Check out how the wonderful yahoo leftist sports writer writes this article praising China and crushing America.

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013

Sorry, America: China's leading the real Olympic medal count​

Dan Wetzel
Wed, August 4, 2021, 4:12 AM·

TOKYO — China is kicking the United States' tail in these Olympics, although you wouldn’t know it if you just scanned the medal tables in the American media.

In an unexplained yet (apparently) nationally accepted counting method, Americans tally the standings not by what country wins the most golds, but what country wins the most total medals.

NBC. New York Times. Washington Post. Alas, even Yahoo Sports.

This is, to be clear, ridiculous.

That means China’s current tally of 32 golds, 21 silvers and 16 bronzes (69 total) is somehow not as good as the United States’ 25 golds, 29 silvers and 21 bronzes (75 total). Try telling China’s seven extra gold medalists that their victories didn't matter.

What in the name of participation trophies is going on here?

The rest of the world favors gold over everything. That’s how the International Olympic Committee tallies it. Same with the medal standing on the Toyko 2020 website. It’s good enough for media companies all over the world, just not in the U.S. apparently.

Say Dan, does it bother any of you fossil fuel guzzling hypocrites how two Chinese athletes posed with a mao pin?

No? I ask that cause I wonder what a pathetic virtue signaling leftist like you would do if a WHITE PERSON posed with a swastika.

Oh, that's right. Even though your god mao is known to have eliminated more people than hitler and stalin (another hero of the leftists like Dan) combined.

Don't worry though Dan. You are really really woke you traitorous pathetic loser.

Say Dan, does it bother any of you fossil fuel guzzling hypocrites how two Chinese athletes posed with a mao pin?

No? I ask that cause I wonder what a pathetic virtue signaling leftist like you would do if a WHITE PERSON posed with a swastika.

Oh, that's right. Even though your god mao is known to have eliminated more people than hitler and stalin (another hero of the leftists like Dan) combined.

Don't worry though Dan. You are really really woke you traitorous pathetic loser.

again, it's always sad to see the right wing discuss China without knowing anything about Chinese history.

The Chinese respect Mao the same way we respect Washington and Lincoln.

Was he kind of a ruthless bastard? Yup. So were Washington and Lincoln.

This is how it's always been counted but all the same, there are many here that root against the USA this year, so what is the difference?

This is how it's always been counted but all the same, there are many here that root against the USA this year, so what is the difference?

I don't care about the Olympics. The one thing that was cancelled last year that I didn't miss were the Olympics.

Now, if they made Bum Fights and Pole Dancing Olympic events, the US could pull ahead in the Golds... and they might even be interesting to watch.

Counting a Bronze Medal the same as a Gold makes no sense

When I ran Track, First counted for 5 points, Second for 3 points and Third counted for 1 point

China is kicking our ass

Last edited:

Sorry, America: China's leading the real Olympic medal count​

Dan Wetzel
Wed, August 4, 2021, 4:12 AM·

TOKYO — China is kicking the United States' tail in these Olympics, although you wouldn’t know it if you just scanned the medal tables in the American media.

In an unexplained yet (apparently) nationally accepted counting method, Americans tally the standings not by what country wins the most golds, but what country wins the most total medals.

NBC. New York Times. Washington Post. Alas, even Yahoo Sports.

This is, to be clear, ridiculous.

That means China’s current tally of 32 golds, 21 silvers and 16 bronzes (69 total) is somehow not as good as the United States’ 25 golds, 29 silvers and 21 bronzes (75 total). Try telling China’s seven extra gold medalists that their victories didn't matter.

What in the name of participation trophies is going on here?

The rest of the world favors gold over everything. That’s how the International Olympic Committee tallies it. Same with the medal standing on the Toyko 2020 website. It’s good enough for media companies all over the world, just not in the U.S. apparently.

As dozens of right wing losers like yourself, stubby, are constantly hoping the US loses event after event...it's hilarious to see someone like you decrying an opinion columnists' views on China doing better than the US.

As for the topic at hand....

Its remarkable that the US does as well as it does at the Olympics year in and year out. We have no state-run sports academy as they have in other nations. We have a privileged lifestyle that is rather out of tune with many of the olympic events, and we have a culture that, while it does glorify athletes and celebrity, the best swimmer could make exponentially more money and get more ink while being on the bench of any NFL, MLB, or NBA team than he could make in the pool.

China and Russia and other totalitarian governments should be doing so much better than they would otherwise be doing on paper. They draft the best kids from their country and put them into academies to do one thing, win competitions. See Katarina Witt for an example though she was from East Germany. It does go to show what a human can do when they are instilled with free will and are given a choice.

Counting a Bronze Medal the same as a Gold makes no sense

When I ran Track, First counted for 5 points, Second for 3 points and Third counted for 1 point

China is kicking our ass
A bronze is counted as a bronze and it also counts as a medal because it is a medal.

again, it's always sad to see the right wing discuss China without knowing anything about Chinese history.

The Chinese respect Mao the same way we respect Washington and Lincoln.

Was he kind of a ruthless bastard? Yup. So were Washington and Lincoln.
did Washington or Lincoln murder millions of civilians?

There are total medal counts and then there are total gold counts. However it is the total number that is first discussed and has always been discussed.

I saw all leftists celebrating Simone Biles bronze yesterday.

And only someone with an evil heart would equate Washington and Lincoln to mao zedong.

Between 60 and 80 million deaths, mainly by deliberately starving the masses.

The wickedness in the hearts of people is just stunning. Really is sad.

There are total medal counts and then there are total gold counts. However it is the total number that is first discussed and has always been discussed.

Only among those snowflakes who consider third as good as winning

I saw all leftists celebrating Simone Biles bronze yesterday.

And only someone with an evil heart would equate Washington and Lincoln to mao zedong.

Between 60 and 80 million deaths, mainly by deliberately starving the masses.

The wickedness in the hearts of people is just stunning. Really is sad.
That is the mindset of a pure Prog. Radicalism and Revolution is all they know. When it is needed, it is important. But to many times they Rebels without a Cause.

Only among those snowflakes who consider third as good as winning
Sigh

There is total medal count and then gold medal count. Each are ways that are tracked and always have been.

Why?

Cause many of the "sports" are based on judgment scores. Which is why they are called the Olympic GAMES.

Most of the gold medals won by China were based on judgements which have proved out to be corrupt like everything else is on the planet.

Gymnastics, diving, etc are all based on opinions. Now go look at the medals won in races where judges are not a part of the result.

Who jumps higher. Who swims faster? Who runs faster? Who jumps further?

The swimming results that didn't involve judgements like diving, the US won 11 gold medals to China's 3 gold medals.

That is the reason total medals are part of the score. Now go look and see how many medals the Chinese won in the judgement games.

Stupid communist idiots.

Last edited:
Where would the US be without our women?

Women have won 14 out of our 24 Gold Medals

Thank Title IX for funding women’s sports

Where would the US be without our women?

Women have won 14 out of our 24 Gold Medals

Thank Title IX for funding women’s sports

Apparently you are not woke enough. No such thing as men or women.

I thought it was awesome that those stupid tarts led by that queen pink haired commie tart USNWT, who couldn't beat a 15 year old boys team a few years ago, lost.

I thought it was awesome that those stupid tarts led by that queen pink haired commie tart USNWT, who couldn't beat a 15 year old boys team a few years ago, lost.

Yea……the women didn’t win Gold

But our womens soccer program is immensely superior on the world stage compared to our men.

More kudos to Title IX

Forum List

Back