Cheney feels no regrets

Did he mention the outing of Valerie Plame to get even with her husband who exposed the "yellow cake" lie? While he was slick enough to sidestep any complicity in that crime anyone who believes he didn't instigate it is intentionally ignorant or happily dumb.

Her husband never exposed a "yellow cake lie" because he was never sent to Africa as an employee of the US government with orders to do such an investiagion. He was sent there by his CIA wife on a vacation. There was never any report given to the CIA and certainly never one that made it up to the White House, as if anyone would give a shit what a former Ambassador to Gabon had to say about the matter. None of the intelligence reports from Britian that Bush used were ever recanted or corrected. And of course he didn't make any of these accusations against the Bush administration until he joined the John Kerry campiagn. :eusa_whistle:

And by the way the Justice Department said that no crime was ever commited in "outing" Valerie Plame.

It is interesting though Cheney was being interviewed by Rush yesterday and he learned that Colin Powell recently admited that he and Armitage called the Justice Department to tell them that Armitage was the anonymous source. Funny how the witch hunt didn't stop there though. :eusa_shhh:

I will say this, that if the International Court of Idiots in the Hague thinks they have jurisdiction of Dick Cheney or ANY American politician, then that my friend is when we burn that freakin place to the ground! This piss-ignorant notion that American politicians, military leaders, or anyone else for that matter is subject to the Hague, is the stupidest idea I have ever heard in my life.

Why should they be exempt? War crimes are war crimes.

Oh my GAWD... Why doesn't this surprise me? We bring terrorists and enemy combatants from foreign countries who blow up civilians on purpose, cut off journalists heads on video, and commit untold atrocities to America to be tried under the Constitution and then we are going to allow a court of jackasses in the Hague to try American politicians or military figures? For what? I AGREE with what Dick Cheney and George W. Bush did. I believe that what they did SAVED American lives. I don't give a shit about how many terrorists rights were violated. They sure didn't care when American civilians were jumping out of tower 1! Or when those sailors in the USS Cole were vaporized.

When a man comes to my door with a gun and says I'm going to hurt your family, I don't question him and I don't care about his 'rights'. He forfeited his rights and his life. He gets an ounce of lead between the freakin eyes. In Oklahoma, you have every right and I think that is the way it should be. I can also tell you that if I was gone and someone came to my house and hurt my family, I would cooperate with the police, but the bad guy would really need to worry about ME. Not the cops.

Americans acting under lawful AMERICAN law are NOT subject to the Hague. America is a sovereign nation. Unless that changes, the turds in the Hague can continue to play with themselves under their robes.

Last edited:
I will say this, that if the International Court of Idiots in the Hague thinks they have jurisdiction of Dick Cheney or ANY American politician, then that my friend is when we burn that freakin place to the ground! This piss-ignorant notion that American politicians, military leaders, or anyone else for that matter is subject to the Hague, is the stupidest idea I have ever heard in my life.

Why should they be exempt? War crimes are war crimes.

War crimes?

What fucking war crimes?

And why he should be exempt is because we have not ceded our sovereignty to the Hague.

"The line is not likely to make this week's eulogies to Ronald Reagan, but when Vice President Cheney allegedly declared, "Reagan proved deficits don't matter," he summed up an enduring argument from the former president's economic legacy"
washingtonpost.com: Reagan Policies Gave Green Light to Red Ink

Considering those who are defending Cheney are rightfully riding the Obama Administrating over deficits, isn't there a tad bit of hypocrisy in your positions?

I can't think of anybody that I agree with about everything. Do agree with people you support on every issue?

Complaining about the deficits is a major and often event on these boards. The public thinks it's huge as noted by our ongoing economic crisis. Therefore, Cheney's attitude about deficits looms pretty large. As I stated, Obama should be criticized, but the blame also falls on others that thought "deficits don't matter" as they contributed much to our current and ongoing deficits.

The topic is about Chaney having regrets, there's no hypocrisy, as you claim, in supporting the man while disagreeing with him about his deficit comment.

I can't think of anybody that I agree with about everything. Do agree with people you support on every issue?

Complaining about the deficits is a major and often event on these boards. The public thinks it's huge as noted by our ongoing economic crisis. Therefore, Cheney's attitude about deficits looms pretty large. As I stated, Obama should be criticized, but the blame also falls on others that thought "deficits don't matter" as they contributed much to our current and ongoing deficits.

The topic is about Chaney having regrets, there's no hypocrisy, as you claim, in supporting the man while disagreeing with him about his deficit comment.

His deficit comment, practice and philosophy. He SHOULD regret it, but I guess not! :eusa_wall:

NEW YORK—The publication this week of Dick Cheney’s memoir, In My Time, has revealed the former vice president enjoys a fulfilling life unaffected by any sense of guilt or regret and there’s absolutely nothing any of us can do about it. “This unique look at an otherwise intensely private man’s inner thoughts shows us he couldn’t be prouder of his life’s work and will never feel one single moment of anguish over his actions no matter how desperately we want him to,” book critic James L. Warner writes of the 576-page memoir’s disclosure that Cheney would spend his retirement never second-guessing his advocacy of a disastrous war, the torture of detainees, illegal wiretapping, or tax cuts that created devastating budget deficits and crippled the U.S. economy. “Nothing we do will ever change the fact that this man sleeps very soundly at night and, in fact, looks back fondly upon a long, rewarding career. You almost have to admire that.” The book also reveals that none of the former vice president’s five heart attacks has caused him even the slightest amount of pain.

New Cheney Memoir Reveals He's Going To Live Full, Satisfied Life Without Ever Feeling Remorse And There's Nothing We Can Do About It | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Excellent thread...did you vote here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/182869-do-you-think-that-dick-cheney-is-a-good-person.html

How Cheney is winning - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

I’m even more pessimistic about this than Lithwick, who writes: “[W]e are not all Cheneyites in a more fundamental sense: Most of agree that we should not be a nation of torturers, and that torture has tarnished the reputation of the United States as a beacon of justice. Most of us do not want warrantless surveillance, secret prisons, or war against every dictator who looks at us funny. We may be bloodthirsty, but we aren’t morons. On his most combative and truly lawless positions, Cheney still stands largely alone.”

I hope she’s right, but I doubt it. I think we’re likely to see torture and much of the rest of it as unspoken, and perhaps even explicit, Republican party positions going forward. If that’s the case, then people who listen to Rush and watch Fox News are going to share those views. Barack Obama is obviously not the most to blame for that; the bulk of the blame should go first to Dick Cheney and his apologists, and secondarily to Republicans who know torture is wrong and yet don’t speak up. But I do hold Obama to blame for not making more of an effort than he has to date.

I really almost wondered if a deal wasn't brokered. "You disappear, keep your mouth shut, and I won't charge you with war crimes." But Cheney's book proves that theory wrong.

"Cheney feels no regrets"

When one lives their life doing the best they can and according to their principles, there may be wrong calls, but few regrets.

Snip:

"On 9/11 and the months following, I believe that he and George W. Bush did what was necessary to keep us safe. I might add that during their time in office, not one successfull terrorist attack occured on American soil after 9/11." ( from OldUSAF )

And Leon Panetta has agreed that methods used with knowledge known, was helpful in that effort.

Last edited:
Ex-Powell aide: Cheney fears war crimes trial - US news - Security - msnbc.com

"He's developed an angst and almost a protective cover, and now he fears being tried as a war criminal so he uses such terminology as 'exploding heads all over Washington' because that's the way someone who's decided he's not going to be prosecuted acts: boldly, let's get out in front of everybody, let's act like we are not concerned and so forth when in fact they are covering up their own fear that somebody will Pinochet him," Wilkerson added.

Former Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet was arrested for war crimes.

What a great tee shirt that'll make; "Pinochet Cheney"

What on earth should the former Vice President have to feel guilty about? 9-11 was planned on Al Gore's watch. While Bubba Bill was diddling interns the 9-11 hihackers were attending flight school in his backyard. Democrats approved of the Iraq conflict and then they sat back and undermined the mission or pretended they were bystanders. Waterboarding? Our own elite Troops experience it. Here's the deal about waterboarding sissies, you psyche the enemy out and he spills his guts. Waterboarding was in the psy-ops manual. More people died in Teddy Kennedy's car.

Cheney was the watchdog on the Iraq intelligence that was misused to lead to war.

Bill Clinton said there were WMD's in Iraq. Bush gave Saddam about a year to comply with UN sanctions and ship the stuff to Iran. Every democrat congressperson had access to secret files and CIA intelligence and they voted for boots on the ground. You can't change your mind and undermine the mission once you approved it.

What on earth should the former Vice President have to feel guilty about? 9-11 was planned on Al Gore's watch. While Bubba Bill was diddling interns the 9-11 hihackers were attending flight school in his backyard. Democrats approved of the Iraq conflict and then they sat back and undermined the mission or pretended they were bystanders. Waterboarding? Our own elite Troops experience it. Here's the deal about waterboarding sissies, you psyche the enemy out and he spills his guts. Waterboarding was in the psy-ops manual. More people died in Teddy Kennedy's car.

Waterboarding Used to Be a Crime

After World War II, we convicted several Japanese soldiers for waterboarding American and Allied prisoners of war. At the trial of his captors, then-Lt. Chase J. Nielsen, one of the 1942 Army Air Forces officers who flew in the Doolittle Raid and was captured by the Japanese, testified: "I was given several types of torture. . . . I was given what they call the water cure." He was asked what he felt when the Japanese soldiers poured the water. "Well, I felt more or less like I was drowning," he replied, "just gasping between life and death."

What changed?

Cheney was the watchdog on the Iraq intelligence that was misused to lead to war.

Bill Clinton said there were WMD's in Iraq. Bush gave Saddam about a year to comply with UN sanctions and ship the stuff to Iran. Every democrat congressperson had access to secret files and CIA intelligence and they voted for boots on the ground. You can't change your mind and undermine the mission once you approved it.

Bill clinton was not president when the evidence was apparently cooked for invading Iraq.
Remember mushroom clouds, etc?

I never approved troops in Iraq!

"Cheney feels no regrets"

When one lives their life doing the best they can and according to their principles, there may be wrong calls, but few regrets.

For him, no. People for a five-mile radius around him were probably ready to off themselves at any given moment, but Cheney's all kinds of happy.

Ask anybody who has ever had a narcissist in their immediate circle how much fun they were to live with.

There is something fundamentally wrong with believing that one's happiness is all that matters (no matter what it takes to attain said happiness.)

NEW YORK—The publication this week of Dick Cheney’s memoir, In My Time, has revealed the former vice president enjoys a fulfilling life unaffected by any sense of guilt or regret and there’s absolutely nothing any of us can do about it. “This unique look at an otherwise intensely private man’s inner thoughts shows us he couldn’t be prouder of his life’s work and will never feel one single moment of anguish over his actions no matter how desperately we want him to,” book critic James L. Warner writes of the 576-page memoir’s disclosure that Cheney would spend his retirement never second-guessing his advocacy of a disastrous war, the torture of detainees, illegal wiretapping, or tax cuts that created devastating budget deficits and crippled the U.S. economy. “Nothing we do will ever change the fact that this man sleeps very soundly at night and, in fact, looks back fondly upon a long, rewarding career. You almost have to admire that.” The book also reveals that none of the former vice president’s five heart attacks has caused him even the slightest amount of pain.

New Cheney Memoir Reveals He's Going To Live Full, Satisfied Life Without Ever Feeling Remorse And There's Nothing We Can Do About It | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Regret required a conscience.

Regret required a conscience.

Bingo!

Forum List

Back