Choosing the "High Road"--NO WAY!

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Playing Politics
By Linda Chavez
January 12, 2007

...why have the Democrats suddenly changed their tune? It looks like they're just playing politics. If the president is opposed to sending more troops, the Democrats are for it. When the president finally admits he's made a mistake and more troops are needed, the Democrats reverse course.

If the Democrats were smart -- not to mention, principled -- their response to the president's new plan would have been to welcome it, cautiously.

They could have said, "All Americans share the same goal: bringing our troops home and leaving Iraq better than we found it. Toward that end, we are going to give the president six months to show some progress in quelling sectarian violence. We're not sure the president's plan will succeed in bringing stability to Iraq, but it's worth a try."

Instead, by playing politics with their most sacred duty, the Democrats have squandered an opportunity not only to do what is right, but what would have been relatively risk-free.

for full article:
http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/lchavez/2007/lc_01121.shtml

Any chance that the US might make to "leave Iraq a better place than" than it was before the invasion was lost...before the invasion. Afterwards was little better.

Chimpy and Co dismissed the State Deparment plans for reconstruction. They ignored, and then sacked, General Eric Shinseki after he stated, "something in the order of several hundred thousand soldiers" would be needed in post invasion Iraq. Political ideologues were appointed to oversee Iraq's reconstruction rather than anyone with experience in reconstruction and planning. Looters ran amok int the streets of Baghdad, except the Oil Ministry remained untouched. The Iraqi army was disbanded under Proconsul Bremmer, thus throwing several thousands of armed Iraqis onto the streets and into the mix. And let's not forget the $8.9 billion in reconstruction funds that simply vanished on Bremmer's watch. Basic utilities, such as sewer, water, garbage pick-up and electricity remain at, but mostly below, pre-war levels.

As for the Democrats "changing their tune", the Dems supported increasing troop levels when the generals on the ground wanted them. The Democrats are supporting the generals on the ground. Chimpy McPresident is ignoring them.

To blame the Democrats for squandering "...an opportunity not only to do what is right, but what would have been relatively risk-free..." is disingenuous, at best. The reality is that this claim is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to shift the blame for the seemingly intractable problems in Iraq from where they belong...On the collective doorstep of George W. Bush and every member of his administration who had a hand in planning and implementing the policies which have led us where we are today in Iraq.

Any chance that the US might make to "leave Iraq a better place than" than it was before the invasion was lost...before the invasion. Afterwards was little better.

Chimpy and Co dismissed the State Deparment plans for reconstruction. They ignored, and then sacked, General Eric Shinseki after he stated, "something in the order of several hundred thousand soldiers" would be needed in post invasion Iraq. Political ideologues were appointed to oversee Iraq's reconstruction rather than anyone with experience in reconstruction and planning. Looters ran amok int the streets of Baghdad, except the Oil Ministry remained untouched. The Iraqi army was disbanded under Proconsul Bremmer, thus throwing several thousands of armed Iraqis onto the streets and into the mix. And let's not forget the $8.9 billion in reconstruction funds that simply vanished on Bremmer's watch. Basic utilities, such as sewer, water, garbage pick-up and electricity remain at, but mostly below, pre-war levels.

As for the Democrats "changing their tune", the Dems supported increasing troop levels when the generals on the ground wanted them. The Democrats are supporting the generals on the ground. Chimpy McPresident is ignoring them.

To blame the Democrats for squandering "...an opportunity not only to do what is right, but what would have been relatively risk-free..." is disingenuous, at best. The reality is that this claim is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to shift the blame for the seemingly intractable problems in Iraq from where they belong...On the collective doorstep of George W. Bush and every member of his administration who had a hand in planning and implementing the policies which have led us where we are today in Iraq.

Did you just attempt to say something? Do you actually believe in what the lying, spineless, traitor, hypocrite, communists from the Democrat party say? You are going to sit there and agree with Nancy "Streeetch" Pelosi, Joe "I'm An Idiot" Biden, Ted ''One More Round...err make that three" Kennedy, Robert " I've Never Met A Negro I Wouldn't Hang" Byrd, Hillary "Everyone Around Me Commits Suicide" Clinton-Rodam, Harry "WHichever Way The Wind Blows" Reed, John "I Went To Vietnam Abd All I Got Was This Rice Up My Ass" Kerry-Heinz, Barbara "I'm Not A Lesbian...Really" Boxer and the rest of the misfits that make up the Dimwitted party? Is it your contention that these sewer rat, slime balls have anything but self serving political intentions with every word that they utter to the American public? That's pretty pathetic Bullyboy.

Did you just attempt to say something? Do you actually believe in what the lying, spineless, traitor, hypocrite, communists from the Democrat party say? You are going to sit there and agree with Nancy "Streeetch" Pelosi, Joe "I'm An Idiot" Biden, Ted ''One More Round...err make that three" Kennedy, Robert " I've Never Met A Negro I Wouldn't Hang" Byrd, Hillary "Everyone Around Me Commits Suicide" Clinton-Rodam, Harry "WHichever Way The Wind Blows" Reed, John "I Went To Vietnam Abd All I Got Was This Rice Up My Ass" Kerry-Heinz, Barbara "I'm Not A Lesbian...Really" Boxer and the rest of the misfits that make up the Dimwitted party? Is it your contention that these sewer rat, slime balls have anything but self serving political intentions with every word that they utter to the American public? That's pretty pathetic Bullyboy.

Do you have anything meaningful to say? It's painfully obvious that you can't address the issue at hand so you spout bullshit in the hope of drowning out any meaningful discussion. This is an all too typical tactic of the right-wing noise machine, which you have adopted in full. Get a life.

If there were a hundred liberals standing on a railroad track with President Bush, and he said there is a train coming, and they could see the light, and hear the noise, do you think they would remove themselves from the trains path?

I don't.:eusa_hand:

As a whole, when push comes to shove, no party holds command of the “moral high ground”. It is six from one bucket and half of a dozen from the other. It is the opposite side of the same coin. The right-wingers had their turn. Now it is the left-wingers’ turn at bat. (Yawn)

Do you have anything meaningful to say? It's painfully obvious that you can't address the issue at hand so you spout bullshit in the hope of drowning out any meaningful discussion. This is an all too typical tactic of the right-wing noise machine, which you have adopted in full. Get a life.

Bullypulpit, I agree with a lot of things you say, but this time I have to agree with sitarro. For one thing, I don't appreciate you calling my President "Chimpy" because after all, he is one of the greatest Presidents the USA has ever had and it will be realized (hopefully before it is too late for America) by all the dimwitted left liberals one of these days. I just hope it is before we start talking Arabic.

As a whole, when push comes to shove, no party holds command of the “moral high ground”. It is six from one bucket and half of a dozen from the other. It is the opposite side of the same coin. The right-wingers had their turn. Now it is the left-wingers’ turn at bat. (Yawn)

Keep telling yourself that...

No big news here. We all know Bully prefers going for the jugular, rather than excepting a win/win situation for the Washington lefties.

Bullypulpit, I agree with a lot of things you say, but this time I have to agree with sitarro. For one thing, I don't appreciate you calling my President "Chimpy" because after all, he is one of the greatest Presidents the USA has ever had and it will be realized (hopefully before it is too late for America) by all the dimwitted left liberals one of these days. I just hope it is before we start talking Arabic.

<blockquote>"...he (Chimpy) is one of the greatest Presidents the USA has ever had..."</blockquote> :wtf:

<blockquote>"...he (Chimpy) is one of the greatest Presidents the USA has ever had..."</blockquote> :wtf:

Don't look so shocked Bully. Some people seek greatness all their lives, some have it thrust upon them.

I dont think he will be one of the greatest, he could have been but I think history will look positive on his administration despite the crap the left has thrown on him.

Forum List

Back