Chinese nationals operate nearly every illegal indoor marijuana farm in the largest US county, sergeant says

AMart

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2020
It doesn't matter if pot is legal or not. This will still occur.

Chinese and Mexican nationals operate almost all illegal marijuana growing operations in the United States' largest county, the leader of a local marijuana enforcement team told Fox News.

"When most people talk about gangs, they think about the typical Southern California gangbangers," Sgt. Rich Debevec of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Marijuana Enforcement Team said. "And that's not the way it is."

"Mostly what we deal with are either Mexican nationals or Chinese nationals as our two largest groups of people that we deal with," he continued. "I would estimate 85% are non-citizens."

WATCH MORE FOX NEWS DIGITAL ORIGINALS HERE

San Bernardino County, the largest county in the U.S., has grappled with illegal marijuana growing operations for years due to the vast amount of available farmland. The San Bernardino County marijuana enforcement team has served over 2,100 search warrants and seized over $1 billion in cannabis plants and processed cannabis since 2020, Debevec told Fox News.

man arrested on marijuana charges

A resident of a home is detained and led out of his home for questioning by an Operation Hammer Strike deputy with the San Bernardino County Sheriffs Department as other deputies remove 316 pounds of marijuana found at the residence.
The enforcement team this week busted an illegal grow with over 5,000 plants, an operation estimated to be worth over $8 million per year, according to Debevec. Indoor-grown cannabis is the best quality and sells for the highest price, he said.

READ ON THE FOX NEWS APP

"My best estimate is probably 97 to 98% of all of our indoor marijuana cultivations are run by Chinese nationals," Debevec told Fox News. "Back in 2019, we got involved in a yearlong investigation where we were able to prove that Chinese nationals were bringing in money from China, purchasing houses in the Chino, Ontario area and turning them into marijuana cultivations."

Three men that year were arrested on federal charges, with authorities accusing them of using money wired from China to purchase homes in San Bernardino County and convert them to illegal marijuana grow operations. The multi-million dollar grow operations distributed cannabis illegally throughout California and Nevada, authorities said.

Debevec suspects Mexican cartels are involved in similar schemes.

Just the drug warriors acting like they are doing something useful.

Moral of the story. Don't be trying to undercut the state cartels.
And make foreign nationals stay in the import trade where they belong, not in domestic production markets, though the non-compete with the state cartel is undoubtably the motivation.

Chinese and Mexican nationals operate almost all illegal marijuana growing operations in the United States' largest county, the leader of a local marijuana enforcement team told Fox News.

"When most people talk about gangs, they think about the typical Southern California gangbangers," Sgt. Rich Debevec of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Marijuana Enforcement Team said. "And that's not the way it is."

"Mostly what we deal with are either Mexican nationals or Chinese nationals as our two largest groups of people that we deal with," he continued. "I would estimate 85% are non-citizens."

San Bernardino County, the largest county in the U.S., has grappled with illegal marijuana growing operations for years due to the vast amount of available farmland. The San Bernardino County marijuana enforcement team has served over 2,100 search warrants and seized over $1 billion in cannabis plants and processed cannabis since 2020, Debevec told Fox News.

A resident of a home is detained and led out of his home for questioning by an Operation Hammer Strike deputy with the San Bernardino County Sheriffs Department as other deputies remove 316 pounds of marijuana found at the residence.
The enforcement team this week busted an illegal grow with over 5,000 plants, an operation estimated to be worth over $8 million per year, according to Debevec. Indoor-grown cannabis is the best quality and sells for the highest price, he said.

READ ON THE FOX NEWS APP

"My best estimate is probably 97 to 98% of all of our indoor marijuana cultivations are run by Chinese nationals," Debevec told Fox News. "Back in 2019, we got involved in a yearlong investigation where we were able to prove that Chinese nationals were bringing in money from China, purchasing houses in the Chino, Ontario area and turning them into marijuana cultivations."

Three men that year were arrested on federal charges, with authorities accusing them of using money wired from China to purchase homes in San Bernardino County and convert them to illegal marijuana grow operations. The multi-million dollar grow operations distributed cannabis illegally throughout California and Nevada, authorities said.

How is this any different from Big Dakota Farmer and The Elf pushing another effeminizing drug: SARS2 mRNA injections?

If only it wasn't illegal, those cops would have nothing to do and could focus on real criminal things.

Grass is legal, of course, in California.

But the result is exactly how I have predicted that legal cannabis would turn out. A lot more need for regulators and prisons as the state seeks to maintain its monopoly on weed cultivation and marketing.

But the result is exactly how I have predicted that legal cannabis would turn out. A lot more need for regulators and prisons as the state seeks to maintain its monopoly on weed cultivation and marketing.
That's what I kept telling the "legalize and tax" crowd back during the Paulbot era.....You didn't need to be a wizard to see what was coming of it all.

That's what I kept telling the "legalize and tax" crowd back during the Paulbot era.....You didn't need to be a wizard to see what was coming of it all.

Everyone knew states would do this which is why the argument has long been that is should simply be legal.

The enforcement of grass laws is a lot more aggressive where its legal, as money is being taken out of the hands of a greedy government.

And its a lot more likely that a couple of bricks of grass will "fall off" a truck than it is that a couple of loafs of bread will.

Everyone knew states would do this which is why the argument has long been that is should simply be legal.

If grass was legalized, but not taxed/regulated, and just sold on the end cap at Walmart next to the cookie aisle, there would be a whole lot less motivation for people to grow their own or steal it. It would be like stealing bread, not a very common crime since the days of Jean Valjean.

READ ON THE FOX NEWS APP

Can't they tell which house is growing pot by its electric bills, or are these farm houses using generators?
And how did all these illegal Chinese get into our country, through Mexico?

Can't they tell which house is growing pot by its electric bills, or are these farm houses using generators?
And how did all these illegal Chinese get into our country, through Mexico?

Nowhere does it state that they are here illegally.

Nowhere does it state that they are here illegally.
I read the article. >> "Mostly what we deal with are either Mexican nationals or Chinese nationals as our two largest groups of people that we deal with," he continued. "I would estimate 85% are non-citizens." << Unless we are to assume they are all here with green cards, student or work visas?

I read the article. >> "Mostly what we deal with are either Mexican nationals or Chinese nationals as our two largest groups of people that we deal with," he continued. "I would estimate 85% are non-citizens." << Unless we are to assume they are all here with green cards and work visas?

Who is buying the property? No, it's not illegals.

I guess the criminals are trying to avoid pay taxes on the drugs they grow

I guess the criminals are trying to avoid pay taxes on the drugs they grow

Must be industrious criminals, I would think that its a lot less work and hassle just to hijack a grass truck than to grow it themselves.

The real danger is that it's giving the Mexican cartels a foothold in America. We'll see the results when they move from just growing it, to the end of the chain, direct sales.

We thought we saw violence in the Black ghettoes when the brothers on the block shot it out in turf wars -- wait till the cartels move in!

Here's a good essay on the subject:
"A look at the people who are becoming the new government in rural California.

Forum List

Back