Chick-fil-A feeds stranded drivers

In all the posts I have put on the board I never slammed him for his personal thoughts about the LBGT issue. He should be applauded for his compassion to those in need.:clap2:
By the way, we do not have a chick-fil-A in my area.

We don't have one either.

We have a place called Popeye's.

Disgrossting.

Is this supposed to make him less of a homphobic asshole,

or just a homophobic asshole who happens to be able to occasionally act like a decent human being in unrelated matters?

I rest my case.

Do you think human decency is a game of points? Do you really think that if some guy is a homophobic asshole that somehow he can earn a pass on that if he hands out some food?

There is only one person behaving like an asshole here. :eusa_whistle:

It's good that he's doing that and all - but it's hard not to be cynical/jaded toward anyone who has immersed themselves into the game of partisan politics.

He never did immerse himself in it. That's the thing.

Threads like this are hilarious to me.

1. What does this have to do with the CEO's comments on gays?

Not to rehash the whole incident, but the guy was being interviewed and was asked by the reporter what his view on gay marriage was (which had no relevancy whatsoever to the reason he was being interviewed so you have to wonder why the question was even asked). He gave his honest personal opinion that marriage should stay between a man and a woman. It in no way reflected the position of the company he runs or how they do business, but the left went ape shit and tried to organize a boycott against the company, which actually backfired on them. So, it's a legitimate question as to where all these people are now when the company is out there doing more to help people during this crisis than any of their criticizers are.

2. Why do you feel the need to cheerlead for a multi-national corporation?

Why do I feel the need to give accolades to a multi-national corporation which employs tens of thousands of people, helping them put food on the table, for opening up their doors and giving free food to people in need during a crisis, cutting into their profit margin?

Is that your question?

It's good that he's doing that and all - but it's hard not to be cynical/jaded toward anyone who has immersed themselves into the game of partisan politics.

Chick-fil-A president deletes anti-gay marriage tweet - Jun. 27, 2013

In his defense, he backtracked afterward.

I support not being an ass hole to every person who has differing political views out there and are respectable people - but I will always have a pretty big reservation towards baseless bigotry though. I find it evil and cynical, the extent to which people try to justify it with pseudo arguments as well.

I support not being an ass hole to every person who has differing political views out there and are respectable people - but I will always have a pretty big reservation towards baseless bigotry though. I find it evil and cynical, the extent to which people try to justify it with pseudo arguments as well.

there are many that are anti gay due to their religious convictions. I do not necessarily agree with them, but it is not fair to consider those arguments as being pseudo arguments.

Think about this....

Is it appropriate for someone...say a Jew...to say to a catholic...."you believe in Jesus Christ? You actually believe a man rose up after he died and is the messiah? You believe in ghosts? What are you, insane?"

there are many that are anti gay due to their religious convictions. I do not necessarily agree with them, but it is not fair to consider those arguments as being pseudo arguments.

Think about this....

Is it appropriate for someone...say a Jew...to say to a catholic...."you believe in Jesus Christ? You actually believe a man rose up after he died and is the messiah? You believe in ghosts? What are you, insane?"

Religious arguments do not belong in Civics - and re: the twitter quote I posted he obviously wishes his beliefs mandated by Law.

But aside from that - I don't care if someone uses Religion as an excuse for Bigotry it's still inappropriate. It's not a valid excuse to me, nothing is a valid excuse to be a Bigot. It's a disgusting side effect of being human. Hell, I've done it but at least had the wherewithal to be ashamed after realizing it.

I don't like being around people much, hence being a hermit. However, if a bunch of folks were stranded and hungry, I would give them shelter and food.
This guy did a good deed. Brava to him.

Think about this....

Religious arguments do not belong in Civics - and re: the twitter quote I posted he obviously wishes his beliefs mandated by Law.

But aside from that - I don't care if someone uses Religion as an excuse for Bigotry it's still inappropriate. It's not a valid excuse to me, nothing is a valid excuse to be a Bigot. It's a disgusting side effect of being human. Hell, I've done it but at least had the wherewithal to be ashamed after realizing it.

Perhaps I didn't articulate my point well enough.

Oh well.

What is that about a borrowers attorney that magically appeared in the quotebox of my post??:eusa_eh:

Last edited:
I'll bet when they were handing out the chicken, they didn't even ask about the recipient's sexual orientation. Good for Chick-fil-A

I'll bet when they were handing out the chicken, they didn't even ask about the recipient's sexual orientation. Good for Chick-fil-A

and I would bet that anyone who was gay, gladly took the free food as well.

I'll bet that the gayer you got the more you licked your fingers after you were done with that grizzly grease.

(that wasn't even funny, huh? I suck today)

So, I'm curious. Will the same people who slammed the CEO of Chick-Fil-A for giving his honest, personal opinion of gay marriage when asked, now praise him for the charity his company is engaging in? I'm guessing we won't hear much about it.

Chick-fil-A feeds stranded drivers - New York News

I think that's a very nice thing that he did and he should be commended for it, in fact I hope his company garners more business from that kind act. His opinion on "gay marriage" is a separate issue; people have a right to agree or disagree with his position. What's the big deal?

Think about this....

People do say that. All the time

Today one must agree with the liberals way of thinking or you will be trashed. They have zero tolerance for anything that makes them question their own feelings

Forum List

Back