China’s propaganda campaign against Japan

If you really bother to educate yourself, read Nobukatsu Fujioka's paper 'How World War II is Taught in Japanese Classrooms.' It's only about 9 pages long and includes plenty of graphics that even someone like you can understand.

Your attempts to insult me are pathetic. You are a well know joke on this board because of what you don't know. Back on ignore. Not worth engaging with.

No, you are definitely a DOPE. You were calling for apology when you didn't know that many had already been given. When this was rubbed in your face, you responded by deflecting and complaining about a textbook you've never seen, DOPE.

How would it help me to see them? They are written in Japanese, idiot.

And once again the problem is your ignorance, idiot.

Oh, I see, now you are suggesting you read Japanese. Right. We all believe that.

If you really bother to educate yourself, read Nobukatsu Fujioka's paper 'How World War II is Taught in Japanese Classrooms.' It's only about 9 pages long and includes plenty of graphics that even someone like you can understand.

Your attempts to insult me are pathetic. You are a well know [sic] joke on this board because of what you don't know. Back on ignore. Not worth engaging with.

I gave you a chance to educate yourself, but instead you chose to run and hide in the cozy comfort of your ignorance. Telling, very telling.

they do not acknowledge Japan's attrocities and give renditions of historic events that are untrue based on the nations they wronged.

You don't know this, of course.

Yes, I do know this because I have studied this issue. And, in fact, if you would bother to read the article, whose URL I posted, you would know that these textbooks do not acknowledge Japan's attrocities and also paint deceitful pictures of other events.

Done. :cuckoo:

Hiroshima Peace Memorial Ceremony | Japan National Tourism Organization

On August 6th, 1945, an American bomber dropped the world's first atomic bomb over Hiroshima City. The entire city was devastated by the heat and shock waves of the blast, producing numerous civilian casualties.

On this day, the Peace Memorial Ceremony (free entry) is held in front of the Hiroshima Peace City Memorial Monument erected in the Peace Memorial Park to appease the souls of those killed by the atomic bomb and to pray for eternal peace on Earth. During this ceremony, the Peace Declaration, appealing for the abolition of nuclear weapons and for the realization of eternal world peace, is delivered by the Mayor of Hiroshima City and is transmitted worldwide.

At 8:15 a.m., which is the exact time when the atomic bomb was dropped, the Peace Bell is rung and citizens, either at the ceremony, at home, or at work offer silent prayers for one minute for the repose of the souls of the atomic bomb victims and for peace.

The Japanese say they are sorry every year.............I was once stationed in Japan.......They are very sorry for the War and War in general..........

To the poster who said they should apologize, you couldn't be any more wrong......I've seen them apologizing on this day myself..............The Turks are a different matter........They deny that the Armenian massacre existed, and have openly stated that it was only War.........And refuse to admit what they did primarily in the desert of current day Syria.

Your attempts to insult me are pathetic. You are a well know [sic] joke on this board because of what you don't know. Back on ignore. Not worth engaging with.

I gave you a chance to educate yourself, but instead you chose to run and hide in the cozy comfort of your ignorance. Telling, very telling.
Some people are not worth engaging in discussion because they are such jackasses, and that is what you are; and by the by, most of the board feels the same way about you.

they do not acknowledge Japan's attrocities and give renditions of historic events that are untrue based on the nations they wronged.

You don't know this, of course.

Yes, I do know this because I have studied this issue. :

You don't know because you have never so much as glanced at a history book used in Japanese schools.

Read the article I informed you about, if you want to be a little less ignorant.

Some people are not worth engaging in discussion because they are such jackasses, and that is what you are; and by the by, most of the board feels the same way about you.

If you want to run away from embarrassing yourself, just STFU and run. Don't make a big production about it.

I cannot predict whether China’s anti-Japan propaganda campaign will work inside China, but it certainly does not resonate internationally. In most of Asia and the rest of the world, Japan has among the highest favorability rating of any nation in public polls.

I have spent some time in China, with a Chinese friend and her family as well as traveling on my own. I have had long term friendships with Chinese people who were living in the States, not as immigrants but for some years doing post-graduate studies or working professionally for Chinese companies. Of my friends, and the people I met in China, I never met anyone who had positive feelings about Japan, and this was because of their occupation of Chinese land and mistreatment of Chinese people. The anti-Japanese discussion by the Chinese government reflects what Chinese people already feel; it is not a matter of it being a propaganda campaign that will change minds in China. As well, countries in the region, i.e., North and South Korea also have very hard feelings toward Japan.

It is only my opinion of course but I think that it is only ignorant buffoons who call their colleagues on message boards ignorant buffoons. As the motto of an ancient English school has it "Manners makyth man".

Your tender little feelings are quite moving, really.

I am pleased that you are feeling ashamed. Maybe, against the evidence, there is some hope for you after all.

I cannot predict whether China’s anti-Japan propaganda campaign will work inside China, but it certainly does not resonate internationally. In most of Asia and the rest of the world, Japan has among the highest favorability rating of any nation in public polls.

I have spent some time in China, with a Chinese friend and her family as well as traveling on my own. I have had long term friendships with Chinese people who were living in the States, not as immigrants but for some years doing post-graduate studies or working professionally for Chinese companies. Of my friends, and the people I met in China, I never met anyone who had positive feelings about Japan, and this was because of their occupation of Chinese land and mistreatment of Chinese people. The anti-Japanese discussion by the Chinese government reflects what Chinese people already feel; it is not a matter of it being a propaganda campaign that will change minds in China. As well, countries in the region, i.e., North and South Korea also have very hard feelings toward Japan.

That is true as far as S Korea is concerned - I lived there for four years. China was respected, Japan hated. I don't recall any exceptions.

WWII has been over for nearly 69 years.

If there's tension between Japan and China now, WWII has nothing to do with it.

I don't hear anyone demanding that the German's, Italians or Austrians apologise over and over and over again.

No nation's people should forget their history, but there are plenty of educated Chinese who understand the need to move together into the future and who do not leap into a frenzy on cue the way the CCP wants them to.

As a tool of domestic distraction and control, anti-Japanese sentiment still works very well in China and Korea (and elsewhere).

It is only my opinion of course but I think that it is only ignorant buffoons who call their colleagues on message boards ignorant buffoons. As the motto of an ancient English school has it "Manners makyth man".

Your tender little feelings are quite moving, really.

I am pleased that you are feeling ashamed. Maybe, against the evidence, there is some hope for you after all.

I didn't say "ashamed." You suck at reading.

That is true as far as S Korea is concerned - I lived there for four years. China was respected, Japan hated. I don't recall any exceptions.

There are plenty of Koreans who think none-too-highly of China as well. Again, the younger more educated people are less likely to perform on cue.

World War II was a long time ago. Japan has apologized for it. I have more respect for Japan in this respect than the UK who has never apologized for its crimes against Indians. Japan's pacifist constitution attests to the sincerity of its apology. You have to realize that Japan cannot go back in time and undo what has already been done.

At the moment, it is China who is acting irresponsibly. It is China who is in conflict with pretty much all of it neighbors. It is China who invaded Tibet and engaged in well planned genocide against Tibetans. It is China who is ratcheting up the tension over Senkaku islands. It is China who is intimidating Philippines. It is China who is harassing Vietnam. The list of Chinese actions that can be attributed to its hegemonic ambitions is long.

Japan will bend over only so much; after that, Japan's stance will only harden and it will be China's fault.

WWII has been over for nearly 69 years.

If there's tension between Japan and China now, WWII has nothing to do with it.

I don't hear anyone demanding that the German's, Italians or Austrians apologise over and over and over again.

For the short attention span West 69 years is an eternity; for the long view East 69 years is but a brief moment in history.

Oft repeated anecdote: Chou En Lai asked by Kissinger (I think) what was the effect of th French Revolution. "Too soon to tell" was the reply.

Indofred,

The World War II has been over for long time now. Japan does not need to apologize to anyone. Japan's actions which have contributed towards peace and security of the region speak volume for itself. On the other hand, China's current actions and policies have destabilizing affect on the entire region.

Yes, Japan does need to appologize.

The genocide and massacres in Albania done by the Turkish took place in WWI, yet the entire world expects them to appologize.

Japan needs to apologize.

As very few Japanese people who committed atrocities from WWII are likely in power in Japan, none of them need to apologize for anything. Regardless, saying that China is the only destabilizing factor in Asia is false as well. Japan's becoming very aggressive over the Senkaku Islands dispute, which is very distressing considering the implications that could have for the U.S. which is treaty bound to defend Japan. Which is, of course, not to excuse China who has been openly hostile over the islands as well, while trying to mask their actions behind a diplomatic veneer.

How is it that this logic does not apply to Turkey?

Why is it that you assume that I don't apply this logic to Turkey?

Forum List

Back