Chinese Swimmer’s Doping Ban Is Lifted After Accusation of Racism

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
They are going to steamroll the West. History will be written by them so I doubt future generations will even understand how it happened. So clearly and blatantly.

What an insult to all of the athletes who play by the rules. Also, what a crock of shyte.

Sun Yang, a three-time Olympic champion and one of China’s most celebrated athletes, had his eight-year ban from swimming suddenly overturned Wednesday by Switzerland’s federal court, which upheld a challenge questioning the neutrality of one of the panelists who had issued the penalty.

The Swiss federal court’s decision came after lawyers for Sun presented evidence that the chairman of the three-member panel that issued Sun’s ban in February had made racist comments about China on social media.

The ruling was a rare encroachment on the body that issued the suspension — the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which is based in Lausanne, Switzerland — and it means that Sun, whose competitive career was effectively ended by the doping ban, is free to resume swimming at least until his case is heard by a different panel at the sports court.

Sun, 29, a six-time Olympic medalist and the first Chinese man to win a swimming gold medal at the Games, has waged a multiyear battle with the World Anti-Doping Agency to preserve his eligibility for international competition.

I like the Chinese approach to racism.

"If you are not Chinese, then FUCK YOU!"

Seems to induce a lot less BS and is as clear as bell.

The American figure skater was caught on doping.

So what? And nothing, of course.

Jessica-Noelle Calalang is fully justified, as the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) concluded that the banned substance got into her body along with cosmetics, the Washington Post reports.

They are going to steamroll the West. History will be written by them so I doubt future generations will even understand how it happened. So clearly and blatantly.

What an insult to all of the athletes who play by the rules. Also, what a crock of shyte.

Sun Yang, a three-time Olympic champion and one of China’s most celebrated athletes, had his eight-year ban from swimming suddenly overturned Wednesday by Switzerland’s federal court, which upheld a challenge questioning the neutrality of one of the panelists who had issued the penalty.

The Swiss federal court’s decision came after lawyers for Sun presented evidence that the chairman of the three-member panel that issued Sun’s ban in February had made racist comments about China on social media.

The ruling was a rare encroachment on the body that issued the suspension — the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which is based in Lausanne, Switzerland — and it means that Sun, whose competitive career was effectively ended by the doping ban, is free to resume swimming at least until his case is heard by a different panel at the sports court.

Sun, 29, a six-time Olympic medalist and the first Chinese man to win a swimming gold medal at the Games, has waged a multiyear battle with the World Anti-Doping Agency to preserve his eligibility for international competition.

how did he do in the last olympics?

I guess racism is the new get out of jail free card.

I don't understand it really. If they discovered by a test he was doping how does that change anything? If a black guy robs a store and officer Hitler arrests him, sure officer Hitler is racist but that doesn't mean the guy still didn't rob the store and still shouldn't be punished for his crime. How does someone being racist change actual facts?

Forum List

Back