China: MI5 and FBI heads warn of ‘immense’ threat

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
The heads of UK and US security services have made an unprecedented joint appearance to warn of the threat from China.
FBI director Christopher Wray said China was the "biggest long-term threat to our economic and national security" and had interfered in politics, including recent elections.

MI5 head Ken McCallum said his service had more than doubled its work against Chinese activity in the last three years and would be doubling it again.

MI5 is now running seven times as many investigations related to activities of the Chinese Communist Party compared to 2018, he added.

The FBI's Wray warned that if China was to forcibly take Taiwan it would "represent one of the most horrific business disruptions the world has ever seen".

Gee, if only we had a recent POTUS that warned us of all that. :eusa_wall:

But hey, no more mean tweets has to trump national security.....Am I right?

The heads of UK and US security services have made an unprecedented joint appearance to warn of the threat from China.
FBI director Christopher Wray said China was the "biggest long-term threat to our economic and national security" and had interfered in politics, including recent elections.

MI5 head Ken McCallum said his service had more than doubled its work against Chinese activity in the last three years and would be doubling it again.

MI5 is now running seven times as many investigations related to activities of the Chinese Communist Party compared to 2018, he added.

The FBI's Wray warned that if China was to forcibly take Taiwan it would "represent one of the most horrific business disruptions the world has ever seen".

Gee, if only we had a recent POTUS that warned us of all that. :eusa_wall:

But hey, no more mean tweets has to trump national security.....Am I right?
Lol, how stupid are we to have our computers parts manufactured there. IT guys warned about spying through these parts from the rip. Long before Trumpy boy. Some things integral to national security must be manufactured on US soil. Thus is where profit above all philosophy screws you.

We will abandon Taiwan if defending it threatens a world war. At the end of the day it's a 'Chinese' problem.

Noticeably absent over the last two decades in public discussions of human rights and national security among allies has been Canada. I'm not referring to the G7 and G20 where the world is forced to listen, media show up for their free dinner and souvenirs or where dignitaries politiely show up for our speeches while completely a crossword. I am referring to impromptu, "this is how it is and how we view the world". A vital "State of the Union" in terms of where we stand on civil liberties.

The sad reality is that Canadas allies know that Canada operates an unaccountable, creepy police state and as I predicted (and contributed to the knowledge of multiple foreign organizations), Canada is viewed drastically different behind closed doors than some diplomatically attempt to paint us.

It doesn't matter the party of the leader, the world knows what is baked into our system when leaders do not lead The last leader an ANY level, municipal, provincial or federal to take on the police apparatus was PM Mulroney, probably at the urging of Reagan. We had hope for Trudeau to do so, but it's been largely word salads with no action.

Now as we see with AUKUS, Canada was purposely ommitted. We see the decreased visits of U.S politicians to Canada (Biden still hasn't visited us as President) and cross border friendship due to the realization by Americans I imagine, that Canada "doesn't share our values". There is also the major shift in the Five Eyes that Canada is scrambling to try and recover from, in which America is not sharing as much intel with Canada and also NZ from what I have read.

"US$ denominated assets account for about 60% of China's $3 trillion foreign exchange reserves, euro-denominated assets account for 20%, British pound (5%), Japanese yen (5%), Canadian $ (2%) and Australian$ (2%)"
Can you imagine how noble filibusters itch their hands?
They robbed the foreign exchange reserves of one nuclear power. Like it

Forum List

Back