• I am a Liberal and say no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Syriusly

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2014
Are you for it or against it?

And I mean in general terms- if you just have some concerns but would vaccinate your kids- you would vote yes.
If you have concerns and would not vaccinate your kids, you would vote no.

With the new measles outbreak, this is a good time to get a pulse on how people feel about vaccination.

Me too but I know some physicians that wont vaccinate their children. My wife is an RN and she will not allow my children to have flu shots.

I haven't had a flu shot in years. I haven't had the flu either. Maybe I'm just lucky. Then again, I don't provide face to face care that a clinician does. Your wife isn't the only RN to refuse a flu shot. Let's hope her patients don't.

Me too but I know some physicians that wont vaccinate their children. My wife is an RN and she will not allow my children to have flu shots.

I have made it a point to ask doctors and nurses if they get flu/pneumonia vac's and a huge percentage do not.

This latest flu vaccine is considered to be less than 24% effective. The flu vaccine is manufactured a full 5 months before the first case of flu. Its never very effective but there's big bucks to be made from it and people want to believe they're protected.

I've never had either and never will. I don't get sick, have had the flu since the mid-70s.

:dunno:

I'm a liberal and I say it should depend on if you believe the immunizations are safe. Plenty of people think they are unsafe.

I believe they are not safe - there is a lot of stories about vaccinations causing autism. It is a parents choice - to vaccinate or not - the government should have no say in it whatsoever.

I haven't had a flu shot in years. I haven't had the flu either. Maybe I'm just lucky. Then again, I don't provide face to face care that a clinician does. Your wife isn't the only RN to refuse a flu shot. Let's hope her patients don't.
I had the flu as a teenager and I got over it and still lived. I havent had it since almost 3 decades later.

Really- 6 people have posted replies but only 2 have voted?

Let me make it even simpler for people

If you believe that children should receive the usual full list of childhood vaccinations- which includes measles, and polio and whooping cough and the other usual things- but not necesarily the flu- you vote yes.

If you believe that children should not receive all or most of the full list of childhood vaccinations- then vote no.

And not about what other people say- answer as if this applied to your own children- real or imagined.

This is shaping up to be one of those crazy issues.

While I think it is safe to say that nearly 100% of USMB members are vaccinated and have had their kids vaccinated.......we are seeing a bunch of nutters coming out against the practice....or suggesting that it is a parents choice.

I wonder why that is?

Of course. Vaccines safe and effective. It is silly to deny yourself such a simple safeguard.

That does not mean that it should not be your choice or the parents choice.

As per your poll - you might have gotten better results if you did not make the options based on 'conservative' or 'liberal.' Not everyone here is going to identify with your options.

I know, you do not believe in freedom.

Too bad for you. YOU do not get to make decisions for me or my family no matter how dumb you might think they are and that is simply not going to change.

Too bad for you. YOU do not get to make decisions for me or my family no matter how dumb you might think they are and that is simply not going to change.

Your argument is flawed. I'm not making that decision. WE are. It's the way societies work. I'll bet if you try...you can defeat your own argument very easily.

Your argument is flawed. I'm not making that decision. WE are. It's the way societies work. I'll bet if you try...you can defeat your own argument very easily.
The amorphous 'we' don't get to make that call either. Our society is based on the idea that the majority do not get to dictate the rights of the minority no matter how much they want to.

The amorphous 'we' don't get to make that call either. Our society is based on the idea that the majority do not get to dictate the rights of the minority no matter how much they want to.

You are living in some kind of FREEDOM fantasy land. A libertarian utopia!

I'm going to send my kid to school tomorrow with his backpack filled with dogshit. I can.....if your logic is to be followed....expect that he'll not be sent home. It's our choice, after all.

Silly, huh?

Vaccinate your damn kids. It could save their life.

If you chose not to vaccinate your kids, you shouldn't be allowed to enroll them in school or creche until you do.
I agree, at least for the major ones like polio.

That got a lot of people my age, back in the day.

That reminds me, I never had mumps and hear there is a vaccine.

I need to ask my doc about that.

Forum List

Back