China lands rover on the moon

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
- while U.S. space program is reduced to begging the Russians for rides

Guest post by Investor's Business Daily

Unexceptional: China becomes the third country to land a spacecraft on the moon in preparation for a manned visit. Meanwhile, U.S. astronauts have to ride Russian spacecraft to fix toilets on the International Space Station.

Tourists visiting the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, where one of America's retired space shuttles now resides, were no doubt able to see news reports of the landing of China's first lunar vehicle, a solar-powered rover, on the surface of the moon.

This goes along with my APOD post today and shows how much we've shut down our space program and NASA. It also means that China is gaining the technology to become a threat to the US. Read more @ Doug Ross @ Journal: China lands rover on the moon while U.S. space program is reduced to begging the Russians for rides with link.

...And corners helium-3 market.

Though they weren't very good given unmanned launch vehicles can do the same thing for a helluva lot cheaper, President Obama's scrapping of the US manned space flight program was a huge mistake. Without space, having a great Air Force doesn't amount to much. If you don't control the high ground, you don't control squat.

Unexceptional: China becomes the third country to land a spacecraft on the moon in preparation for a manned visit. Meanwhile, U.S. astronauts have to ride Russian spacecraft to fix toilets on the International Space Station.

Tourists visiting the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, where one of America's retired space shuttles now resides, were no doubt able to see news reports of the landing of China's first lunar vehicle, a solar-powered rover, on the surface of the moon.

This goes along with my APOD post today and shows how much we've shut down our space program and NASA. It also means that China is gaining the technology to become a threat to the US. Read more @ Doug Ross @ Journal: China lands rover on the moon while U.S. space program is reduced to begging the Russians for rides with link.

Hate to break it to you but the US put a man on the moon in 1969....China has some catching up to do

In case you haven't noticed, we currently have rovers on Mars

Last edited:
For all those people that think Oblama killed NASA you should hop on over to their website and see what it is they are doing.
new space telescope, deep space exploration vehicles, humans abilities to live in space during long periods of time.

Or you could just post ignorance on this thread so we can laugh at you.

Last edited:
Personally, I think manned space exploration is impractical

I prefer R2D2 to Buck Rogers

Somewhere on that rover is a "Made In China" stamp. Or two...

Excellent point...

We can leave a plaque behind that says this mission was funded and made possible
by the money we borrowed from the generous people of the glorious republic of China. :lol:

Hate to break it to you but the US put a man on the moon in 1969....China has some catching up to do

In case you haven't noticed, we currently have rovers on Mars

That does add some needed perspective. It's important to remember also Hubble, Voyager(s) plural and a hugely successful (albeit 2 tragic failures) history of the Shuttle fleet.

Mr. Spock would say you are being illogical....we should already have a base on the moon with a launch pad aimed at Mars....just sayin....

There is no logic in providing food, oxygen, water, physical space and medical support to a human for months or years in space. Safety concerns multiply the cost of a flight. Nobody cares if R2D2 gets destroyed

Last edited:

Mr. Spock would say you are being illogical....we should already have a base on the moon with a launch pad aimed at Mars....just sayin....

There is no logic in providing food, oxygen, water, physical space and medical support to a human for months or years in space. Safety concerns multiply the cost of a flight. Nobody cares if R2D3 gets destroyed

it is in our makeup to explore RW.....right now we should have a vehicle that can take off on its own and make it to the Moon.....the Space Station should be much more advanced....and we should have a working base on the Moon.....with plans to go to Mars....and just think of all the Technological advances that would have been made in Aeronautics,Engineering,Medicine and Physics.....

There is no logic in providing food, oxygen, water, physical space and medical support to a human for months or years in space. Safety concerns multiply the cost of a flight. Nobody cares if R2D3 gets destroyed

it is in our makeup to explore RW.....right now we should have a vehicle that can take off on its own and make it to the Moon.....the Space Station should be much more advanced....and we should have a working base on the Moon.....with plans to go to Mars....and just think of all the Technological advances that would have been made in Aeronautics,Engineering,Medicine and Physics.....

I'm pretty sure you don't believe the world is round. Can't you just ask God to take you to Mars?

I'm pretty sure you don't believe the world is round. Can't you just ask God to take you to Mars?

so if i was one of your Far Left friends you would have added to what i said.....but since i am someone you dont like you dont agree with me ....like i have said Dean YOU DONT FOOL ANYONE.....look up the word Hypocrite...you will find your face plastered there....along with the pile of shit you stepped in....

it is in our makeup to explore RW..........

You're right - literally. They have identified a gene associated with the urge to travel and explore. An evolutionary trait that has led us to populate so much of this planet, and perhaps enabled us to survive in the long term.

That is another problem with manned exploration. Not only do we need to get them out there, we have to safely get them back. Anything beyond the moon requires months or years to get there and back. When you send R2D2, when the mission is over, you just leave him out there.

We can put a hundred rovers on Mars in missions that will last for years for what it costs to put one manned mission there for a few weeks.

Forum List

Back