China launches its first domestically-made aircraft carrier

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
"Congratulations, China!"

---

BEIJING — China has launched its first aircraft carrier built entirely on its own, in a demonstration of the growing technical sophistication of its defense industries and determination to safeguard its maritime territorial claims and crucial trade routes.

The 50,000-ton carrier was towed from its dockyard just after 9 a.m. Wednesday following a ceremony in the northern port city of Dalian, where its predecessor, the Soviet-built Liaoning, underwent extensive refurbishing before being commissioned in 2012, the Ministry of National Defense said.

Development of the new carrier began in 2013 and construction in late 2015. It's expected to be formally commissioned sometime before 2020, after sea trials and the arrival of its full air complement.

---

BEIJING — China has launched its first aircraft carrier built entirely on its own, in a demonstration of the growing technical sophistication of its defense industries and determination to safeguard its maritime territorial claims and crucial trade routes.

The 50,000-ton carrier was towed from its dockyard just after 9 a.m. Wednesday following a ceremony in the northern port city of Dalian, where its predecessor, the Soviet-built Liaoning, underwent extensive refurbishing before being commissioned in 2012, the Ministry of National Defense said.

Development of the new carrier began in 2013 and construction in late 2015. It's expected to be formally commissioned sometime before 2020, after sea trials and the arrival of its full air complement.

If it's built like any of the stuff I pick up from Walmart and other store outlets, it won't even last through its warranty period.

---

If it's built like any of the stuff I pick up from Walmart and other store outlets, it won't even last through its warranty period.
And if it's not, then what substantive comment have you to share?

...the stuff I pick up from Walmart and other store outlets...won't even last through its warranty period.

Knowing that will happen, do you continue to "pick up" similar stuff at "Walmart and other store outlets?"

If so, I submit that the goods' longevity/durability doesn't bother you enough to cause you to shop elsewhere, and that behavior, assuming you are a rational consumer, implies that the stuff you "pick up" delivers sufficient value for the price you must pay to "pick it up."

Of course, there is also the possibility that by "pick up" you mean "shoplift," and if that is what you're doing, well, I understand why you'd be indifferent about durability, longevity, etc. and thus continue to "pick up" the stuff you do wherever it is you do so, for in such instances and as the price one risks paying may not be anticipated to be money, the "quality" of an item is inconsequential to the factors that otherwise define one's price elasticity of demand.

(Though I'm not asserting that you are a thief, economics' principles and laws can explain even a thief's behavior. I happen to think that pretty nifty for it's not often that sciences can explain patterns of abnormal/aberrant behaviors and events.)

---

...the stuff I pick up from Walmart and other store outlets...won't even last through its warranty period.

Knowing that will happen, do you continue to "pick up" similar stuff at "Walmart and other store outlets?"

If so, I submit that the goods' longevity/durability doesn't bother you enough to cause you to shop elsewhere, and that behavior, assuming you are a rational consumer, implies that the stuff you "pick up" delivers sufficient value for the price you must pay to "pick it up."

Of course, there is also the possibility that by "pick up" you mean "shoplift," and if that is what you're doing, well, I understand why you'd be indifferent about durability, longevity, etc. and thus continue to "pick up" the stuff you do wherever it is you do so, for in such instances and as the price one risks paying may not be anticipated to be money, the "quality" of an item is inconsequential to the factors that otherwise define one's price elasticity of demand.

(Though I'm not asserting that you are a thief, economics' principles and laws can explain even a thief's behavior. I happen to think that pretty nifty for it's not often that sciences can explain patterns of abnormal/aberrant behaviors and events.)[/QUOTE

Err, no, I don't engaging in shoplifting.

I will buy indeed if I can get value from these items than I accept the costs to quality issue. The difference is of course, these items aren't carriers built to defend me and my country.

---

(Though I'm not asserting that you are a thief, economics' principles and laws can explain even a thief's behavior. I happen to think that pretty nifty for it's not often that sciences can explain patterns of abnormal/aberrant behaviors and events.)[/QUOTE

Err, no, I don't engaging in shoplifting.

I will buy indeed if I can get value from these items than I accept the costs to quality issue. The difference is of course, these items aren't carriers built to defend me and my country.

Did you have something you meant to say? I see an alert telling me you quoted something I posted, but I see nothing in that post? Did your PC "burp?" If so, you may want to repost it...or not...your call.

Forum List

Back