Chile celebrates the election of Left winger Gabriel Boric

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

“I know that the future of our country will be at stake next year. That is why I want to promise you that I will be a president who will take care of democracy and not jeopardise it, a president who listens more than he speaks, who seeks unity, who looks after people’s daily needs, and who fights hard against the privileges of the few and who works every day for Chilean families.”

Thats a pretty cool agenda and I wish Senor Boric well. However all this revolutionary talk of democracy and the "peoples daily needs" is likely to prove anathema to the United States. I wonder how long it will be before he is assassinated and a fascist dictator is installed. One whose outlook is more in tune with American thinking.

The right to self-determination does not stretch as far as Chile.

So if he's "left-winger" and he promises to "take care of our Democracy", that explains why every left-winger on here is always saying "our democracy."

Got it.

“I know that the future of our country will be at stake next year. That is why I want to promise you that I will be a president who will take care of democracy and not jeopardise it, a president who listens more than he speaks, who seeks unity, who looks after people’s daily needs, and who fights hard against the privileges of the few and who works every day for Chilean families.”

Thats a pretty cool agenda and I wish Senor Boric well. However all this revolutionary talk of democracy and the "peoples daily needs" is likely to prove anathema to the United States. I wonder how long it will be before he is assassinated and a fascist dictator is installed. One whose outlook is more in tune with American thinking.

The right to self-determination does not stretch as far as Chile.
A pretty cool agenda...he said fuck all there.

That was political ass air expelled from the lips of a politician.

He literally said nothing.

You just saw "left" and your schmekel started to stiffin.

You fucking people will never learn.

Chile didn't learn it's lesson when they elected Communist Salvador Allende in the 70s.

Too bad. More shit coming to what was once a very nice country, and the most political stable country in South America.

Idiots who can't remember history, well, they have to repeat it. :dunno:

Through innuendo and the use of social media, the Kast camp spewed out crass anti-communist propaganda, charged Boric with assisting terrorism, and suggested that he would install a totalitarian regime in Chile. The campaign sought to instill fear primarily in the petty bourgeoisie by repeatedly predicting that drug addiction, crime, and narco-trafficking would spin out of control if Boric became president, and even implying that Boric himself takes drugs.

I wonder if it's all true, my friends!

The mainstream media also assailed Boric with insidious questions about Venezuela, Nicaragua, and Cuba, to which he did not produce the most impressive answers.

Chile didn't learn it's lesson when they elected Communist Salvador Allende in the 70s.

Too bad. More shit coming to what was once a very nice country, and the most political stable country in South America.

Idiots who can't remember history, well, they have to repeat it. :dunno:

The Chilean Republic is heading for hard times economically- they can look at Venezuela and Cuba to see where they are heading.

And considering the way they disrespected their previous savior, Generalissimo Pinochet, they can forget about having their chestnuts pulled out of the fire this time.

"It's a moment of huge opportunity and promise for Latin America," says Chilean writer Pablo Abufom

FHjXfuoXoAcF089

Forum List

Back