China rejects WHO plan for study of COVID-19 origin

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
China on Thursday rejected a World Health Organization (WHO) plan for a second phase investigation into the origin of the coronavirus, which it hypothesized to have escaped from a Chinese lab, a top health lab could be official said.

The WHO this month proposed a second phase of studies on the origins of the coronavirus in China, including audits of laboratories and markets in Wuhan city, and is calling for transparency from authorities.

China on Thursday rejected a World Health Organization (WHO) plan for a second phase investigation into the origin of the coronavirus, which it hypothesized to have escaped from a Chinese lab, a top health lab could be official said.

The WHO this month proposed a second phase of studies on the origins of the coronavirus in China, including audits of laboratories and markets in Wuhan city, and is calling for transparency from authorities.

So again, I and billions of others ask, "what will the consequences be for China unleashing this on the entire worlds population"?

When Trump called politicians of the last 30 years incompetent, idiots and every other name in the book, his sentiments were shared with millions for a reason.

China is laughing and continues to laugh. They know that Western citizens are just a Plaything for them, thanks to the least impressive global leadership in the history of humanity.

So again, I and billions of others ask, "what will the consequences be for China unleashing this on the entire worlds population"?

When Trump called politicians of the last 30 years incompetent, idiots and every other name in the book, his sentiments were shared with millions for a reason.

China is laughing and continues to laugh. They know that Western citizens are just a Plaything for them, thanks to the least impressive global leadership in the history of humanity.
He laughs as he types on a keyboard that was Made in China.

I haven't checked where it was made, but, if it was made in Communist China it's because of decades of the West allowing manufacturing to disappear.

When one doesn't have options, one is forced to reward enemy nations. Who is to blame for this lack of economic sobriety?

I’m pretty sure we can make keyboards somewhere else and not have to put up with global pandemics to get them.
Well, no, we actually cant.

At least many electronic devices, not necessarily keyboards. Something like the I-phone simply cannot be produced here because the red tape is so thick that the final product is outdated before production begins and the talent pool cannot simply be uprooted and placed wherever they want using a doctorial edict.

If we start to address that, we can certainly become capable of moving production here but I certainly do not see any will in Washington to do anything of the sort. They are hyper focused on making that transition harder not easier.

Hell, half this nation thinks we are evil at our core, there is no way that we can drum up the political will to force positive change in other nations when so many of us cannot even see why we should in the first place.

Well, no, we actually cant.

At least many electronic devices, not necessarily keyboards. Something like the I-phone simply cannot be produced here because the red tape is so thick that the final product is outdated before production begins and the talent pool cannot simply be uprooted and placed wherever they want using a doctorial edict.

If we start to address that, we can certainly become capable of moving production here but I certainly do not see any will in Washington to do anything of the sort. They are hyper focused on making that transition harder not easier.

Hell, half this nation thinks we are evil at our core, there is no way that we can drum up the political will to force positive change in other nations when so many of us cannot even see why we should in the first place.
Trump was doing it. Kinda funny how that works. I agree there’s no chance a democrat could ever get it done.

because china made your keyboard you are willing to not investigate the origins of this virus because it might upset china? and not hold them accountable if they are responsible?

wow

Trump was doing it. Kinda funny how that works. I agree there’s no chance a democrat could ever get it done.
I disagree, Trump was not doing it. He had the right idea - effect China's ability to trade on the world stage however you cannot do that alone and all he was doing was pushing more and more nations to go to China rather than to the US.

We should have stopped attacking our allies and leveraged our influence with them to cut china off from ALL of the developed nations. Let China trade with Russia and NK for awhile and see how much they want to join the rest of us in human rights after that. The USA, no matter how powerful our economy, cannot try and take on the entire world at once, one problem at a time and China is the only serious competitor we have out there.

One thing I think this makes clear, this is getting to be more and more likely that there was a lab leak. It is the only reason that China would actively try and stop any investigation on the origins. If they really thought it was from a bat, they would be encouraging it.

I disagree, Trump was not doing it. He had the right idea - effect China's ability to trade on the world stage however you cannot do that alone and all he was doing was pushing more and more nations to go to China rather than to the US.

We should have stopped attacking our allies and leveraged our influence with them to cut china off from ALL of the developed nations. Let China trade with Russia and NK for awhile and see how much they want to join the rest of us in human rights after that. The USA, no matter how powerful our economy, cannot try and take on the entire world at once, one problem at a time and China is the only serious competitor we have out there.
I don’t see having our allies pay their share of the defense costs against the countries were are talking about as attacking. If they won’t pony up for defense there’s no chance they will stay with us against China, Russia etc. Our own current idiot in chief just put them on the path of Russian oil pipeline dependence. Bidumb made it all worse. The four years of Trump being missed is going to be bad.

because china made your keyboard you are willing to not investigate the origins of this virus because it might upset china? and not hold them accountable if they are responsible?

wow
You support the Chinese by buying their products and then complain, oh please get real. I buy Hewlett Packard which is not made in China.

It’s most likely that commie Chinese already know the origin in nature, and Rand Paul is now crucifying Fau Chi. Not good timing for WHO to be prodding the commie Dragon to cough up the science.

I don’t see having our allies pay their share of the defense costs against the countries were are talking about as attacking. If they won’t pony up for defense there’s no chance they will stay with us against China, Russia etc. Our own current idiot in chief just put them on the path of Russian oil pipeline dependence. Bidumb made it all worse. The four years of Trump being missed is going to be bad.
That they do not spend on military is irrelevant. That Biden is making it worse is also irrelevant to how Trump got it wrong.

Our real power against China is economic and they would stand with us there. We just needed to leverage our economic power to get them to stand with us. Instead we leveraged it to gain superficial garbage - trade deals that were basically unchanged and slightly more spending in defense that is not going to actually change anything on the ground.

I haven't checked where it was made, but, if it was made in Communist China it's because of decades of the West allowing manufacturing to disappear.

When one doesn't have options, one is forced to reward enemy nations. Who is to blame for this lack of economic sobriety?
Walmart opened the door. I tried buying American made products from Ace Hardware stores, but the problem was the American made stuff was made cheaper but cost more than the crap made in China.

Forum List

Back