Chinese envoy says Canada’s acceptance of Hong Kong refugees jeopardizes Canadians in former British colony

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I think the Canadian governments are waking up and maybe they should trust CSIS more. As it were, Canadians thoroughly understand what's at stake, a record disdain for China in a poll, even as Ontario and others don't.

A direct threat to the citizens of Canada. Need anyone say more? Please, wake up America. Don't follow in our footsteps.

Chinese envoy says Canada’s acceptance of Hong Kong refugees jeopardizes Canadians in former British colony

China’s ambassador to Canada is urging Ottawa to stop granting asylum to democracy activists from Hong Kong, whom he described as violent criminals, and warned that accepting these people could jeopardize the “health and safety” of 300,000 Canadians who live in the former British colony.

Asked if he was issuing a threat, envoy Cong Peiwu replied: “That is your interpretation.”

He also rejected the accusation from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau this week that his country practises “coercive diplomacy.”

Foreign Affairs Minister François-Philippe Champagne called the envoy’s statements inappropriate.

“The reported comments by the Chinese ambassador are totally unacceptable and disturbing,” the minister said in a statement.

“I have instructed Global Affairs to call the Ambassador in to make clear in no uncertain terms that Canada will always stand up for human rights and the rights of Canadians around the world.”

Mr. Cong used a news conference on Thursday marking the 50th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the two countries to say Beijing finds it unacceptable that Canada recently accepted two Hong Kong pro-democracy dissidents as political refugees. He also took strong exception to a call from nearly 60 MPs and senators to shelter more Hong Kong residents fleeing China’s national-security law.

“We strongly urge the Canadian side not to grant so-called political asylum to those violent criminals in Hong Kong, because it is interference in China’s domestic affairs, and certainly it will embolden those violent criminals,” he said.

The Globe and Mail has reported that Canada has accepted at least two Hong Kong activists as refugees, granting them protection in early September. More than 45 other dissidents are awaiting approval for asylum, sources have told The Globe.

Mr. Cong indicated any further action to shelter Hong Kong residents could have consequences for the many Canadians living in the Asian financial hub.

“If the Canadian side really cares about the stability and the prosperity in Hong Kong, and really cares about the good health and safety of those 300,000 Canadian passport holders in Hong Kong and the large number of Canadian companies operating in Hong Kong … you should support those efforts to fight violent crimes,” he said.

Well I’m sure Justin “the cuck” Turdeau will bend the knee to China and all will be well.

Well I’m sure Justin “the cuck” Turdeau will bend the knee to China and all will be well.
I view this as a lesson to Americans who love china and hate America.

china is a threat to the entire world and must be resisted

that means that many political fixtures in washington from both parties must be put out to pasture

The Dragon is spreading it's wings.........no shock here.......

See the leader there as a pussy........threatening him for their jollies.........I remember Hong Kong before they took it back from Britain.......was a great place back then...........Britain sold them out......and now china is ruling with the iron fist.

We knew back then it was over there in time.

Forum List

Back