Chauvin Will Be Convicted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen to the closing argument at 6:00:00 ;
that's the case in a nutshell.

Closing arguments are opinion and nothing more. They often do not even reflect the evidence. Irrelevant and not part of the trial.

Spoken by someone with zero real world experience of trial - or someone incapable of grasping how trials work. Sure closings don’t matter - that’s why argument at trial was long ago abolished.
FYI, most defenses at trial hinge utterly on the defense attorney’s ability to spin the evidence and appeal to emotion in closing. You think you’re being cute, but Chauvin’s best hope at acquittal or a hung jury/mistrial was Nelson’s closing.

You don't know what you are talking about. Closing arguments don't even have to be true and many times are not. They are the lawyer's last pitch at the jury. The trial ends when both sides rest their cases which is BEFORE closing arguments. Keep running your mouth, your ignorance shows more every time you do.

Closing arguments have to be based on facts that are in evidence.

The evidence is closed, when cases are rested, but the closing arguments can certainly impact the jury

Granted that they can have an effect on a jury, but you can ask any lawyer in this country. Closing arguments don't even HAVE to be based on fact. The lawyer can tell you the sky is purple if he so desires. The trial is closed and he is just trying to influence opinion. All lawyers will try to nuance the facts of the trial--but nothing they say in closing HAS to be true.

if it’s not based on facts in evidence it’s onekctionable. Now opposing counsel doesn’t have to object, but they can

10 minutes on a dudes neck is not manslaughter. It’s gotta be second or third degree. My bet is third degree so both sides get pissed off
The "two sides" are the American people and the elite-owned media globalists dividing us. And nobody on "either side" of the racial divide has the balls to speak up and put a stop to it.
Theres one truth that we can plainly see on video. A cop killed a man by kneeling on his neck. It’s not complicated.
Didn't happen---------there would be physical damage if the knee had killed the violent criminal. There was no damage from the knee-----but there was plenty of documented damage from the drug abuse.
Damn you’re gullible. You honestly think it was just a coincidence that he had a drug induced heart attack at the exact time a cop was kneeling on his neck and he was pleading because he couldn’t breath?! Let’s just ignore the fact that the cop kept his knee on that mans lifeless body for minutes. Fuck that cop, he’s gonna have plenty of time to think about all of it behind bars
No fuck you boing boing boy. The prosecution even quit saying his knee was on druggie Floyd’s neck after the other body cam footage destroyed that arguments. Now it’s the “neck area”. Thanks for showing you didn’t watch a damn thing.
I saw all the little semantics the defense tried. But there’s a video showing everything that happened so we all saw that cop kill that man as he laid there begging for his life and then died while that cop remained on top of him. Off to jail with the pig and another failed argument for you to chalk up to the big bad deep state or whomever else’s you're surely gonna blame for being wrong again.
Sorry fuckwit. YOU fail to state that the prosecution changed their story. Your video (from ONE angle idiot) got countered by police body cam footage. Another point you fail at. Your blithering and blubbering about a video while ignoring all the other evidence shows you to be a hack who doesn’t care about justice. See asshole, doxxing jurors is not necessary if you have a case. Turn again loser.
I don’t need angles. I don’t care if his knee was on his neck or upper back or back area or whatever you want to call it. That argument is a distraction and irrelevant. Nobody is claiming strangulation. You can’t seem to make an argument without childish insults. That shows you speak with emotion over intellect. Try stepping it up a bit if you want to land some substantial.
And there we have it. The typical libtard reactions of “I don’t care” about facts, just feels. You don’t care are about facts asshole. Where did I say strangulation boy? You have to invent shit because you can’t defend your pathetic whining. You’re the one who needs to step up. You made no coherent argument, just screeching about one angle from a video. But you don’t care about truth.
typical dumbass, you need to lie to make an argument. I didn’t say I don’t care about facts. Facts are great as long as they are relevant. You were bringing up irrelevant facts as I pointed out and now you’re responding by lying about my words. I never claimed you said strangulation but that’s what would make the knee on the neck issue relevant which you were trying to steer the discussion towards. You following? Doubt it.
Now backpedaling. Your words “I don t care about another angle”. YOUR WORDS. You didn’t care about ALL the evidence. Just what you wanted to see. You’re jumping all over the place inserting random bullshit to cover your ignorance. Your words again. “Nobody is claiming strangulation”. I never mentioned it so why deflect to that? Seems you’re the one lost here. As usual.
Yes I don’t care about the other angle showing something that is not relevant to anything substantial in this debate. Did you not understand that? Did you think when I said I don’t care about another angle you thought I meant I don’t care about facts? Are you that dumb?

Why would I care about polluting the discussing with irrelevant things? You brought up another angle to try and pin point where the cops knee was exactly sitting. That doesn’t matter so why would I care. Knee can be on his neck, back or back areas. Doesn’t matter. Now I’m repeating myself because you don’t seem to understand basic shit. Do you get it now?
Who cares? Another worthless Junkie bit the dust. Jury should rule 'Justifiable".
Justified because the guy was a “junkie”?! That has zero relevance. You lose
That guy was destined to catch a bullet or OD. Or do 50 years. Like I said, no human involved.
Again irrelevant... you lose again
It is relevant. Hopefully ,at least ONE guy on Jury has been assaulted or mugged.
Who Floyd was has nothing to do with a cop killing him. That’s what’s on trial. Cops don’t have license to abuser their power and kill people. Guess you’re too dumb to understand that.
Are you to dumb to get that the cop didnt kill floyd---that his drug abuse did.
We all saw the cop kill Floyd. To say it was drugs is straight up retarded

Retarded? I am not the idiot claiming a knee to the back of the back and neck would kill a huge ass grown man especially with no damage done--no broken bones, no bruising etc. Its stupid to keep claiming that enough pressure was exerted to kill him...when it clearly did not and could not.

He died of drug overdose....putting a knee on a 6'7 violent criminal does not kill them no matter how much you try to pretend otherwise. If this was all it took, all those massage parlors and thousands of other cops putting a knee or flat out standing on the back of grown men would have a stack of bodies miles high.

All it takes is one jurist to vote differently from the other 11 to get a hung jury and a mistrial. Which is where I think this trial is heading, Chauvin probably won't be acquitted but not found guilty either. It's possible the jury might find him guilty of the lowest charge; I think some on that jury are intimidated by the mobs outside, they've gotta know that their names and addresses will eventually be leaked.
i believe he’ll be convicted of manslaughter...the dnc brown shirts will riot and attempt an insurrection...the case will be overturned on appeal due to the Dems threats of violence and call insurrection. Then we will see if Minn wants to retry the guy...maybe a plea for time served on manslaughter will be given
I predict he will be set free--momentarily, then they will file a federal civil rights suit which he will lose--Just like the Rodney King case.

Closing arguments are opinion and nothing more. They often do not even reflect the evidence. Irrelevant and not part of the trial.

Spoken by someone with zero real world experience of trial - or someone incapable of grasping how trials work. Sure closings don’t matter - that’s why argument at trial was long ago abolished.
FYI, most defenses at trial hinge utterly on the defense attorney’s ability to spin the evidence and appeal to emotion in closing. You think you’re being cute, but Chauvin’s best hope at acquittal or a hung jury/mistrial was Nelson’s closing.

You don't know what you are talking about. Closing arguments don't even have to be true and many times are not. They are the lawyer's last pitch at the jury. The trial ends when both sides rest their cases which is BEFORE closing arguments. Keep running your mouth, your ignorance shows more every time you do.

The evidence is closed, when cases are rested, but the closing arguments can certainly impact the jury

Granted that they can have an effect on a jury, but you can ask any lawyer in this country. Closing arguments don't even HAVE to be based on fact. The lawyer can tell you the sky is purple if he so desires. The trial is closed and he is just trying to influence opinion. All lawyers will try to nuance the facts of the trial--but nothing they say in closing HAS to be true.

if it’s not based on facts in evidence it’s onekctionable. Now opposing counsel doesn’t have to object, but they can

The trial is closed--no objections are allowed in closing arguments.

10 minutes on a dudes neck is not manslaughter. It’s gotta be second or third degree. My bet is third degree so both sides get pissed off
The "two sides" are the American people and the elite-owned media globalists dividing us. And nobody on "either side" of the racial divide has the balls to speak up and put a stop to it.
Theres one truth that we can plainly see on video. A cop killed a man by kneeling on his neck. It’s not complicated.
Didn't happen---------there would be physical damage if the knee had killed the violent criminal. There was no damage from the knee-----but there was plenty of documented damage from the drug abuse.
Damn you’re gullible. You honestly think it was just a coincidence that he had a drug induced heart attack at the exact time a cop was kneeling on his neck and he was pleading because he couldn’t breath?! Let’s just ignore the fact that the cop kept his knee on that mans lifeless body for minutes. Fuck that cop, he’s gonna have plenty of time to think about all of it behind bars
No fuck you boing boing boy. The prosecution even quit saying his knee was on druggie Floyd’s neck after the other body cam footage destroyed that arguments. Now it’s the “neck area”. Thanks for showing you didn’t watch a damn thing.
I saw all the little semantics the defense tried. But there’s a video showing everything that happened so we all saw that cop kill that man as he laid there begging for his life and then died while that cop remained on top of him. Off to jail with the pig and another failed argument for you to chalk up to the big bad deep state or whomever else’s you're surely gonna blame for being wrong again.
Sorry fuckwit. YOU fail to state that the prosecution changed their story. Your video (from ONE angle idiot) got countered by police body cam footage. Another point you fail at. Your blithering and blubbering about a video while ignoring all the other evidence shows you to be a hack who doesn’t care about justice. See asshole, doxxing jurors is not necessary if you have a case. Turn again loser.
I don’t need angles. I don’t care if his knee was on his neck or upper back or back area or whatever you want to call it. That argument is a distraction and irrelevant. Nobody is claiming strangulation. You can’t seem to make an argument without childish insults. That shows you speak with emotion over intellect. Try stepping it up a bit if you want to land some substantial.
And there we have it. The typical libtard reactions of “I don’t care” about facts, just feels. You don’t care are about facts asshole. Where did I say strangulation boy? You have to invent shit because you can’t defend your pathetic whining. You’re the one who needs to step up. You made no coherent argument, just screeching about one angle from a video. But you don’t care about truth.
typical dumbass, you need to lie to make an argument. I didn’t say I don’t care about facts. Facts are great as long as they are relevant. You were bringing up irrelevant facts as I pointed out and now you’re responding by lying about my words. I never claimed you said strangulation but that’s what would make the knee on the neck issue relevant which you were trying to steer the discussion towards. You following? Doubt it.
Now backpedaling. Your words “I don t care about another angle”. YOUR WORDS. You didn’t care about ALL the evidence. Just what you wanted to see. You’re jumping all over the place inserting random bullshit to cover your ignorance. Your words again. “Nobody is claiming strangulation”. I never mentioned it so why deflect to that? Seems you’re the one lost here. As usual.
Yes I don’t care about the other angle showing something that is not relevant to anything substantial in this debate. Did you not understand that? Did you think when I said I don’t care about another angle you thought I meant I don’t care about facts? Are you that dumb?

Why would I care about polluting the discussing with irrelevant things? You brought up another angle to try and pin point where the cops knee was exactly sitting. That doesn’t matter so why would I care. Knee can be on his neck, back or back areas. Doesn’t matter. Now I’m repeating myself because you don’t seem to understand basic shit. Do you get it now?
Who cares? Another worthless Junkie bit the dust. Jury should rule 'Justifiable".
That guy was destined to catch a bullet or OD. Or do 50 years. Like I said, no human involved.
It is relevant. Hopefully ,at least ONE guy on Jury has been assaulted or mugged.
Who Floyd was has nothing to do with a cop killing him. That’s what’s on trial. Cops don’t have license to abuser their power and kill people. Guess you’re too dumb to understand that.
I think it was both !!
He was on big league drugs but this information is classified in court
He had meth and Fentanyl in his system---this is a deadly combo. He died of drugs-----People don't die from pressure put on their back neck area without it leaving broken bones and especially bruising. The Human race never would have survived this long if they did.

IMO second-degree manslaughter is the best they'll be able to prove. But even that is questionable given the drugs in Floyd's system. We shall see. I'd brace for rioting.

He will only be convicted if a cowardly jury caves in to terrorist threats.
Charges against Chauvin:
Chauvin is charged with second-degree unintentional murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter. He could be convicted on all of the charges, some or none. The case comes down to two key questions — whether Chauvin caused Floyd's death and whether his actions were reasonable — and each charge requires a different element of proof as to Chauvin's state of mind.
As I understand it, the jury must render a separate verdict on each of the three charges. If they vote Not Guilty on two of the charges and cannot reach a verdict on the third, it's a hung jury....on that charge. The other two are dismissed and a retrial would be limited to the unresolved charge.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Brainless!

Calling it childish is an insult to children.
;)

I'm betting money. Second degree murder, third degree or manslaughter, most likely one of the latter two. But Chauvin is not innocent. Nine minutes on the man's neck? Come on man.

How to watch Derek Chauvin trial, closing arguments, verdict | Charlotte Observer

The jury lives in Hennepin County, if they vote to exonerate, they will be lynched by the BLM/Antifa/Coffee Party mobs.

They know that as well, and will never vote for innocence. Better for them for Chauvin to fry than to have their homes burned down.

If I were on the jury, I'd feign a heart attack or other medical emergency.
They also understand now that Maxine's diatribe opens the door for a mistrial so they can vote to convict and STILL be safe while knowing he'll get another bite at the apple. If he followed training procedures then he needs to be acquitted but our "justice" system doesn't have much "justice" on offer any longer. Waters threatened the jurors openly and that ignorant bitch needs to be held accountable before she sets another city on fire. Fecking racist rabble-rouser...
It would have been hysterical if the judge called a mistrial based on her statements. What would the "protesters" have done?

Floyd was dying---not Chauvin's fault. Chauvin was only trying to stop a large violent criminal from hurting anyone else.

Floyd was handcuffed. He was outnumbered three or four to one. He couldn't hurt anyone. Stop it.
Never been around a large violent druggy? They are more than capable of hurting 10 men....

With his hands cuffed behind his back? You are more than capable of outlandish fear and excuses.
I would be more than up to the task of controlling a handcuffed idiot.

I'm betting money. Second degree murder, third degree or manslaughter, most likely one of the latter two. But Chauvin is not innocent. Nine minutes on the man's neck? Come on man.

How to watch Derek Chauvin trial, closing arguments, verdict | Charlotte Observer
I am betting a hung jury. The evidence is over-whelmingly in support of his innocence and the media distorted to the narrative once again. However, the black jurors already made up there minds (blacks see no irony convicting an innocent man simply because of his race, so hypocritical) and a few white jurors will convict out of cowardness; however, there will be at least 3 brave white jurors that vote not guilty
There is no distortion there is a video. The cop sat on the handcuffed man for 10 minutes as he pled it for his life and then he died and the cop kept sitting on him. Murder. Simple
Floyd killed himself with drugs. Foaming at the mouth is not caused by physical constraint. Toxicology reports show lethal concentration of fentanyl. Floyd ate too much of it and died.
Doctors debunked that at the trial. Pay attention you sound like a right wing talking points puppet and it’s pathetic.
Has a doctor ever made an error.
Has a doctor ever lied.
Yes and Yes, what's your point?

We all saw the cop kill Floyd. To say it was drugs is straight up retarded

Retarded? I am not the idiot claiming a knee to the back of the back and neck would kill a huge ass grown man especially with no damage done--no broken bones, no bruising etc. Its stupid to keep claiming that enough pressure was exerted to kill him...when it clearly did not and could not.

He died of drug overdose....putting a knee on a 6'7 violent criminal does not kill them no matter how much you try to pretend otherwise. If this was all it took, all those massage parlors and thousands of other cops putting a knee or flat out standing on the back of grown men would have a stack of bodies miles high.
When the man is panicking and struggling to breath and the officer does nothing to respond to him crying for his life then yes he becomes responsible for that mans death. You don't stay sitting on top of him, it's just common sense. It's like standing there and watching a man drown after pushing him in the water. How is this confusing to you and why are defending such evil?

Wanting a 100:1 safety net says YOU [Toro] are the pansy-ass snowflake . Bet him [ChemEngineer] $1000.

You know, Asaratis my Friend, I'll also wager it would be simpler and less painful for me to write a check for $1,000 than for Lefty to pony up $10. And you know something about me, n'est-ce pas?

I think it was both !!
He was on big league drugs but this information is classified in court
He had meth and Fentanyl in his system---this is a deadly combo. He died of drugs-----People don't die from pressure put on their back neck area without it leaving broken bones and especially bruising. The Human race never would have survived this long if they did.
Nobody is claiming that Floyd died from pressure on his back. You didn't watch the trial did you? You should pay attention to the actual case if you are going to have such confident opinions on it. He is not being charged with 1st degree murder with is intent to kill. He is being charged with 2nd and 3rd degree murder and manslaughter. Do yourself a favor and look up what each of those are

I am betting a hung jury. The evidence is over-whelmingly in support of his innocence and the media distorted to the narrative once again. However, the black jurors already made up there minds (blacks see no irony convicting an innocent man simply because of his race, so hypocritical) and a few white jurors will convict out of cowardness; however, there will be at least 3 brave white jurors that vote not guilty
There is no distortion there is a video. The cop sat on the handcuffed man for 10 minutes as he pled it for his life and then he died and the cop kept sitting on him. Murder. Simple
Floyd killed himself with drugs. Foaming at the mouth is not caused by physical constraint. Toxicology reports show lethal concentration of fentanyl. Floyd ate too much of it and died.
Doctors debunked that at the trial. Pay attention you sound like a right wing talking points puppet and it’s pathetic.
Has a doctor ever lied.
That they were either mistaken or lied. They did not debunk anything. The proof is in the toxicology report.

Pay attention and you may avoid appearing to be stupid.

BTW, my two question were rhetorical (hence no question marks) and your answers were unnecessary.

NO, defendants NEVER sit in orange and shackled during a trial. Sitting in orange and being shackled would be highly prejudicial to the defendant. It doesn’t happen in front of a jury. Being dressed in regular clothes and not cuffed supports the presumption of innocence enshrined in our constitution.

Constitution is a proper noun, counselor. Having graduated from a top 15, you should know that.

Has a doctor ever lied.
That they were either mistaken or lied. They did not debunk anything. The proof is in the toxicology report.

Pay attention and you may avoid appearing to be stupid.

BTW, my two question were rhetorical (hence no question marks) and your answers were unnecessary.
The proof is in the video. You can't hide from that. Drugs did not sit on Flyod and ignore his cries for his life and they did not continue sitting on him after he took his last breath. Why are you defending such evil? Especially from a guy who is paid to protect and serve. Its disgusting.

The trial is closed--no objections are allowed in closing arguments.

Yes they certainly are

A closing argument may not contain any new information and may only use evidence introduced at trial. It is not customary to raise objections during closing arguments, except for egregious behavior.[1] However, such objections, when made, can prove critical later in order to preserve appellate issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back