Chinese EV factories closing left and right!

survivor moment.gif

Oooops...."deserted" :abgg2q.jpg:

Deserted Factories Show How China Electric Car Boom Went Too Far

We already know, Americans don't care for EV's....but now China!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:
Really fucking stupid. How many Whippets have you driven? There were huge numbers of different auto manufacturers early on, most went out of business, or were purchased by a larger manufacturer.

There are presently about 300 EV manufacturers in China. They are going through the same process that the auto manufacturers did in the early 20th century, only at a faster rate;

"The fastest growth in EV sales has been in Europe: a compound annual growth rate of 60% from 2016 to 2020, compared with increases of 36% in China and 17% in the U.S. ... In each of the past three years, EVs accounted for about 2% of the U.S. new-car market.Jun 7, 2021"

Double digit annual compound growth in the US EV market. LOL Only a fool would say that EV's have not had wide acceptance in the US. In the US alone, 1.5 million pre-orders for the Cyber truck. Many Tesla models are sold out well into 2022. By 2025, EV's will cost less than ICE autos, and exceed them in every parameter.

Dont worry during the winters in china, they will be making EV's again. Not to drive, but to keep warm...

ICE vehicles have a higher burn rate than do Tesla's.

"About 174,000 vehicle fires were reported in the United States in 2015, the most recent year for which statistics are available from the National Fire Protection Association. Virtually all of those fires involved gasoline powered cars. That works out to about one every three minutes.

Tesla claims that gasoline powered cars are about 11 times more likely to catch fire than a Tesla. It says the best comparison is fires per 1 billion miles driven. It says the 300,000 Teslas on the road have been driven a total of 7.5 billion miles, and about 40 fires have been reported. That works out to five fires for every billion miles traveled, compared to a rate of 55 fires per billion miles traveled in gasoline cars."

"About 174,000 vehicle fires were reported in the United States in 2015, the most recent year for which statistics are available from the National Fire Protection Association. Virtually all of those fires involved gasoline powered cars. That works out to about one every three minutes.

Tesla claims that gasoline powered cars are about 11 times more likely to catch fire than a Tesla. It says the best comparison is fires per 1 billion miles driven. It says the 300,000 Teslas on the road have been driven a total of 7.5 billion miles, and about 40 fires have been reported. That works out to five fires for every billion miles traveled, compared to a rate of 55 fires per billion miles traveled in gasoline cars."
Have you ever been in an electric car when it is in an accident? Special handling must be done, so emergency crews dont electrocute themselves.....

Have you ever been in an electric car when it is in an accident? Special handling must be done, so emergency crews dont electrocute themselves.....

ACTIVATED AIRBAGS IN ELECTRIC VEHICLES​

If, in the event of an accident, the airbags of an electric or hybrid vehicle are activated, there is no risk of electrocution from the bodywork. This is because the power supply from the high-voltage battery is automatically switched off when the airbags are activated. In exceptional cases the airbags may not activate in a bad crash – for instance, if a vehicle is hit from behind. As long as the safety cage remains intact, there is no risk of electrocution from the bodywork.

If, in the event of an accident, the airbags of an electric or hybrid vehicle are activated, there is no risk of electrocution from the bodywork. This is because the power supply from the high-voltage battery is automatically switched off when the airbags are activated. In exceptional cases the airbags may not activate in a bad crash – for instance, if a vehicle is hit from behind. As long as the safety cage remains intact, there is no risk of electrocution from the bodywork.

I guess you havent. The rescue team, must make sure that the EV has discharged it voltage or they end up getting electrocuted. If time is short as you are bleeding out, if they have to wait long, you are dead.

It would seem that a lot of people are really full of shit concerning China's EV industry. The only major American company we have that is competing with the Chinese companies is Tesla.

Tesla claims that gasoline powered cars are about 11 times more likely to catch fire than a Tesla.
Tesla claims? Now Tesla is a source on his competition? In my life time I never had a fire in my car nor has any car manufacture said I should park my car 50 ft away from anything I dont want to burn. Also, I never had a fire, let alone a fire that the fire department can not put out.

But is that not the point of an accident, that things are broke and do not stay intact? Moron!

lol.......as usual, Old Rocks coming with deception and fakery. In the US, nobody wants EV's........nobody. I mean, c'mon now......Old Rocks and the climate crusaders in here are not serious people.

Folks........Toyota and Honda sold more Civics/Camry's in 2020 than ALL EV SALES COMBINED!! :abgg2q.jpg:

Im trying not to split my sides laughing........

Check for yourself............all the sales #'s right here folks.

https://cleantechnica.com/2021/02/08/2020-us-electric-vehicle-sales-report/

How many times do I need to clean the clocks of these bozo climate k00ks?:coffee:

Nobody wants cars that spontaneously explode all the time. Oh....and next time you go for a drive into town, count how many EV's you see in your travels compared to conventional vehicles. :flirtysmile4:

:flirtysmile4::flirtysmile4::flirtysmile4:

BTW........a few years back, Old Rocks was telling us in here that SMARTCAR was going to take over the world right before EV's!

How many SmartCars do you see these days? LOL......there are about 117 left on the road in the whole nation :hello77:

Let's see, 89,876 Tesla 3's, 79,072 Tesla y's, 22,255 Tesla X's, and 13,071 Tesla S's, for a total of 204, 274. And 1,500,000+ pre-orders for the Cyber truck. And most model production sold out well into 2022. Hmmmmm.............. Looks like they have sold just about every vehicle that they produced. And they will probably double those sales in 2021. By 2025, advances in batteries will bring the prices of EV's in direct competition with ICE's on prices, and the EV's will be far better products with much lower fuel and maintenance costs.

Forum List

Back