China - The Most Trusted Government By Its People In The World.

I'm sure the North Korean people are even happier still.

tumblr_m690nr8b8y1qz97cwo1_500.jpg

And let me ask you what has happened to those that said no they do not trust the Chinese Government?

Do you actually believe all those that said yes said it freely without worry that they would be punished by their government?

The Government of China has always been brutal when it came to Human Rights and like in North Korea their citizens will say whatever the Government want them to say and if not many with a brain know what it mean to that person and their entire family...

Now you will argue about how all I wrote is just opinion and even though the U.N. has noted China crimes against it own people you will say “ but this poll claims they trust their Government while Americans hate Trump “ while forgetting the word Government mean Trump, Senate, House, USSC and much more and forgetting Americans have felt this way toward Congress and the Federal Government a lot longer than Trump and if you disagree then go back over Congress approval ratings and notice how low they are and have been and Trump has never been the reason for those numbers...

So yes you were trying to promote China Government is better than the U.S., so seeing you believe this tell me you should go there and protest the inhumane way they treat the Muslim population and see how fast you realize that people in China were lying about their trust in their Government because had they said the truth them and their family would suffer...
I am not trying to promote the Chinese Government above any other as I said in my piece.
Indeed I can agree that the last place I would want to live (with the exception of N Korea and a few others) is China.
However were I disagree is that all those who gave approval did so in fear of their Government.
We have grown up conditioned to what we perceive is the right way to think about government and how it should operate.
The Chinese have been brought up to believe in a different way. Individualism is not a popular notion, instead collectivisation is. Perhaps those dissidents in China are the few who have had access to western media.
Rather like we see the three UK schoolgirls who ran away to join ISIS some years ago.
Hogwash!

The citizens of China know if they speak out against their government them and their family will be taught a hard lesson.

Polls like the one you are using can be skewed to support the idea the Citizens of China support their Government but the fact remains the Government controls every aspect of their lives and they ( the people ) know what will happen if it is discovered they said they did not trust the Communist Party that run their country!

Only a fool would think that poll was legit and no not because I think America is great but I know Communists will make sure the propaganda will support how they are better...

It would be interesting to see the current figures.
I doubt that the UK figure would be so high. Probably the US figure would be lower after trumps failures on Covid.
Hmm...what I have always found odd is that all what we consider to be the most civilised country's, depend on governments both elected by, or with the approval of only a third of their people. Which strongly suggests the majority of peoples throughout democratic histories don't want their governments.
Americans generally despise their politicians which I think is healthy enough. But those same folk seem happy to give trump a free pass on anything. Its like he is a God like Emperor or Sun King. I cant explain it.
Trump get a free pass from his loyal voters but there are tens of millions voters that dislike him and to group every American as a Trump supporter show how ignorant you are!

Second, the Chinese tyrants have made a deal with the people: Leave politics to us, and you can have a relatively free personal life: travel to other countries, make a lot of money, live in comfortable homes, enjoy delicious food, etc.
How did that work out the Tibetans, the Uyghurs, or the Falun Gong?

I was referring to how the tyrants treat the Han (Chinese) people.

The tyrants, as you point out, have no patience for groups that dare oppose Beijing's policies.

What they are doing to the Uyghurs is despicable!

Hopefully President Biden will take stern measures against Beijing for its concentration camps.

Funny how we perceive things living in our home countries. The impression often given by media is that the Chinese live a depressing life, having to self censor their thoughts for fear of their Government, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth. The Chinese people trust their government far more than we in the democratic west. A massive 84% compared with UK 36%. USA 33%.
It seems the Chinese are far happier when it comes to government than we.
Equally surprising is India (a country I'd always considered with the most corrupt government in the world) 70%. And Turkey who I'd thought had a plummeting standard of living, demonstrations and harsh censorship, a remarkable 51%.

My reason for posting this thread, isn't to try to claim one government is better or worse than another, but to emphasise that what we perceive in the west - The Chinese (Tiananmen Sq. Hong Kong). Iraq's (Saddam). Libya (Gaddafi). were crying out for us to liberate them, was not necessarily true.

Oz.

PS I wonder why trust in the US Gov. has fallen so sharply (a massive37%) over the last few years?

The Countries That Trust Their Government Most And Least [Infographic]
Niall McCarthyContributor
Business
Data journalist covering technological, societal and media topics

According to the latest edition of the Edelman Trust Barometer, the United States has experienced a significant 37 percentage point drop in trust across its institutions while at the opposite end of the scale, China experienced a 27-point gain. When it comes to government, one of the most important trust indicators, China leads the way. Edelman found that 84 percent of people in China trust their government, the highest level worldwide and an eight percentage point increase on 2017.
Indians also place a high level of trust in their government with seven out of every ten people having faith in the political process there. Turkey is still recovering from a dramatic coup d'état attempt in 2016 and government trust levels in the country remain unchanged from last year at 51 percent. With Brexit dividing the United Kingdom more than at any other time in modern history, only 36 percent of Edelman's respondents said they trust the government. That is also unchanged from last year. The United States sinks even lower in the ranking with only one third of people saying they have faith in the government, a 14 percentage-point drop on 2017.
*Click below to enlarge (charted by Statista)
% trusting the government and change from 2017 to 2018
STATISTA
Niall McCarthy
Niall McCarthy

I am a Statista data journalist, covering technological, societal and media topics through visual representation. In fact, I love to write about all trending topics,
sostupid.jpeg

Funny how we perceive things living in our home countries. The impression often given by media is that the Chinese live a depressing life, having to self censor their thoughts for fear of their Government, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth. The Chinese people trust their government far more than we in the democratic west. A massive 84% compared with UK 36%. USA 33%.
It seems the Chinese are far happier when it comes to government than we.
Equally surprising is India (a country I'd always considered with the most corrupt government in the world) 70%. And Turkey who I'd thought had a plummeting standard of living, demonstrations and harsh censorship, a remarkable 51%.

My reason for posting this thread, isn't to try to claim one government is better or worse than another, but to emphasise that what we perceive in the west - The Chinese (Tiananmen Sq. Hong Kong). Iraq's (Saddam). Libya (Gaddafi). were crying out for us to liberate them, was not necessarily true.

Oz.

PS I wonder why trust in the US Gov. has fallen so sharply (a massive37%) over the last few years?

The Countries That Trust Their Government Most And Least [Infographic]
Niall McCarthyContributor
Business
Data journalist covering technological, societal and media topics

According to the latest edition of the Edelman Trust Barometer, the United States has experienced a significant 37 percentage point drop in trust across its institutions while at the opposite end of the scale, China experienced a 27-point gain. When it comes to government, one of the most important trust indicators, China leads the way. Edelman found that 84 percent of people in China trust their government, the highest level worldwide and an eight percentage point increase on 2017.
Indians also place a high level of trust in their government with seven out of every ten people having faith in the political process there. Turkey is still recovering from a dramatic coup d'état attempt in 2016 and government trust levels in the country remain unchanged from last year at 51 percent. With Brexit dividing the United Kingdom more than at any other time in modern history, only 36 percent of Edelman's respondents said they trust the government. That is also unchanged from last year. The United States sinks even lower in the ranking with only one third of people saying they have faith in the government, a 14 percentage-point drop on 2017.
*Click below to enlarge (charted by Statista)
STATISTA
Niall McCarthy
Niall McCarthy

I am a Statista data journalist, covering technological, societal and media topics through visual representation. In fact, I love to write about all trending topics,

Imagine that. "Trust us.....or we shoot you!"

Hopefully President Biden will take stern measures against Beijing for its concentration camps.
Hopefully biden never gets a chance to be president and show how wrong you are

i dont want to be cynical, but its pretty clear china already has him in their back pocket

If you had been born there you would have probably never heard of Judaism

If I'd been born in a British Labour family, I'd have heard that Judaism was evil.
How's that?
I was born into a British/Irish Labour family and have never had a problem with Jews.
Indeed because of what happened to them, and with his experiences in the RAF, my father lost his faith.

You should be mature enough to recognise the difference between criticism of Israel's government policy's, and blatant anti-Semitism.

I was born into a British/Irish Labour family and have never had a problem with Jews.

And yet, you mention them at every opportunity.
" And yet, you mention them at every opportunity."
Who's "them"?
Do you mean 'Jews'?
Shouldn't you have said 'us'?

You attacked the people of N. Korea (not its Dictator) by ridicule.
Its my job to defend the people, who ever the people happen to be.
I'd have said the same if you happened to be a Christian, or Muslim. - Its all an accident of birth.

You have a snap of Moshe Dayan?
Which strongly suggests you want, before anything else, everybody to acknowledge your Jewish.
So I'm acknowledging the fact.

I was just thinking last night while eating my sushi and Bouchales Merlot supper - 'I wonder why grown men believe in fairy stories?' but failed to come up with an answer.

Second, the Chinese tyrants have made a deal with the people: Leave politics to us, and you can have a relatively free personal life: travel to other countries, make a lot of money, live in comfortable homes, enjoy delicious food, etc.
How did that work out the Tibetans, the Uyghurs, or the Falun Gong?

I was referring to how the tyrants treat the Han (Chinese) people.

The tyrants, as you point out, have no patience for groups that dare oppose Beijing's policies.

What they are doing to the Uyghurs is despicable!

Hopefully President [sic] Biden will take stern measures against Beijing for its concentration camps.

Why would he? The democrats love concentration camps.

Forum List

Back