....Check Your Listings Tonight ---- HBO Documentary on January 6th

"Talk about a fucking drama queen..."
Well, don't be civil then, poster whodat.

Still, tell us what YOU thought of the documentary.
What parts of it did you find credible?
Which part not?
And why.

It's one thing to whine about how others viewed the program.....but it's quite another to be a responsible adult contributor here and offer a reasoned opinion after you have actually viewed the program.

So saddle up, Skippy. Let's see what your little pony can do. Giddyup!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I guess the entertainment factor for this partisan political illusion pays well."
What was 'illusory' about it poster Beale?
What parts of it were credible to you? And why?
What parts were not believable to you? And why?

Batter up, poster Beale. Show us you got game.

"Pretty easy to do, when you can just play video of the insurrectionists."

Yes, poster FFI offers an insight that any critics of the documentary need to address if they wish to offer their own observations of the piece.

I mean by that, the program employed no voice-over narration, only on-camera interviews by named interviewees. And those interviewed ranged across multiple viewpoints....Congressmen and women who were critical of what happened on January 6th, and those who said they'd vote again to not certify; police from the front lines, rioters from the front lines; and on the scene journalist. In short, we were getting 'witness' accounts.

Most especially...and FFI notes it......the images shown were taken from smartphone cams from the attackers themselves'; from police body cams; from news media photographers and videographers on the scene; and from Capitol security cams.
Any "analysis" offered was by the people doing the attacking, or victims, or actual on-scene witnesses and/or participants. In short,
poster Beale, those folks were there and they experienced it We need to hear their stories. And we did tonight.

So, while some may call all that an 'illusion'....... I would respond: they are saying that as a way to cover up, or minimize the events. And, importantly, hide the truth. IMHO

Lastly, .....WATCH THE FRIGGIN' DOCUMENTARY!!
All Americans should. It should be shown in schools, social clubs, family gatherings.
So that Americans can know what it was like on the grounds and buildings of the United States Capitol on January 6th.

Golly, posters Legend and Lenny, I don't think it is fiction, at least the reviews don't indicate that.
How 'bout this----- watch it and then report back to the forum as to the nature of this documentary.
I saw the election protests live on TV, I don't need to see some liberal propaganda piece.

What was 'illusory' about it poster Beale?
What parts of it were credible to you? And why?
What parts were not believable to you? And why?

Batter up, poster Beale. Show us you got game.
post the documentary on here and i'll let you know

For exactly $0 you can get a trial membership and watch it.

Or grab it on a certain website that alludes to the great swashbuckling thieves of the old seas...
Can I get a trial membership w/o entering any personal information?

Why not give a link?

Can I get a trial membership w/o entering any personal information?

Why not give a link?
No, gotta give up the booty (debit card) on the site.

I just subscribe to HBO. $15/mo. That and Disney. $30/month total and more content than we will ever watch. We arent a big TV household. So no cable.

No, gotta give up the booty (debit card) on the site.

I just subscribe to HBO. $15/mo. That and Disney. $30/month total and more content than we will ever watch. We arent a big TV household. So no cable.
So, IOW, this thread is just a big sales promotion for HBO.

:auiqs.jpg:

I am not sure HBO would like me suggesting a way someone could illegally pirate their content. Even though it was purely for educational purposes.
oh, I'm certainly not interested in going to look for slick propaganda at pirate site.

Those sites are notorious for malware. I am not going to do that.

The point here, is if this were indeed "newsworthy," and factual, and had any basis in reality, instead of being a slickly edited piece of reality manipulation to please folks that have a cognitive view of reality that needed to be appeased, it would be widely available, and funded by either donations or advertisers.

BUT? It isn't. That tells me all I need to know. It isn't worthy of serious discussion.

Folks that really care about truth, facts, and journalism make their shit available for free through crowd funding and foundational source funding.

This is a profit making endeavor, and thus, it will be prone to serious bias and severe distortion of reality.

illegally pirate their content. Even though it was purely for educational purposes.

"for educational purposes."

Lord, you really are that dumb, aren't you?

5f705bed673f06daaad5c0644fb3b7ac.jpg

point here, is if this were indeed "newsworthy," and factual, and had any basis in reality, instead of being a slickly edited piece of reality manipulation to please folks that have a cognitive view of reality that needed to be appeased, it would be widely available, and funded by either donations or advertisers.
That's ridiculous. You literally just made up that word salad on the spot and have never had a thought before right now even resembling any of that. Contrived nonsense.

I'm sure you've been told to believe that......ignore your lying eyes!
YES, they were.

July 24, 2018

“Just remember: What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what's happening,” he said. “Just stick with us. Don’t believe the crap you see from these people — the fake news.”​

May 12, 2021
During a House Oversight Committee hearing on the Jan. 6 riot, Rep. Andrew Clyde, R-Ga., said the House floor was not breached and that the supporters of former President Donald Trump who stormed the Capitol behaved “in an orderly fashion.”
“If you didn't know that TV footage was a video from January the sixth, you would actually think it was a normal tourist visit,” Clyde said.

Right out of the Russian playbook.

"The point here, is if this were indeed "newsworthy," and factual, and had any basis in reality...."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, poster Mister, you be you.
So if Alex Jones, InfoWars, or Gateway Pundit is your style of 'factual-ity', or 'reality'....well, then mi amigo, you go there. But, if you want opine on the quality of the HBO documentary about the attack on the United States Capitol without even seeing the documentary....well, partner, my avatar thinks your avatar is a phony. Sorry to say.

Meanwhile, for the rest of America, for those thinking individuals who want to understand better just what the hell happened on January 6th....because, well, because most of America was not storming up those steps or spraying Mace in the face of a cop.....well, the rest of us will do what we can to acquire knowledge of something important that happened a thousand or more mile away (ps...I was up in the orchard pruning apple trees when my wife called to say the Capitol was being attacked by a mob).

I, personally, need to go to media sites....newspapers, TV, Cable, Web......to better understand events that I just cannot attend. I can't....you may be different....but I personally cannot be everywhere all the time. So, media helps me understand the world I live in.

I thought what HBO did was exemplary. No voice-over narration. On camera interviews with named individuals who were witnesses to the actual events. Film & video illustrations of events by cams held by perpetrators, by police, by on scene media crews, by fixed security cams on site. In short, poster Mister, we had the opportunity with this HBO documentary to see what the on-scene witnesses saw.

And what I saw was revolting.
Appropriate punishment of the perpetrators is required in a just world.
To protect America from such a travesty ever happening again.

Other than that, I'm pretty neutral.

Forum List

Back