Chauvin Will Be Convicted

Status
Not open for further replies.
All it takes is one jurist to vote differently from the other 11 to get a hung jury and a mistrial. Which is where I think this trial is heading, Chauvin probably won't be acquitted but not found guilty either. It's possible the jury might find him guilty of the lowest charge; I think some on that jury are intimidated by the mobs outside, they've gotta know that their names and addresses will eventually be leaked.
i believe he’ll be convicted of manslaughter...the dnc brown shirts will riot and attempt an insurrection...the case will be overturned on appeal due to the Dems threats of violence and call insurrection. Then we will see if Minn wants to retry the guy...maybe a plea for time served on manslaughter will be given
I predict he will be set free--momentarily, then they will file a federal civil rights suit which he will lose--Just like the Rodney King case.
Oh there is no doubt that regardless the Xiden DOJ will bring a civil rights case

I'm betting money. Second degree murder, third degree or manslaughter, most likely one of the latter two. But Chauvin is not innocent. Nine minutes on the man's neck? Come on man.

How to watch Derek Chauvin trial, closing arguments, verdict | Charlotte Observer
I am betting a hung jury. The evidence is over-whelmingly in support of his innocence and the media distorted to the narrative once again. However, the black jurors already made up there minds (blacks see no irony convicting an innocent man simply because of his race, so hypocritical) and a few white jurors will convict out of cowardness; however, there will be at least 3 brave white jurors that vote not guilty
There is no distortion there is a video. The cop sat on the handcuffed man for 10 minutes as he pled it for his life and then he died and the cop kept sitting on him. Murder. Simple
Floyd killed himself with drugs. Foaming at the mouth is not caused by physical constraint. Toxicology reports show lethal concentration of fentanyl. Floyd ate too much of it and died.
Doctors debunked that at the trial. Pay attention you sound like a right wing talking points puppet and it’s pathetic.
Has a doctor ever made an error.
Has a doctor ever lied.
Yes and Yes, what's your point?
That they were either mistaken or lied. They did not debunk anything. The proof is in the toxicology report.

Pay attention and you may avoid appearing to be stupid.

BTW, my two question were rhetorical (hence no question marks) and your answers were unnecessary.
The proof is in the video. You can't hide from that. Drugs did not sit on Floyd and ignore his cries for his life and they did not continue sitting on him after he took his last breath. Why are you defending such evil? Especially from a guy who is paid to protect and serve. Its disgusting.
None of that stupidity dismisses drug overdose as the cause of death of George Floyd. Many people, over a thousand, I think, have endured the same constraints that were used on Floyd. Floyd was saying "I can't breathe" even as he laying on his side.

Here's my question: how many other people have died from the knee on the neck procedure that Chauvin used on Floyd? Would he have died if he was not killed with drugs? Would he have died if his health wasn't already compromised? Consider:

Floyd had substantial blockage of his major coronary arteries—of the three most important coronary arteries, two were 75% blocked and the third 90% blocked. Thus, his heart was unusually vulnerable to any further restriction in blood flow and oxygen supply, on the one hand, or abruptly increased demand for blood, on the other.

Floyd also had pathological hypertension, with the resultant enlarged heart common to that. This increased the heart’s demand for blood and oxygen under even normal resting conditions, making the heart exceptionally vulnerable under stressful conditions that increased such demands where the demand could not readily be met (e.g., because of profound blockage of the coronary arteries).

Floyd was also an acknowledged drug addict and user of both methamphetamine and fentanyl, as well as other drugs. In the cardiovascular health context, methamphetamine in particular is widely recognized as causing long-term damage to the heart, again making Floyd unusually vulnerable to heart failure, especially under stressful circumstances.

In the context of fentanyl, a reasonable inference can be made that the 11ng/ml of the drug found in Floyd’s system, plus another 5ng/ml or so of the active metabolite nor-fentanyl, also contributed to Floyd’s death.

Is any of this Chauvin's fault? NO. In my amateur opinion, I think Chauvin kept his knee on Floyd's neck longer than was necessary, i.e., excessive force was used. Again in my amateur opinion he should face consequences for that but prison? Finding him guilty of the charges against him are I think unjust. I also think the fact that he has numerous other accusation of excessive force and misconduct should have resulted in his dismissal before this incident even occurred. IOW, I think the Chief of Police, Mayor, City council, DA, Judges, Governor, the police union, and the state legislature all bear some responsibility for not getting rid of bad cops before somebody dies.

And not to mention Floyd himself for putting himself in that position by his own decisions and conduct that lead to his own demise. Too often these days we look for someone to blame, sometimes for political purposes, rather than placing the primary cause at the feet of the individual who put him/herself in harm's way in the 1st place.

Looking forward to a mistrial and Maxine Waters being brought up on charges.

*****SMILE*****

:)

And bounced out of Congress for her criminal incitement to riot.

1618946538965.png

Demanding a specific verdict from the judicial system or else they riot sounds like insurrection to me.

*****SMILE*****

:)

I'm betting money. Second degree murder, third degree or manslaughter, most likely one of the latter two. But Chauvin is not innocent. Nine minutes on the man's neck? Come on man.

How to watch Derek Chauvin trial, closing arguments, verdict | Charlotte Observer
I would not be surprised if he was found guilty, regardless of if he is guilty or not. Lefties have their hands in this, so there is no way that he could ever be found guilty legitimately in a fair trial now. If he is found guilty, lefty corruption will be suspected instead of a fair trial.

[
None of that stupidity dismisses drug overdose as the cause of death of George Floyd.

Sure. If you completely ignore what the medical examiner says.
What the medical examiner says is his opinion. What the toxicology report shows is factual. When compared with accepted lethal level of fentanyl, George had over 5 times the amount.
Lethal level=2mg; George Floyd's level=11mg

Also:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This drug – fentanyl – is an opioid which is also taken as a recreational drug. According to Dr. Andrew Baker, chief medical examiner in Hennepin County, Floyd had a "fatal level" of this substance inside his system. However, Dr. Baker is "not saying this killed him," the report clarifies.

This is not the first time that the presence of fentanyl in Floyd's system has been mentioned. It was also mentioned in a memorandum filed by the Attorney of Hennepin County in June also cited Dr. Baker pointing out that this opioid was present in a very high quantity in the dead man's body.

In fact, the memo went as far as to say that if there was no assault, the death of the young man would have been easily attributed to fentanyl. "(Dr. Baker) said that if Floyd had been found dead in his home (or anywhere else) and there were no other contributing factors he would conclude that it was an overdose death."
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Other contributing factors included:

II.Natural diseases
A. Arteriosclerotic heart disease, multifocal, severe
B. Hypertensive heart disease
. . .1. Cardiomegaly (540 g) with mild biventricular dilatation
. . .2. Clinical history of hypertension

What the medical examiner says is his opinion.

Correct.

And I’ll go with HIS professional opinion over your stupid non-professional opinion.

Glad we cleared that up.
Why did you not address the entire post?

Especially the part where it says:

In fact, the memo went as far as to say that if there was no assault, the death of the young man would have been easily attributed to fentanyl. "(Dr. Baker) said that if Floyd had been found dead in his home (or anywhere else) and there were no other contributing factors he would conclude that it was an overdose death."
Other contributing factors included:

II.Natural diseases
A. Arteriosclerotic heart disease, multifocal, severe
B. Hypertensive heart disease
. . .1. Cardiomegaly (540 g) with mild biventricular dilatation
. . .2. Clinical history of hypertension

Last edited:
Here's my question: how many other people have died from the knee on the neck procedure that Chauvin used on Floyd?

Here's my question: what medical qualifications do you hold to argue that the medical examiner is wrong?

I hold no medical degrees, but others do:

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office ruled Floyd's cause of death "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression." It also listed hardening and thickening of the artery walls, heart disease and drug use as "other significant conditions." Fentanyl and methamphetamine were also found in Floyd's system.

At the outset of his testimony, Fowler said Floyd had a cardiac arrhythmia due to his heart disease. The doctor listed Floyd's drug use and paraganglioma, tumors that can secrete adrenaline into the body and raise blood pressure and heart rate, as factors that played a significant role.

"All of those combined to cause Mr. Floyd's death," Fowler said.

[ Dr. David Fowler recently retired after 17 years as the chief medical examiner for the state of Maryland]

Fowler testified that Chauvin was likely transferring about 30 to 35 pounds of his 140-pound body weight onto Floyd, and that it was not enough pressure to leave any bruises on Floyd's neck or upper back, according to Baker's autopsy.

"All of [Floyd's] injuries were in the areas where [Chauvin's] knee was not," Fowler said.

Fowler testified that prone restraint was not as dangerous as prosecution witnesses have claimed, and that one study called it an "interesting hypothesis" unsupported by data.

So, do you think it is possible that the Hennepin County medical examiner might have been pressured by political forces to issue the ruling he did? Doctors differ on diagnoses and prognoses, do they not? I do not claim that anyone deliberately lied or misled anyone, but when you're going to convict somebody of a serious crime then it should be beyond a reasonable doubt that the crime was committed. In this case, I question whether that is the case and I don't need a medical or law degree to do that.

Floyd was dying---not Chauvin's fault. Chauvin was only trying to stop a large violent criminal from hurting anyone else.

Floyd was handcuffed. He was outnumbered three or four to one. He couldn't hurt anyone. Stop it.
Never been around a large violent druggy? They are more than capable of hurting 10 men....

With his hands cuffed behind his back? You are more than capable of outlandish fear and excuses.
I would be more than up to the task of controlling a handcuffed idiot.
Foolish------6'7 drugged up criminal is more than capable of causing lots of damage handcuffed or not.

Why did you not address the entire post?

You mean the part where you're quoting the medical examiner? The same medical examiner who testified that this was a homicide? Maybe we should go with what he says.

Glad we could come to an agreement.
LOL, leftist partial quoting again. Chauvin is guilty. At the very least of negligence.

So, do you think it is possible that the Hennepin County medical examiner might have been pressured by political forces to issue the ruling he did?

Possible, and very unlikely. Sounds like yet another stupid conspiracy theory that the right is so fond of.

Do you have any basis whatsoever to think that this is what happened or was that just completely fabricated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back