China getting more ready than ever to invade Taiwan - Biden REALLY F*** SUCKS.

I would be STUNNED if China doesnt go after Taiwan over the next 3-4 months.

They cant wait for the election.

Asia Needs Less Bullshit and More Bushido

BATTLE OF PORT ARTHUR (LUSHUNKOU) Manchuria, 1894

Chinese Troops: 13,000
Japanese: 15,000
Chinese Fatalities: 4,000
Japanese Fatalities: 40
This why China is probably intent on destroying Japan's economy as you've seen in my other posts.

Does Taiwan have the air and coastal defenses to repel and invasion?
Depends - Taiwan isn't even sure their soldiers would fight against China. Arguably, China will do radiation-homing missile attacks against Taiwan in any opener. Something Russia didn't do in Ukraine for bewildering reasons.

So it's unlikely that Taiwan's static defenses will be of much use.

I also don't think China has any interest in preserving Taiwan in any way. They'd just as soon turn it into a blackened charcoal than "invade". They want it GONE, they don't care what's there as long as US military/allies aren't occupying it like a fortress in a harbor.

It's not fear of Biden. They have conflicting internal pressures. Xi thinks (I'm guessing) that he can sweet talk them into it - or, rather, apply the looming threat of a military engagement to force a negotiated reunion.

I think the fact that they see what's going on with Russia and Ukraine and nobody else doing anything about it is playing a role too.

Depends - Taiwan isn't even sure their soldiers would fight against China. Arguably, China will do radiation-homing missile attacks against Taiwan in any opener. Something Russia didn't do in Ukraine for bewildering reasons.

I also don't think China has any interest in preserving Taiwan in any way. They'd just as soon turn it into a blackened charcoal than "invade". They want it GONE, they don't care what's there as long as US military/allies aren't occupying it like a fortress in a harbor.
For years I could smack Chaing (KMT) upside his head for being stupid enough to lose China to that mass murdering communist sociopath Mao. CCP has been nothing but trouble for the world since.

Nope...
They have been very open and blatant about what they want. The semiconductor industry.

The machines that can make semiconductor wafers are not something that they can copy and reproduce cheaply. Operating them is another technological nightmare for them. They don't have the highly skilled workforce to operate them.

These machines are only produced in the USA. PRC has the lock on the purified silicon (used in wafer manufacturing and other transistors and diodes) and has controlled that market ever since.

Currently we have an embargo against selling these pieces of equipment to PRC and they have tried several times in several ways to purchsse this equipment. They have been stopped every time.

The threat against Taiwan is real. They want either the embargo lifted and Taiwan enslaved or just Taiwan enslaved.

They have already seized the Hong Kong banks and everyone's assets there to prop up the bonds on worthless property. Every profitable industry is becoming nationalized and being removed from the exchanges. It makes stocks in Chinese based corporations very risky. One day you hold stock and the next day the stock is worthless by PRC decree.

Personally I think China is watching to see how Russia and Ukraine plays out for them and how the world responds once it's over.

They are patient.

If Trump were president right now he would have already handed over Ukraine so China would not even hesitate to invade Taiwan. Case in point, why you don't choose a leader who has a love for dictators, because he himself aspires to be one himself.

What's a radiation home missile attack? LOL. Are you talking about a nuclear weapons? There isn't a single piece of land on this planet worth mutually assured destruction. Only people who are mentally unstable and unhinged would think this would be the first or last option in any war to take land, of all things. You are a clear example of someone who thinks this way.

China has declared its readiness to return Taiwan by any means, including military
To return Taiwan to its native harbor, China is ready to take any steps, including military ones. This was stated by Chinese Ambassador to France Lu Shai in an interview with Livre Noir.
According to him, Beijing claims the rights to the island quite legitimately, because it has been part of China since ancient times. The diplomat also expressed confidence that the Chinese authorities will never be able to accept Taiwan's independence.
"We will take Taiwan by all means, including military ones. If we can't reunite the country peacefully, what else can we do?" Shai emphasized.
Earlier, Life reported that China protested to the United States over the flight of the P-8A Poseidon military aircraft near Taiwan. Beijing is convinced that the actions of the American side are deliberate interference and destabilize the situation in the region, as well as harm peace and stability in the Taiwan Strait.

The US Ambassador to China hopes
"I hope that representatives of the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs will stop accusing NATO of unleashing the conflict. This is Russian propaganda," the American diplomat said. He also hoped that Beijing would stop spreading "false claims" about American biological weapons laboratories, which, according to him, actually do not exist in Ukraine. The Chinese have already hinted to them once that proposals like "help me kill Russia so that it would be easier for me to kill you" do not cause anything but laughter.
The Yankees will not understand in any way that China politely communicates with them only because they can sell something and buy something in return. And conclusions have already been made after the Huawei story.

Nope...
They have been very open and blatant about what they want. The semiconductor industry.

The machines that can make semiconductor wafers are not something that they can copy and reproduce cheaply. Operating them is another technological nightmare for them. They don't have the highly skilled workforce to operate them.

These machines are only produced in the USA. PRC has the lock on the purified silicon (used in wafer manufacturing and other transistors and diodes) and has controlled that market ever since.

Currently we have an embargo against selling these pieces of equipment to PRC and they have tried several times in several ways to purchsse this equipment. They have been stopped every time.

The threat against Taiwan is real. They want either the embargo lifted and Taiwan enslaved or just Taiwan enslaved.

They have already seized the Hong Kong banks and everyone's assets there to prop up the bonds on worthless property. Every profitable industry is becoming nationalized and being removed from the exchanges. It makes stocks in Chinese based corporations very risky. One day you hold stock and the next day the stock is worthless by PRC decree.
Except China is developing its own chip industry. Assuming quality is the primary driver is short sighted. Destroying Taiwanese chip production would leave very few alternatives, resetting the industry at a lower standard. That works for China. As you say, markets would crash, hindering Western development and pushing the market for cheap Chinese chips. This is also about replacing the dollar as a reserve currency. All of which is accomplished through the destruction of Taiwan.

That's not to say China wouldn't accept unconditional surrender or invasion and occupation if it looked feasible at an acceptable loss of men and equipment. Remember, they are commies, capitalism is not their end game, destroying it is.

Except China is developing its own chip industry. Assuming quality is the primary driver is short sighted. Destroying Taiwanese chip production would leave very few alternatives, resetting the industry at a lower standard. That works for China. As you say, markets would crash, hindering Western development and pushing the market for cheap Chinese chips. This is also about replacing the dollar as a reserve currency. All of which is accomplished through the destruction of Taiwan.

That's not to say China wouldn't accept unconditional surrender or invasion and occupation if it looked feasible at an acceptable loss of men and equipment. Remember, they are commies, capitalism is not their end game, destroying it is.
Destruction is easy....
Anybody can knock over a sand castle...but not everyone can actually build a decent looking one.

I'm trying to remember who else builds chips or wafers....I'm thinking Norway?

Drawing a blank at the moment on it.

The silicone comes pure and cheap from PRC and Taiwan makes the chips. But it's taken decades to build up the technical manpower to operate the equipment. PRC doesn't have the skilled manpower or understanding of the equipment. They can try but it just won't work out. The new UV laser chips aren't as good as the ones TSMC is making.

But the latest tech for the fastest chips is "smart memory " which Micron holds the patents on. And it isn't exactly giving out how its made either.

A fast processor is slowed down by how fast it can access data in memory. Intel had one method (which it stole and is being investigated for and is integrated) and then there's the system that Micron developed which is compatible with AMD (and everyone else's) chips and is a lot more component based system instead of integrated.

Micron is an American company started in Boise Idaho....but they also have manufacturing in Taiwan as well.

Like I said...PRC will start a shit storm if they go after Taiwan. There's nobody who will not be upset.

Destruction is easy....
Anybody can knock over a sand castle...but not everyone can actually build a decent looking one.

I'm trying to remember who else builds chips or wafers....I'm thinking Norway?

Drawing a blank at the moment on it.

The silicone comes pure and cheap from PRC and Taiwan makes the chips. But it's taken decades to build up the technical manpower to operate the equipment. PRC doesn't have the skilled manpower or understanding of the equipment. They can try but it just won't work out. The new UV laser chips aren't as good as the ones TSMC is making.

But the latest tech for the fastest chips is "smart memory " which Micron holds the patents on. And it isn't exactly giving out how its made either.

A fast processor is slowed down by how fast it can access data in memory. Intel had one method (which it stole and is being investigated for and is integrated) and then there's the system that Micron developed which is compatible with AMD (and everyone else's) chips and is a lot more component based system instead of integrated.

Micron is an American company started in Boise Idaho....but they also have manufacturing in Taiwan as well.

Like I said...PRC will start a shit storm if they go after Taiwan. There's nobody who will not be upset.
I was reading somewhere on the improvements in China's domestic capability, the gap is closing. In the end it's a brute force numbers game. China has so many students the time can be reduced significantly.

The West got complacent. Not to mention Russia now controls 90% of the neon needed in chip production. While China has been racking up rare Earth metals and expanding their reach throughout the third world. Meanwhile the West took the hands off approach by managing and financing without getting their hands dirty with actual mineral extraction. Mostly to appease the Green crowd.

South Korea is investing heavily in domestic chip production. Through Samsung I believe, although their economy is taking a hit right now.

You are correct though, any move on Taiwan will have global ramifications.

Forum List

Back