U.S. intel concludes China reported fake numbers to conceal true size of coronavirus outbreak

If lying means no nations should trade with the lying nation, who will the US trade with?

Hmm...., It's just a coincidence that the Wuhan Covid-19 virus was released prior to the U.S. -- China Trade deal? Eh?
So if coincidences lead you to the perpetrator, then what about this?
China Diplomat : United States Military Have Brought The Novel Coronavirus To China – US Military Were In Wuhan For The
China Diplomat : United States Military Have Brought The Novel Coronavirus To China - US Military Were In Wuhan For The Military World Games in October 2019 - The Coverage

~~~~~~
Why would America infect the Chinese when we were in the process of signing a trade deal in our favor?
Why would the Chinese infect their own people shutting down their economy?

China Is Preparing to Start a War with America

2 Apr 2020 ~~ By William L. Gensert
~~Snip~~
I believe that China's actions today may be telegraphing an intent we are choosing to ignore. They show all the signs of a nation preparing to attack America. China seeks a bespoke world run by China with "Chinese characteristics" — a dream that under Trump was drifting away.
China appears to be laying the groundwork for a "justified" attack on the United States, perhaps in the South China Sea or perhaps elsewhere. It will be a military attack, not an act of terrorism, and the excuse will be America's deliberate transmission of COVID-19 in Wuhan.
When the Chinese became accusatory, it's telling that they didn't blame the CIA, always the usual suspect. No, they blamed it on American soldiers.
American military deliberately infecting China is an act of war worthy of a military response.
In October, the 2019 World Military Games were held in Wuhan. Chinese media triumphantly trumpeted the Americans winning just eight medals, while China won 239. It was then that we supposedly infected Wuhan citizens with the "American virus."
China is now defenestrating foreign media, sending home reporters from the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and Washington Post at just the opportune moment. No nation wants journalists around when it is planning a sneak attack.
And with its economy ravaged by Trump's trade war and the virus shutdown, and now back at full production, while America's economy is in total shutdown and in the grip of an active pandemic, there will never be a better time to attack.
Here in America, the Democrats along with corporate media eagerly buy China's lies surrounding the nascence of the worldwide pandemic, the propaganda blaming America, the stories of Chinese benevolence, and the efficiency of Chinese methods in getting control of the virus at home. They are actively supporting China's version of the truth. China has every reason to believe they will continue to do so.
When or if China attacks, the left (the Dems, Antifa, and BLM) will flood the streets with anti-war protesters designed to stop America from responding to China's attacks. After all, don't we deserve it? We elected Trump, didn't we?
China claims there are no new infections when there is ample evidence that that claim is a lie. But the Chinese know that by the time people understand, it will be too late. They will have struck, and any new cases will be used to bolster their casus belli. Those Chinese who perish in the interim of silence will have died for the fatherland.
Conservative media have been neither as naïve nor as malicious as their mainstream brethren, often writing that China's behavior, with the denials and accusations, is merely a clumsy and foolish attempt to convince the world.
I don't see it this way. I think China is doing this to convince its own citizens more than anyone else. The Chinese communists can survive the world's condemnations, especially if they defeat America, but they live and die by controlling their own population. When they attack an American naval ship in the South China Sea, they won't need to worry about the support of their own nation because they will have convinced the people that America started the war and a peaceful and beneficent China was reluctantly, and only as a last resort, defending itself.
~~Snip~~
What does China have to lose?
Time is not on China's side. Unless the Chinese destroy us on the field of battle soon, the clock will run out, and the dream of the coming "Chinese century" will be just that: a dream.
Everything they are doing points to them preparing to do so.
For China, there will never be a better time to start a war with America.

Comment:
I see a repeat of instances of occurrences after WWI and Japan vs the USA. Where Japan sought to become the Asiatic Power to answer too.

China is a toxic, rogue state - in the same way that the USSR once was.

• China make deals they have no intention of keeping.
  • China exploits any arrangement that their adversary is not willing to support with FORCE.
  • China was saved from poverty by their willingness to partner with foreign capitalists to exploit their mass, low-skill, low-wage population.
  • China wanted into the club of developed nations - and promised to play by the rules then in force - which they long since abandoned (dumping, competitive currency devaluation, etc.)
  • China represents an existential threat to the global law and rules-based system that generations of Americans have spent blood and treasure building and defending since 1917.
  • Ultimately, China believes power comes from the barrel of a gun and act accordingly as they demonstrated the protesters and the world at Tienanmen Square.
Whatever our faults may be - this administration has come to realize that status quo with China is not acceptable. That is why Donald Trump is president and not Jeb Bush or Hillary Clinton. The hard job of repatriating capital out of China and back to America is already underway. The way for China to "make the pain go away" is to accept reality, sign deals with Trump, and make the appropriate accommodation to legitimate American interests, while inflicting devastation by Bio-warfare.
Then there's the following consideration... Perhaps Napoleon was correct, "an army marches on it's stomach. To be effective, an army relies on good and plentiful food". A military complex like China's must feed it's people. China and it's military. At this time and for the immediate future China must import food and the population forced to eat exotic animals, meanwhile their health and sanitation systems are not adequate. America has surpluses of food.
At the same time, if China was developing Covid-19 as a bio-weapon and it got away from them, This pandemic may have been an Achilles heel for them. For all appearances the country is now on lock down and their loses may by far greater than they have reported and in the end greater in magnitude than any country it has spread to.
Why do Americans need to make enemies?

I did personally notice a questionable sudden decrease in China COVID19 fatalities while watching the daily charts. My first thought was wow they really got a handle on this.

Question is what reason would China have to hide the real numbers? Are they embarrassed that social distancing is so non-existent in their communist state that a disease can ripple through their populations so fast its not funny?

Or perhaps they really did contain it.

What reason they got to tweak the numbers?

There might be all kinds of reasons, ranging from "losing face" to limiting the economic damage and not exceeding the population's tolerance to suffer the draconian lock-downs, maybe even to get the international travel restrictions lifted. Even autocracies are dependent on the consent of the governed for things to go reasonably smoothly.

There's all kinds of things happening in an initially chaotic situation, when the country and its institutions become aware of an entirely new health threat. Physicians might have written "pneumonia" on a death certificate because they plainly didn't have a test kit to confirm the pathogen. An underling might have been pressured to report lower numbers of infected / deaths so as to have his boss look good in the eyes of the central authorities. Has any of that happened? I wouldn't bet against it. Has the central authority fiddled with the numbers? I have no idea, but evidence for that I haven' seen.

BTW, have we any confidence that the U.S. numbers are accurate? "Pneumonia" cases not just slipping by? Isn't the slow, long delayed start of testing the biggest distortion of the numbers there can be?

There is, however, one person clearly benefiting from the howling chorus of accusers, and the blame spread to de Blasio, Cuomo, Inslee, Pelosi, the CDC, the NIH, the Europeans, and, foremost, the Chinese. Why is it, one has to ask, that the summary judgment of that "intelligence report", which we can't peruse, was immediately "leaked" - and by whom? "U.S. officials" did it, they say, and you can probably bet the house on the White House being behind it, because the Dear Leader, as he so valiantly expressed, has no intention of taking any responsibility, at all. So, it has to be the Chinese shouldering the responsibility.

I suppose you could be right, worse news means policy changes and can shift a power around and cause trade issues and so on and so forth but I think the entire world is hurting now because of the impact caused by the coronavirus scare. Who knows, maybe it will reach pandemic size in some countries but I'm confident the U.S.A. will put a lid on it.

Probably millions infected there!

There is not a law concerning lying, except to the FBI, or tramp would of been locked up long ago.

How do we know our numbers are not a lie?? Do you?

Because we are not a lying Totalitarian Regime. I believe Italy and the UK too. You're a liar who lives in a fantasy world. Don't opine on my posts. I speak to adults not moronic children.

Trump is a liar. He lied about our supply chain. Say it isn't true? Prove it; The Rachel Maddow Show on msnbc – Latest News & Video

View attachment 318427

Then prove it. Don't post stupid memes that make you look like a royal dumb ass.

As soon as you admit you’re not an American. Then we can have a civil conversation

Lol! You're a loser and a liar who can't answer.

There is not a law concerning lying, except to the FBI, or tramp would of been locked up long ago.

Because we are not a lying Totalitarian Regime. I believe Italy and the UK too. You're a liar who lives in a fantasy world. Don't opine on my posts. I speak to adults not moronic children.

Trump is a liar. He lied about our supply chain. Say it isn't true? Prove it; The Rachel Maddow Show on msnbc – Latest News & Video

View attachment 318427

Then prove it. Don't post stupid memes that make you look like a royal dumb ass.

As soon as you admit you’re not an American. Then we can have a civil conversation

Lol! You're a loser and a liar who can't answer.

How can we have an honest debate when you aren’t being honest?

Why are you so worried?
It's high time we took back our
Manufacturing base. Long overdue.

Jo

Got to get tramp and his rich buddies to do it, remember our corps are international, and they are the one that searched for the cheapest labor.

It's time to kill all deals and agreements with Red China. They'll never follow the agreement anyway so it makes no sense wasting time with these communist POSs. Eff Red China.

we know that at least 25 million cell phones went dark in China

we also know that they procured TWO Billion masks

we know that orders for urns are outpacing their death tallies

so yes, at least millions, probably more like tens of millions

time for Made in the USA to become important again

we also need to protect our oil, gas & energy sector

It's time to kill all deals and agreements with Red China. They'll never follow the agreement anyway so it makes no sense wasting time with these communist POSs. Eff Red China.
But only Trump can walk in there and make China get their act together....he said it and it has to be true...

Why don't you believe in the God given power and wisdom of the president?

Why are you so worried?
It's high time we took back our
Manufacturing base. Long overdue.

Jo

Got to get tramp and his rich buddies to do it, remember our corps are international, and they are the one that searched for the cheapest labor.

Cheap labor is one thing, dishonest labor is another. So under Bush and Obama, Companies didn't use cheap labor? Please explain.

Forum List

Back