Cheney feels no regrets

When you act upon the circumstances, as you understand them at the time, in a manner consistent with your values and principles it's futile to have regrets.

Why regret what you can't change?

There was a thread here, a few days ago, that asked if there was anything about you that would surprise everyone else. I brought up some of my very criminal past.
As wrong as my past behaviors might have been, I wouldn't change a thing even if I could.
Everything in our past makes us who we are today. And I love me.
(I have the jacket to prove it)

Short version?
I don't believe in regrets.
:cool:

If Cheney could survive the same amount of waterboarding KSM got..I would agree.

Hopefully he tries it soon. :lol:

Why?? KSM was a criminal... You just don't happen to like Cheney...

I could just as easily say that because you are the exact polar opposite of conservative or sane, that I hope you try russian roulette soon... and would get called to the carpet for being an asshole... but you and your extreme lefty friends feel that because you don't like Cheney, he deserves to be punished...
In addition to the fact that according to experienced experts torture is most often counterproductive and rarely if ever productive, by allowing it to take place the reputation of our Nation is diminished in the civilized world. But more important than those considerations is the fact that our demonstrated contempt for the Geneva Conventions, to which we don't even subscribe, and the fact that we advocate and practice torture, can and probably will operate to the extreme detriment of American troops who are captured by their adversaries, now and in future hostilities.

So it's easy for a draft-dodging, sociopathic scoundrel like Dick Cheney to promote exceptionally aggressive tactics when there is no chance that the consequences of his advocacy will ever befall him.

Show any charges of torture upon the administration.. we'll be waiting

"Reagan," Vice President Dick Cheney famously declared in 2002, "proved deficits don't matter." Unless, that is, a Democrat is in the White House. After all, while Ronald Reagan tripled the national debt and George W. Bush doubled it again, each Republican was rewarded with a second term in office. But as the Gallup polling data show, concern over the federal deficit hasn't been this high since Democratic budget balancer Bill Clinton was in office. All of which suggest the Republicans' born-again disdain for deficits ranks among the greatest - and most successful - political double-standards in recent memory.

Reagan Proved Deficits Don't Matter* | Crooks and Liars

"Reagan," Vice President Dick Cheney famously declared in 2002, "proved deficits don't matter." Unless, that is, a Democrat is in the White House. After all, while Ronald Reagan tripled the national debt and George W. Bush doubled it again, each Republican was rewarded with a second term in office. But as the Gallup polling data show, concern over the federal deficit hasn't been this high since Democratic budget balancer Bill Clinton was in office. All of which suggest the Republicans' born-again disdain for deficits ranks among the greatest - and most successful - political double-standards in recent memory.

Reagan Proved Deficits Don't Matter* | Crooks and Liars

To CORRECT Chrissy's effort it SHOULD be written as follows:

"Reagan," Vice President Dick Cheney famously declared, ALLEGEDLY, in 2002, "proved deficits don't matter."

The "quote" is ATTRIBUTED to the former Vice President. But the source is very dubious and the claim has not been verified.

Chrissy wants to believe it, though.

No problem going in debt to buy new rifle.

Dont want to go into debt to feed neighbor who lacks self-accountabilty.

Haliburton dividends do make buying school clothes easier.

Don't know if Michael Moore has kids, but if he does, they've been wearing Abercrombie & Fitch clothes for years.
I do know he had Halliburton stock.
Typical progressive talking point; do as I say, not as I do. :smoke:

Forum List

Back