Chicago gun violence: Mayor Lori Lightfoot hoping to curb bloodshed by suing gangs

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

Chicago gun violence: Mayor Lori Lightfoot hoping to curb bloodshed by suing gangs

Chicago mayor expected to announce plan to allow city attorneys to take legal action against gang-affiliated offenders

13 Sep 2021 ~~ By Stephanie Pagones
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is expected to announce an effort to sue local gangs as a way to curb rampant gun violence, according to a local affiliate report.
The Democratic mayor is expected to announce a plan that would allow city attorneys to take legal action against gang affiliated offenders, FOX 32 Chicago reported. A spokesperson for Lightfoot’s office would not comment on Monday, other than to say more details would be available on Tuesday.
"As a city we are using every tool to push back against the gangs that are leaving a trail of blood, death and misery in their wake," Lightfoot said, according to the report. If successful in their legal efforts, the city could thwart gangs’ activities by seizing property, such as weapons, money and vehicles.
"What we are proposing is a tool in civil courts that gives us the opportunity to go after those gangs that are wreaking havoc," Lightfoot reportedly said, "and in particular, take away the profit motive from them by seizing assets that they have been able to purchase because of their violent activity in our neighborhoods."
The Chicago Police Department has been outspoken about its struggle combating gun violence, especially at the hands of violent gangs, in recent months.
~Snip~
Last week, Police Superintendent David O. Brown begged the city’s criminals to stay away from children. Speaking directly to such offenders, he asked: "Why are you continuing to be around young people, our children?"
"That’s on you," he added.
He urged such offenders to "stay away from children if you want to live that life."
"You’re harming this community. You’re harming these families," he added. "And we will be relentless in pursuing you as an offender."

Comment:
Good thing I wasn't drinking my Coffee when I read this...
No this is not a satire from the Babylon Bee... This is real... At least for Chicago and the Mayor Beetlejuice.
That is beyond bizarre. If people won't testify in murder trials and drug trials, what makes Mayor Beetlejuice think that witnesses will show up for a civil trial?
Perhaps if Mayor Beetlejuice should be enforcing existing laws and allowing the Police force to do it's job things might improve.
Hmm.... maybe she could pay these gangs not to commit gun violence. So lets not rule out the any stupider, just yet. She might just try it.
Oops that's already being tried on the West Coast and is failing.

-double-facepalm_20120514083424.jpg

I was unaware that the Cripz , MS 13 and other groups of nogoodniks are incorporated and have all kinds of assets to attach.

I was under the impression that their members just went to court appointed counsel when they get charges and they are completely judgment proof.

Maybe they do things different in Chicago?

I was unaware that the Cripz , MS 13 and other groups of nogoodniks are incorporated and have all kinds of assets to attach.

I was under the impression that their members just went to court appointed counsel when they get charges and they are completely judgment proof.

Maybe they do things different in Chicago?
Al Capone's syndicate had more integrity within it's ranks than the entire democrook party does.

Chicago mayor expected to announce plan to allow city attorneys to take legal action against gang-affiliated offenders

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is expected to announce an effort to sue local gangs as a way to curb rampant gun violence, according to a local affiliate report.
The Democratic mayor is expected to announce a plan that would allow city attorneys to take legal action against gang affiliated offenders, FOX 32 Chicago reported. A spokesperson for Lightfoot’s office would not comment on Monday, other than to say more details would be available on Tuesday.
"As a city we are using every tool to push back against the gangs that are leaving a trail of blood, death and misery in their wake," Lightfoot said, according to the report. If successful in their legal efforts, the city could thwart gangs’ activities by seizing property, such as weapons, money and vehicles.
"What we are proposing is a tool in civil courts that gives us the opportunity to go after those gangs that are wreaking havoc," Lightfoot reportedly said, "and in particular, take away the profit motive from them by seizing assets that they have been able to purchase because of their violent activity in our neighborhoods."
The Chicago Police Department has been outspoken about its struggle combating gun violence, especially at the hands of violent gangs, in recent months.
~Snip~
Last week, Police Superintendent David O. Brown begged the city’s criminals to stay away from children. Speaking directly to such offenders, he asked: "Why are you continuing to be around young people, our children?"
He urged such offenders to "stay away from children if you want to live that life."
"You’re harming this community. You’re harming these families," he added. "And we will be relentless in pursuing you as an offender."

Comment:
No this is not a satire from the Babylon Bee... This is real... At least for Chicago and the Mayor Beetlejuice.
That is beyond bizarre. If people won't testify in murder trials and drug trials, what makes Mayor Beetlejuice think that witnesses will show up for a civil trial?
Perhaps if Mayor Beetlejuice should be enforcing existing laws and allowing the Police force to do it's job things might improve.
Hmm.... maybe she could pay these gangs not to commit gun violence. So lets not rule out the any stupider, just yet. She might just try it.

Amazing. Yes, we know where all of these gang members are, where they live, and have their property at. But, instead of arresting them she wants to sue them in civil court for monetary damages while they let these people run around loose.

How the fuck do you sue a gang? I mean this as a honest question.

Jesus christ, Ive seen some dumb shit this year but man this goes in the top 10 easily.

~Snip~

Comment:

I wonder if they took the ones doing the crime and locked them up instead of giving them a slap on the wrest letting them back out on the streets to become repeat offenders if that would do any good? Just a little logic something democrats don't posse. It would take a whole union of Lightfoots to equal a low IQ'ed idiot

Last edited:

Forum List

Back