Chocolate, Tea and Berries: How to Fight Diabetes With Food

Diabetics have to watch what they eat, but compounds in these foods may lower the risk for their disease
By Alexandra Sifferlin

Don't know about the chocolate but have become heavily into fruits, especially for breakfast. My favorite is apples.

Read more: Lowering diabetes risk with chocolate, tea and berries | TIME.com Lowering diabetes risk with chocolate, tea and berries | TIME.com

Plenty of fruits and vegetables along with keeping your weight in check is a good start to preventing diabetes. While there are some people who get it for no known reason, most people create the problem by making poor dietary decisions and due to a lack of exercise. I am at very high risk of developing diabetes because I have Hemochromatosis and it wasn't diagnosed until I was almost dead, but I have been lucky enough to avoid getting diabetes. My blood sugar tests out between 95 and 99, and I've been checking it for the past eight years. I still believe that more than anything else, exercise is the best prevention there is.

Super foods for diabetes are Nuts,Dark Green Leafy Vegetables,Fat-free Milk and Yoghurt,Berries,Fish High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids,Tomatoes,Citrus Fruit.Include these in your diet.I am sure it will help you to keep in control your diabetes.

Forum List

Back