China to have 150 more ships than US by 2028 under Biden budget, Navy secretary admits

Tell that to the pro-democracy protestors at Tiananen Square, or Hong Kong. The Chinese Communist Party regularly uses military troops to control the populace.
You need to desperately update yourself. Or simply stop spreading false statements. Obviously you have never been to China, but you can continiously spread cock and bull stories about China.

During the Tienanmen period China did not have Riot police units, they didn't even have standard police units equipped and trained accordingly. 34 years ago!!!

There was no PLA military involved during the riots in HK. The control and security of HK was entirely conducted by HK Riot Police and standard HK police units.
Those Mainland units that were later additionally moved in, were also only Police and Riot-Police units. The PLA garrison unit in HK was never mobilized or ordered to intervene.

After 1989 China immediatley adopted the concept of Western democratic countries like e.g. Germany - were demonstrations are handled via standard Police units and their respective sub-units trained and equipped for riot control, and can additionally request support from the BGS/BP.

Germany had the Bundesgrenzschutz (Federal Border Guard) aka BGS now termed BP (Federal Police) China has the so called Armed Police.
Unlike Western democratic countries - China's standard municipal, rural and traffic police personal do NOT carry sidearms.

Unlike the USA, China does not need to move in Military aka National Guard to contain civilian demonstrations or civil unrest

Sure they are having recruitment problems but nothing has changed since I served. We always got the job done and didn't bother pissing and moaning about it. I would rather have a short detail of highly trained and motivated military than a bunch of over inflated poorly trained people standing around in green pickle suits. We win, you lose. Get used to it. And even when we have one hand tied behind our backs.
Dei and diversity is making the former US military weak

Lower standards from mental to physical

All we need is a fat 5 foot Mexican lesbian broad at the helm of a Nimitz class

Serpentine!

This is obvious simply by looking at their equipment.

One of their main tanks is still the Type 59.

20090603-tank-cole-1000px.jpg

That is literally just a Chinese made copy of the T-54, a Post-WWII era tank. It's closest equivalent in US equipment would be the M46 Patton. That was later replaced with the M47 and M48 Patton, then the M60 Patton, then the M1 Abrams.

The above photo is instantly recognizable to any of my generation, as it was taken in 1989. Now I would love to have anybody explain to me why they had over 8,000 of those tanks, as they were completely obsolete against modern military forces of the time. The answer is the same as why they still have almost 1,000 in their inventory today over 3 decades later.

They are not for use against outside threats, but against their own population.

Even the T-62 tanks that Russia is pulling out of museums are significantly better than these things are, the US has not used tanks like that in over half a century. Yet China still keeps them, because against internal protestors they are perfect.
WOW-M.jpg

Forum List

Back