Chief Justice John Roberts/Wife Ethical Problems

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
00scotus-1-fbkl-articleLarge.jpg

Chief Justice John Roberts, right, with his wife, Jane Sullivan Roberts.

After Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. joined the Supreme Court, his wife, Jane Sullivan Roberts, gave up her career as a law firm partner to become a high-end legal recruiter in an effort to alleviate potential conflicts of interest. Mrs. Roberts later recalled in an interview that her husband’s job made it “awkward to be practicing law in the firm.”

Now, a former colleague of Mrs. Roberts has raised concerns that her recruiting work poses potential ethics issues for the chief justice. Seeking an inquiry, the ex-colleague has provided records to the Justice Department and Congress indicating Mrs. Roberts has been paid millions of dollars in commissions for placing lawyers at firms — some of which have business before the Supreme Court, according to a letter obtained by The New York Times.

In his letter last month, Kendal Price, a 66-year-old Boston lawyer, argued that the justices should be required to disclose more information about their spouses’ work. He did not cite specific Supreme Court decisions, but said he was worried that a financial relationship with law firms arguing before the court could affect justices’ impartiality or at least give the appearance of doing so.

“I do believe that litigants in U.S. courts, and especially the Supreme Court, deserve to know if their judges’ households are receiving six-figure payments from the law firms,” Mr. Price wrote.

More at the link below...

Sad. I'm very disappointed in Chief Justice Roberts and his wife! They should know better! What do you think?

Last edited:

After Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. joined the Supreme Court, his wife, Jane Sullivan Roberts, gave up her career as a law firm partner to become a high-end legal recruiter in an effort to alleviate potential conflicts of interest. Mrs. Roberts later recalled in an interview that her husband’s job made it “awkward to be practicing law in the firm.”

Now, a former colleague of Mrs. Roberts has raised concerns that her recruiting work poses potential ethics issues for the chief justice. Seeking an inquiry, the ex-colleague has provided records to the Justice Department and Congress indicating Mrs. Roberts has been paid millions of dollars in commissions for placing lawyers at firms — some of which have business before the Supreme Court, according to a letter obtained by The New York Times.

In his letter last month, Kendal Price, a 66-year-old Boston lawyer, argued that the justices should be required to disclose more information about their spouses’ work. He did not cite specific Supreme Court decisions, but said he was worried that a financial relationship with law firms arguing before the court could affect justices’ impartiality or at least give the appearance of doing so.

“I do believe that litigants in U.S. courts, and especially the Supreme Court, deserve to know if their judges’ households are receiving six-figure payments from the law firms,” Mr. Price wrote.

Sad. I'm very disappointed in Chief Justice Roberts and his wife! They should know better! What do you think?

Why do you hate the idea of women in the workplace?

Keep 'em barefoot and pregnant, eh?

1950s-tired-housewife-in-apron-standing-vintage-images.jpg

NY Slimes. :abgg2q.jpg:

Ethics and the Supreme Court
It does not apply to Supreme Court Justices, nor has the Supreme Court formally promulgated its own ethical code. As a result, there is presently no single body of ethical canons with which the nation's highest court must comply when discharging its judicial duties.

In others words - they can do whatever they want. To my knowledge - all courts below them have ethics rules.

Youre worried about this woman no one has ever heard before, but when it comes to Hunter making MILLIONS from enemy foreign nations you have no issues at all. Your hypocrisy is on full display.

I read that article from a different outlet. Ethically, I believe that SCOTUS is corrupt. No wonder the people of this country give it only a 25% polling approval. Ethically bankrupt is what I really meant.

I read that article from a different outlet. Ethically, I believe that SCOTUS is corrupt. No wonder the people of this country give it only a 25% polling approval. Ethically bankrupt is what I really meant.

I agree!

Last edited:

Just like all of the loony democrats woulda coulda shouldas regarding Trump, from the article:

"Now, a former colleague of Mrs. Roberts has raised concerns that her recruiting work poses potential ethics issues for the chief justice."

Forum List

Back