Chicago - the Homicide Capital of the U.S.

View attachment 435059
Looking at these numbers, Chicago seems to be in a league of its own when it comes to criminal homicide. One occasionally sees articles blaming it on the new Mayor, but I don't really see that connection.

And given the poor marksmanship, for every gun-death there are half a dozen shootings that didn't result in death.

What is it about Chicago? My own personal experiences in that town are all positive. There are great neighborhoods, great restaurants (well, used to be), great entertainment venues, parks, the Navy Pier, great museums. What the fuck?
Chicago is very wealthy and with wealth comes crime-duh, it happens in every city of the USA.

The Tremendous City of East St. Louis isn't that wealthy, yet still has high crime, shooting your theory to hell. Further, other cities like Grosse Pointe Michigan have high degrees of wealth, yet relatively low crime.

View attachment 435059
Looking at these numbers, Chicago seems to be in a league of its own when it comes to criminal homicide. One occasionally sees articles blaming it on the new Mayor, but I don't really see that connection.

And given the poor marksmanship, for every gun-death there are half a dozen shootings that didn't result in death.

What is it about Chicago? My own personal experiences in that town are all positive. There are great neighborhoods, great restaurants (well, used to be), great entertainment venues, parks, the Navy Pier, great museums. What the fuck?
Chicago is very wealthy and with wealth comes crime-duh, it happens in every city of the USA.

The Tremendous City of East St. Louis isn't that wealthy, yet still has high crime, shooting your theory to hell. Further, other cities like Grosse Pointe Michigan have high degrees of wealth, yet relatively low crime.
You are aware that East St. Louis is attached to West St. Louis that has a GDP of 158 billion dollars annually?

The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Grosse Pointe is 1 in 53. Based on FBI crime data, Grosse Pointe is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Michigan, Grosse Pointe has a crime rate that is higher than 73% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes.
Grosse Pointe violent crime is 10.5. (The US average is 22.7)
Grosse Pointe property crime is 29.8. (The US average is 35.4)

Yet it still has crime a human activity not associated with race only Japan can brag on that stat..

Forum List

Back