Chicago pastor leads prayer walks to 'push back against the violence'

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
In response to a rise in violent crime that has claimed the lives of children, Chicago pastor Edgar Rodriguez has led prayer walks in his community.

Rodriguez, appearing Saturday on "Fox & Friends Weekend," said he wanted to "push back against the violence, give people hope, and really address the crime."

CHICAGO PASTOR ORGANIZES PRAYER WALKS AFTER RISE IN VIOLENT DEATHS

The reaction to Rodriguez's efforts has been positive.

"Specifically, in the block that we’ve lived on, we’ve taken a very pro-active approach – not reactive – where if someone gets killed then we go out and pray, or then we go out and march," he said.

Chicago has always had marches against violence.

Maybe he's legit, but in Chicago this usually just means he wants them to kill more white people instead of each other. We know that's what Obama and Democrats mean when they run around braying 'Stop The Violence'.

In response to a rise in violent crime that has claimed the lives of children, Chicago pastor Edgar Rodriguez has led prayer walks in his community.

Rodriguez, appearing Saturday on "Fox & Friends Weekend," said he wanted to "push back against the violence, give people hope, and really address the crime."

"Specifically, in the block that we’ve lived on, we’ve taken a very pro-active approach – not reactive – where if someone gets killed then we go out and pray, or then we go out and march," he said.

I am 83 years old.

All my life, I have heard inspiring speeches by leaders of certain folks imploring their people to clean up their act.

This is 2020. Those speeches have apparently achieved nothing.

Sadly, there is no reason to think that the situation will ever improve.

Maybe he's legit, but in Chicago this usually just means he wants them to kill more white people instead of each other. We know that's what Obama and Democrats mean when they run around braying 'Stop The Violence'.

He is legit. I think it is difficult for people to know Chicago has this when all that is viewed is the violence or nitwits protesting against cops.

I am 83 years old.

All my life, I have heard inspiring speeches by leaders of certain folks imploring their people to clean up their act.

This is 2020. Those speeches have apparently achieved nothing.

Sadly, there is no reason to think that the situation will ever improve.

No. They don't accomplish anything because the speeches are fantastic but it is preaching to the choir.

He is legit. I think it is difficult for people to know Chicago has this when all that is viewed is the violence or nitwits protesting against cops.

I think the perception of fakery in Chicago's 'activist churches' is created by fake 'community organizers' and fake pastors like Obama and 'The Reverend Wright', The Reverend Jesse Jackson, etc. It's a corrupt city from top to bottom, only slightly more so than NYC.

Forum List

Back