Chris Kyle Verdict Question

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
I just saw on CNN that the judge allowed some jurors to go see the movie "American Sniper"....As if that isnt enough of a WTF moment the juror was on TV and said that he saw it, it didnt influence his opinion BUT the movie made Kyle "more likable"....Huh?

I'm no lawyer but that doesnt seem...yanno, fair.

Then he was going for an insanity defense. The juror said he "played the insanity / PTSD CARD" wait...that seems objective BUT THEN the guy was actually suffering from PTSD and had been on Scitzophenia meds for a while according to CNN.

Is there something here I'm missing? They said he was "rational because of his actions" such as eating Taco Bell and picking up his dog.

Again, is there someone who knows more about this?

I just saw on CNN that the judge allowed some jurors to go see the movie "American Sniper"....As if that isnt enough of a WTF moment the juror was on TV and said that he saw it, it didnt influence his opinion BUT the movie made Kyle "more likable"....Huh?

Then he was going for an insanity defense. The juror said he "played the insanity / PTSD CARD" wait...that seems objective BUT THEN the guy was actually suffering from PTSD and had been on Scitzophenia meds for a while according to CNN.

Is there something here I'm missing? They said he was "rational because of his actions" such as eating Taco Bell and picking up his dog.

He was guilty and admitted to being guilty. I'm not sure it really matters after that.

I think we should tie a chute to his ass and drop him into Mosal...let ISIS deal with him.

He was guilty and admitted to being guilty. I'm not sure it really matters after that.

An insanity plea I think matters...Also the sentencing after finding Kyle "more likable". I think you would issue a harder judgement on someone when you empathize with them, right?

An insanity plea I think matters...Also the sentencing after finding Kyle "more likable". I think you would issue a harder judgement on someone when you empathize with them, right?

He's still a murderer. Does it matter if he gets the insanity or not? Either way he should locked up for life. Not like a innocent person is being locked up.

He's still a murderer. Does it matter if he gets the insanity or not? Either way he should locked up for life. Not like a innocent person is being locked up.

I dont think you understand.

Whether or not he murdered Kyle is not the question. He did, he admitted to it. The issues are 1. How can the judge allow an impartial member of the jury to go see a movie about the victim before redering judgement

2. How or why did they determine he wasnt crazy when he was taking crazy pills? The jurors seemed to dismiss the "crazy" because he stopped at Taco Bell (thats an actual quote)

Be honest, you wanted him to get off, and Obama to give him a medal.

Whether or not he murdered Kyle is not the question. He did, he admitted to it. The issues are 1. How can the judge allow an impartial member of the jury to go see a movie about the victim before redering judgement

2. How or why did they determine he wasnt crazy when he was taking crazy pills? The jurors seemed to dismiss the "crazy" because he stopped at Taco Bell (thats an actual quote)

Yes but neither of those was going to change him spending the rest of his life locked up. So while maybe it is wrong i don't think it really matters.

Yes but neither of those was going to change him spending the rest of his life locked up. So while maybe it is wrong i don't think it really matters.

I think it only mattered for the length of sentence and where he was to be sentenced but the whole thing sounds like a bad daytime drama

Be honest, you wanted him to get off, and Obama to give him a medal.

You can go now and recharge. You're obviously all mentally tapped out

I think it only mattered for the length of sentence and where he was to be sentenced but the whole thing sounds like a bad daytime drama

It sounds weird but he was guilty.

can someone tell me why liberals hate it when someone gets convicted and sentenced? crime and punishment, it is what it is. Texas does it right

Might be a first, but I'm
In agreement. The integrity of the verdict matters most. This doesn't help.

OBTW, I don't think he was insane. I think he was guilty as sin.

you just wanted the guy to be found not guilty so you could do a victory lap on the corpse of a dead Vet.

but since you can't get vengeance, again, you will have to settle for being an internet pussy and pick at pieces of the evidence, again.

you just wanted the guy to be found not guilty so you could do a victory lap on the corpse of a dead Vet.

but since you can't get vengeance, again, you will have to settle for being an internet pussy and pick at pieces of the evidence, again.

Tough talk from a bitch. An unoriginal one at that. You're the third retard...not even number 1

Under state law the defense had to prove that at the time of the shooting his mindset was so disturbed or messed up that he was unable to distinguish the difference between right and wrong and did not understand what he had done. His actions after shooting showed he did in my view no matter how we dissect all the legal stuff this is still a waste of three lives.

Did he know right from wrong at the moment he acted is the question. My take on it has always been there was a smirk or maybe a joke about Marine marksmen that tripped him out....Rivalry between the branches isn't news to anybody who's served but it's always there. All it might have taken is for Kyle or his pal to have made the wrong remark or eye wink and the Marine went rogue....it's murder, two counts.

can someone tell me why liberals hate it when someone gets convicted and sentenced? crime and punishment, it is what it is. Texas does it right
To a liberal there is no right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness until convicted of a heinous crime.

Forum List

Back