China says US will 'bear all consequences' if Pelosi visits Taiwan

Your economy is not able to do so. I guess the markets in the USA are not essential for the Chinese economy. And the Chinese live in another time-sphere. I heard for example the Chinese have the plan to overtake Taiwan in 2049.

Our economy is just global as China's, even more so. We are still much larger than them.

Our market was certainly essential for them. It was stupid of us to grow our enemy the way we did.

Not sure what you mean by "time sphere".

Regardless, we should stop trading with them now. It would hurt them, and might help us.

China has nothing to fear from their puppet, as Joe keeps emptying our Strategic Oil Reserves - sending millions of barrels of oil to Xi.

If Xi decides to invade Taiwan it will be with Biden's blessing, as Joe will let China have it without batting an eye.

nancy-pelosi-saul-loeb-afp.jpg

China warned Wednesday that Washington would "bear the consequences" if US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi visits Taiwan, with tensions soaring ahead of an expected phone call between the two countries' leaders.
Beijing has hit back hard against the United States after reports emerged last week that Pelosi, a Democrat who is second in line to the presidency, could visit the self-ruled island of Taiwan in August.
The potential visit is likely to dominate a phone call between Chinese President Xi Jinping and US counterpart Joe Biden, which the US leader has said he expects will take place this week.
Ties between the two global superpowers have continued to deteriorate under Biden's presidency, over issues including Taiwan, human rights and technology sector competition.
Beijing this week warned that it was "getting ready" for a possible visit by Pelosi, which would be the first to Taiwan by a sitting US House speaker since 1997.
"We are firmly opposed to Speaker Pelosi's visit to Taiwan," Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said at a regular press conference Wednesday.
"If the US pushes ahead and challenges China's bottom line... the US side will bear all the consequences," he added.
A possible visit by Pelosi -- yet to be confirmed by the senior Democrat -- has stirred alarm in President Joe Biden's administration, which fears the trip may cross red lines for China.
Last week Biden said the US military "thinks it's not a good idea right now".

'Show support'​

Democratic Taiwan lives under constant threat of being invaded by China, which views the self-ruled island as part of its territory to be seized by force if necessary.
China's air incursions near Taiwan have risen sharply this year as Beijing works to isolate the island on the international stage.
Any trip by the senior Democrat could come at an especially fraught time as Chinese President Xi Jinping prepares to cement his rule later this year at a major party meeting amid economic headwinds.
Pelosi told reporters last week it was "important for us to show support for Taiwan," while denying Congress was pushing for independence for the island.
Taiwan enjoys bipartisan backing in divided Washington and China's warnings have only fueled calls for Pelosi to go ahead.
She has long been an outspoken critic of Beijing's human rights record, in 1991 outraging her hosts by unfurling a banner in Tiananmen Square in memory of pro-democracy demonstrators killed there two years earlier.
CIA chief Bill Burns said last week that Xi appears committed to the option of using force against Taiwan, despite lessons from Russia's struggles in Ukraine.
"I wouldn't underestimate President Xi's determination to assert China's control" over self-ruled Taiwan, he said.
© 2022 AFP

Local : 2022-07-28(Thursday) 03 : 25 : 18
Remote : 1658919352
Found via the developer's version (my version) of https://nicer.app/news-world-headlines , currently offline due to a prolonged hospital visit during which i've taken all harddisks from my home office with me to the hospital to prevent theft and cyberwarfare attacks against my company.
-- -- -

somebody give this woman a medal, please :)

and eh, Taiwan is a long-standing ally of the USA, as are South-Korea and Japan.
i said that yesterday as well, Chinese.
and we of NATO do a much better job defending our true allies than you Chinese ever have.
wanna lose your fleet and coastal defenses? keep on threatening us.
Hmmm, if they can limit the consequences to just Washington, I'm ok with that.

Our economy is just global as China's, even more so.

Counterquestion - although you asked nothing: Who buys a smart-phone which is "made in the USA" (really made in the USA) although you invented smart-phones?

We are still much larger than them.

Money is an illusion.

Our market was certainly essential for them. It was stupid of us to grow our enemy the way we did.

I never understood why all big companies of the western world went to China and gave them their complete know how for free. But it is what it is and with an economic war you are not able to solve the self made problems of the past any longer.

Not sure what you mean by "time sphere".

I told you now in 2022 that I heard China made a plan to overtake Taiwan in 2049. In 2049 your politicians will be totally surprised from China - specially because they have to do sanctions against Germany because we Nazis exported a grilled chicken from Berlin to Romania to support a gypsy family there.

Regardless, we should stop trading with them now. It would hurt them, and might help us.

Or it would hurt you and might help them. And do not forget: Economic wars are also always a step into real wars.

Last edited:
So? What difference does that make?

Taiwan should join NATO

No. Perhaps you should slowly try to understand what is the NATO: a defense alliance - in your case your Atlantic shield - and not an institution of the USA to let other nations solve the not existing problems of the USA.

Last edited:

China warned Wednesday that Washington would "bear the consequences" if US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi visits Taiwan, with tensions soaring ahead of an expected phone call between the two countries' leaders.
Beijing has hit back hard against the United States after reports emerged last week that Pelosi, a Democrat who is second in line to the presidency, could visit the self-ruled island of Taiwan in August.
The potential visit is likely to dominate a phone call between Chinese President Xi Jinping and US counterpart Joe Biden, which the US leader has said he expects will take place this week.
Ties between the two global superpowers have continued to deteriorate under Biden's presidency, over issues including Taiwan, human rights and technology sector competition.
Beijing this week warned that it was "getting ready" for a possible visit by Pelosi, which would be the first to Taiwan by a sitting US House speaker since 1997.
"We are firmly opposed to Speaker Pelosi's visit to Taiwan," Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said at a regular press conference Wednesday.
"If the US pushes ahead and challenges China's bottom line... the US side will bear all the consequences," he added.
A possible visit by Pelosi -- yet to be confirmed by the senior Democrat -- has stirred alarm in President Joe Biden's administration, which fears the trip may cross red lines for China.

'Show support'​

Democratic Taiwan lives under constant threat of being invaded by China, which views the self-ruled island as part of its territory to be seized by force if necessary.
China's air incursions near Taiwan have risen sharply this year as Beijing works to isolate the island on the international stage.
Any trip by the senior Democrat could come at an especially fraught time as Chinese President Xi Jinping prepares to cement his rule later this year at a major party meeting amid economic headwinds.
Pelosi told reporters last week it was "important for us to show support for Taiwan," while denying Congress was pushing for independence for the island.
Taiwan enjoys bipartisan backing in divided Washington and China's warnings have only fueled calls for Pelosi to go ahead.
She has long been an outspoken critic of Beijing's human rights record, in 1991 outraging her hosts by unfurling a banner in Tiananmen Square in memory of pro-democracy demonstrators killed there two years earlier.
CIA chief Bill Burns said last week that Xi appears committed to the option of using force against Taiwan, despite lessons from Russia's struggles in Ukraine.
"I wouldn't underestimate President Xi's determination to assert China's control" over self-ruled Taiwan, he said.
© 2022 AFP

Found via the developer's version (my version) of https://nicer.app/news-world-headlines , currently offline due to a prolonged hospital visit during which i've taken all harddisks from my home office with me to the hospital to prevent theft and cyberwarfare attacks against my company.
-- -- -

and eh, Taiwan is a long-standing ally of the USA, as are South-Korea and Japan.
and we of NATO do a much better job defending our true allies than you Chinese ever have.
If she'd go to Russia, we could trade her for Griner. She used to at least be useful for centerleft legislation and paygo, but ..... Jaypal runs the dems now. No excuse to inflict her sucky hubby on us now. The chinese could maybe put them BOTH in a Uighur prison

'Show support'​

© 2022 AFP

-- -- -

We've got to look at reality. I don't understand the need to shove it in China's face by visiting Taiwan and showing them "support". What support? You mean like we are "supporting" Ukraine? We're going to let China take over Taiwan, then put world sanctions on China, and then what? It's been somewhat easy to send arms to Ukraine but, other than giving Putin a bloody nose, what has it done? Putin is taking over Ukraine. He's not far from being finished. He can annex whatever the hell he wants and then leave anything he doesn't want in total ruin. We won't even be able to ship arms to Taiwan after China invades and China isn't going to let us do it, no matter what it takes. So, what support are we showing Taiwan? As usual the left are all about words. If China invades, the world will condemn their actions in the strongest possible terminology. Whoopety do.

Taiwan should join NATO
NATO is the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. Taiwan would join the SEATO, the Southeast Asia Treaty Organization, however SEATO apparently disbanded in 1977. I don't know if any comprehensive mutual defense treaties are in existence today. I am sure we have one with Japan and Australia, but I think we ended one with the Philippines during the Marcos period and GHW Bush canceled the Sino American treaty with ROC after Tienanmen Square.

Forum List

Back