China Warns US Over Standoff with Russia.

Yes sir. That about sums it up. Russia is our "friend", the only stalwart we have (had) against China. I say that with my teeth grit, being a cold war era soldier. Now we know there are worse things
Nations don't have friends...they have interests....

Nations don't have friends...they have interests....
Either way, I wouldn't trust them further than I can throw them. But...they seem to understand stability and peace are better ways forward. When I was younger, I could not believe some of the things Russia did (Grozny comes to mind). But what I didn't understand was that they were fighting terrorism, not just naked aggression for the sake of occupying. The whole region around their border has been a constant tsunami of unrest. That aspect has come out more that media has opened up some compared to 'back then'. I no longer fear Russia and believe they will only strike out when their own security is threatened.

China, on the other hand...not good. Hong Kong was an independent country before. I am not happy with that situation. Nor other signs of aggression for no reason but expansion.

Either way, I wouldn't trust them further than I can throw them. But...they seem to understand stability and peace are better ways forward. When I was younger, I could not believe some of the things Russia did (Grozny comes to mind). But what I didn't understand was that they were fighting terrorism, not just naked aggression for the sake of occupying. The whole region around their border has been a constant tsunami of unrest. That aspect has come out more that media has opened up some compared to 'back then'. I no longer fear Russia and believe they will only strike out when their own security is threatened.

China, on the other hand...not good. Hong Kong was an independent country before. I am not happy with that situation. Nor other signs of aggression for no reason but expansion.
I fear a Russia/China amalgamation because we leave Putin with no other option.... That would be very bad and interestingly enough Germany recognizes that possibility and we do not I guess...

How do we interpret this statement coming from China? Is it simply advice or is it to be seen as a signal that China is ready to actively take a side? Or something else?
Opinions?

Russia has no security concerns. They are a threat to their neighbors. They should have been cut off at the knees economically when they invaded Crimea.

I think everyone, Biden included, would like better relations with Russia. But that's entirely dependent on Putin.
It's entirely dependent on Putin stepping down and Russia getting a new leader who is weak and compliant with America's agenda.

Being a Canadian, you should know better about what's going on. Didn't you learn anything from their Iraq war? No American can criticize another country after that!

How do we interpret this statement coming from China? Is it simply advice or is it to be seen as a signal that China is ready to actively take a side? Or something else?
Opinions?
China is a hungry jackal hoping for part of the kill

Forum List

Back