China reports on US human rights record

Freeman

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2009
BEIJING - China Friday retorted US criticism by publishing its own report on the US human rights record.

"As in previous years, the (US) reports are full of accusations of the human rights situation in more than 190 countries and regions including China, but turn a blind eye to, or dodge and even cover up rampant human rights abuses on its own territory," said the Information Office of the State Council in its report on the US human rights record.

The Human Rights Record of the United States in 2009 was in retaliation to the Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2009 issued by the US Department of State on March 11.
The report is "prepared to help people around the world understand the real situation of human rights in the United States," said the report.

The report reviewed the human rights record of the United States in 2009 from six perspectives: life, property and personal security; civil and political rights; economic, social and cultural rights; racial discrimination; rights of women and children; and the US' violation of human rights against other countries.

It criticized the United States for taking human rights as "a political instrument to interfere in other countries' internal affairs, defame other nations' image and seek its own strategic interests.
China reports on US human rights record

I think it's a good initiative , no country should be spared from human right investigation.
I bet that the American Goulag "Gitmo" and the bad situation of indians, afroamericans and muslims, mormons in on top of this report. :doubt:

torture-controversy-faq-$7024170$300.jpg

its nice for another country to smack this country in the face and its true i am sure its much more bigger than what china has so its really no "surprise" really. though china does not really have a right to say anything hum...

between the plague and cholera, it's difficult to make a choice !! :doubt:

Great we can review this thread to discover the anti American morons amongst us.

Gunny you should sticky this so we can review at our leisure who is a dumb ass.

Forum List

Back