Cherokees kick the blacks out

There is nothing more racist than the standards the tribes follow to determine tribal enrollment. It's BLOOD QUOTA.

It's institutionalized racism, initially put in place by a white federal government that didn't want to have to honor treaties with people who were only CULTURALLY Indian.

The tribes have taken over the BIA but so many years of being told that their culture depends entirely upon their blood quota has resulted in rampant racism in Indian country. They're killing off their own population with it because genetic diversity is necessary for survival, and they are excluding their own people based on nothing other than Indian blood percentage. Some of the strongest families in Indian Country have members with very little Indian blood...those members cannot enroll, and so are excluded from the tribes.

It will result in the death of Indian culture. It already is.

• Banned
What do you mean by they are killing themselves off because of a lack of genetic diversity? Seems there is plenty of generic diversity, especially considering in some places in the world like in the Middle East the rate of first cousin marriages is greater than 50% with some Muslims and over 25% in Jews. Been that way fir a while, and despite their aggressive nature, they are fine. I'd dont buy your not enough genetic diversity argument.

What I also do not get is why Indians aren't considered modern day eugenic Hitler Nazis by Lefties. And don't blame the white guy.

I grew up in Oklahoma. There are several large tribes there; Comanche, Kiowa, Apache, Seminole, Cherokee, etc.

I went to school with many Indian kids. Indians are extremely racist against blacks and whites.

If you read your history you will find out that the last Confederate general to surrender was a Cherokee Indian. Many Cherokee Indians owned slaves to work their plantations in Oklahoma.

Since Oklahoma was not a state at the end of the Civil War. Blacks were not Freed there by the Emancipation Proclamation. They remained slaves in Oklahoma territory for another 20 years.

So nothing about their actions towards black's surprises me at all. :doubt:

do they call themselves ' american indians'?

albo is short for aborigines

term used mostly in oz...but now refers to native peoples of a region

After the Civil War, the Cherokee nation voted to admit the slave descendants to the tribe.

Hmm I wonder what made them change their minds?

I grew up in Oklahoma. There are several large tribes there; Comanche, Kiowa, Apache, Seminole, Cherokee, etc.

I went to school with many Indian kids. Indians are extremely racist against blacks and whites.

If you read your history you will find out that the last Confederate general to surrender was a Cherokee Indian. Many Cherokee Indians owned slaves to work their plantations in Oklahoma.

Since Oklahoma was not a state at the end of the Civil War. Blacks were not Freed there by the Emancipation Proclamation. They remained slaves in Oklahoma territory for another 20 years.

Morgan Freeman is a descendant of one of those slaves. I saw the TV special where he found out his ancestry and you should have seen the look on his face when he found out his ancestors were slaves... OF INDIANS! :lol:

do they call themselves ' american indians'?

albo is short for aborigines

term used mostly in oz...but now refers to native peoples of a region

Oooh...

No, the ones I know and the paper I am familiar with refers to them as Indians.

I have been told specifically by a tribal leader that they don't like the terms indiginous or primitive peoples...

I've never heard any of them refer to themselves as aborigines, not in this country anyway.

After the Civil War, the Cherokee nation voted to admit the slave descendants to the tribe.

her

Because they were in danger of dying out.

Like I said, genetic diversity is key to survival.

I knew a Cherokee boy in school, he looked as black as black could be. He was fostered out to a very white family, far away from his tribal lands, because there were no Cherokee foster parents who could take him in. He was one of a few who had a really, really high blood quota, and he got a lot of money because of it.

At least that was my understanding when he was my brother's best friend. I really don't know much about the Cherokee, and my information came from him..and he was another child.

This is interesting Sunni I had no idea Native Americans owned slaves although I did know they are pretty racist towards Blacks and Whites.

her

Because they were in danger of dying out.

Like I said, genetic diversity is key to survival.

I knew a Cherokee boy in school, he looked as black as black could be. He was fostered out to a very white family, far away from his tribal lands, because there were no Cherokee foster parents who could take him in. He was one of a few who had a really, really high blood quota, and he got a lot of money because of it.

At least that was my understanding when he was my brother's best friend. I really don't know much about the Cherokee, and my information came from him..and he was another child.

So alot of the Blacks they have turned away do have cherokee blood than right?

Forum List

Back