Chauvin and Systemic Racism

It’s impossible to determine if race was a factor in that incident.

Agreed. So Biden and Kamala Harris should stop making into a racial issue. I didn’t watch the trial, but I saw the video and thought there was excessive force. I’m not surprised they convicted the cop.

No disagreement there.

In my opinion, this should be about police incompetence and accountability.

To be honest I don’t think this is a wide spread problem. I find it hard to believe it is. This cop that committed this murder did so in front of an audience filming him. Hard to imagine a more brazen act than that: I personally think this is a rare instance, rather than representative of a wide spread problem.

That’s interesting. I looked at Chauvin’s terrible act the way you did.

But look at how many people here were defending Chauvin. So eager to lick his boots despite what we all saw.

In my opinion, police officers have been politicized (like everything else). I can’t think of any other profession that has so many people ready to attack them or ready to defend them regardless of what they do.
Still statically speaking this doesn’t seem like a common occurrence. If you listened to some people you would think these instances happen all the time. I believe most cop’s are better than Chauvin
Think about all of the incidents that occurred before everyone had a video recording cell phone in their pocket.

If the murder of George Floyd was an example of systemic racism as most of the News Entertainment Media says then why wasn’t Derek Chauvin charged with a hate crime or violation of civil rights?

Is it possible that Chauvin was just a bad cop?

It is possible he was just a bad cop. The available evidence doesn't speak to his motives. It is however not important what they were in order to come to the conclusion that systemic racism does exist within law enforcement and people of colour certainly have a point when they claim they are treated differently by cops.

That's why they assume that whenever something like this happens and is has happened a lot that racism is a factor.

Real or not in the Chauvin case, the fact that this is the default assumption ( the not unreasonable assumption) by the black community speaks to the need for meaningful change within law enforcement.
It's an unreasonable assumption brought to us by a culture that romantizes criminals and doesn't care about the victims they create and they desperately look to blame whitey for all of their own bad life choices. EVERY one of them is either a moror or a prejudice moron looking to blame others or a combo of the two.

If the murder of George Floyd was an example of systemic racism as most of the News Entertainment Media says then why wasn’t Derek Chauvin charged with a hate crime or violation of civil rights?

Prosecution did a good job of limiting the charges to what they knew they could prove. Maybe he didn't have a social media posting history or US Message board posting history, showing racist remarks. Does not mean it was or wasn't, but by sticking to the easily proved, it was a slam dunk. Over charging and under delivering will sometimes piss a jury off and mess up the whole outcome.
Is it possible he was a bad cop but not a racist?
Of course it's possible that he could be just a bad cop and not racist but how probable is that theory?

If I wanted to test it, I would look at the complaints filed against him and see if he treats other white males in the same manner as he does non-whites. If he doesn't I believe the courts allow an inference to be made that his motivation for treating non-whites in the manner he does is more probable than not, one of racism.
I do not think the prior complaints have been released from behind the blue curtain of silence.
I've seen people refer to the prior complaints against Chauvin but that type of documentation is supposed to be produced in response to a public records request. At least that's how it is in my state and how it's supposed to work everywhere else as far as I know. That's what FOIA is all about although that's restricted to federal government agencies (freedom of information act).

The way it was explained to me is that "the people" have the right to know (and presumably review) how our representatives/civil servants are spending their time while working on our behalf (on behalf of "the people"). Things such as credit card statements if the card is used to pay for travel, lodging and other expenses while conducting business on behalf of the people are fair game.

The number one grounds upon which they can legitimately refuse to produce the requested items are if they are a part of an open/on-going investigation. Another way I've seen them get around having to produce information of this nature is to refuse to collect it in the first place. It has only been within the last decade that someone began compiling statistics on police use of force resulting in death, which I find pretty mind boggling although I guess I can understand why they wouldn't want to collect that type of data.

Prosecution did a good job of limiting the charges to what they knew they could prove. Maybe he didn't have a social media posting history or US Message board posting history, showing racist remarks. Does not mean it was or wasn't, but by sticking to the easily proved, it was a slam dunk. Over charging and under delivering will sometimes piss a jury off and mess up the whole outcome.

Is it possible he was just an average, OK, everyday cop unfortunately faced with a 6' 6" black dude hopped up on drugs that three strong cops couldn't get into the back of their car that took so much force to try to gain control of the guy that it was just too much for him in his ODed state, then made into a racial issue by the nation?
The look in his eyes was that of enjoyment. That is what got him in the end IMO.
Dead eyes, reminded me of a friggin shark.

It’s impossible to determine if race was a factor in that incident.

Agreed. So Biden and Kamala Harris should stop making into a racial issue. I didn’t watch the trial, but I saw the video and thought there was excessive force. I’m not surprised they convicted the cop.

No disagreement there.

In my opinion, this should be about police incompetence and accountability.

To be honest I don’t think this is a wide spread problem. I find it hard to believe it is. This cop that committed this murder did so in front of an audience filming him. Hard to imagine a more brazen act than that: I personally think this is a rare instance, rather than representative of a wide spread problem.

No, believe me, at least a third of all cops are just as bad as Chauvin, if not worse.
Even the DC cop that shot Ashlie Babbitt could easily have missed and shot one of the 2 cops standing next to her.
Ohio police just shot Ma'Khia Bryant 4 times after she attacked someone with a knife, but not only did they not have to shoot 4 times, but the victim was right behind the assailant, and a miss would likely have killed the victim instead.
So there is REALLY something terribly wrong with police.
They no longer seem to want to use clubs, get close, or fire warning shots like they always used to.
Modern police seem to not know anything at all about how to be police?

Wow! A third? Go ahead and throw that hard data I know have up here on the board so we can all see just how bad they are. I'm actually impressed by the marksmanship of those officers. Just a few years ago 6 NY City cops started shooting at one guy ( a white guy) they were trying to arrest. After about 30 rounds were fired, they had hit the guy once, wounded 2 bystanders and another cop.

And I wonder what you would be thinking if three cops showed up and a black girl with a knife was preparing to stab you. Maybe, aww, just talk to her, or maybe, take your baton out, circle for an opening and swat that nasty knife away or maybe the cops will call a public service officer who is trained for counseling and talk to this poor, misunderstood girl. By the time any of that happened you would probably have a collapsed lung, multiple stomach and colon lacerations, but you would win the woke prize.

My reaction to being attacked with police present - I want hear all those Glock 17s or 26s being lit up. I want those magazines emptied - maybe a reload if necessary.

Oh, I love the warning shot thing. Physics teaches us that what goes up generally comes down. In a dense area, that bullet is going to being coming down fast - I know I don't be under it. Oh and "use clubs" - yeah, right let's get another Rodney King thing going.

Anyway, keep reaching and before you know it, you'll have a grasp on reality.

Cheers

Derek Chauvin is a hero. He prevented this from happening. Exact same scenario. Black having an overdose. Black wakes up. Black murders a fireman who saved his life. Etc. So sick of law enforcement and firemen treating Blacks as if they are special when they are generally savages and liars. But since the ADL commands Europhobic policy, it must be obeyed.

In all honesty, the cop should have put a bullet in that beast's head when they subdued him after he murdered the guy who saved his life.

Last edited:
Xpo, that jury was apparently exposed to the fake news narrative throughout. I assumed otherwise. I assumed that they would base a decision on the facts not propaganda. And to hear that obese alternate juror say that fake ass "dr" Tobin confirmed to her Cry Baby Floyd was choked out from a knee to the back? This is scary. Retards should not be on juries. For example, after OJ cut the throats of his victims, the jurors simply tried to give it to "the man" by claiming he was not guilty when everyone on Earth knew he slaughtered those people. The black prosecutor actually did a nursery rhyme type of thing in this case like they did in the OJ case.

Last edited:
Xpo, that jury was apparently exposed to the fake news narrative throughout.

Just as I predicted that you guys would throw a crybaby hissy fit when your guy lost.

I agree with the verdict but the jury was compromised.

Just as I predicted that you guys would throw a crybaby hissy fit when your guy lost.

Trumpsters whine like little crybabies every single time they lose.

I saw this coming.

I saw this coming.
I said “I agree with the verdict”. That to a deranged leftist = whining? I have seen it all? What’s next a Trans Republican running for Governor in Cali?

I saw this coming.
I said “I agree with the verdict”. That to a deranged leftist = whining? I have seen it all? What’s next a Trans Republican running for Governor in Cali?

Looks like whining to me, snowflake.

I saw this coming.

Care to explain how? Leftist, this was my quote “I agree with the verdict”. You are one deranged dude. Just cause you’re gay doesn’t mean you have to act crazy.

I saw this coming.

Care to explain how? Leftist, this was my quote “I agree with the verdict”. You are one deranged dude. Just cause you’re gay doesn’t mean you have to act crazy.

Our legal process is fine, Trumpster.

I saw this coming.

Never said it wasn’t, leftist. But juries may be compromised too. You disagree, leftist?

Last edited:

I saw this coming.

Never said it wasn’t, leftist. But juries may be compromised too. You disagree, leftist?

There is no indication that the jury's decision was not because that's what they believed the correct ruling should be. And if there is an indication of that, then our legal system will sort it all out with or without your Trumpster tears.

You're just being a whiny snowflake. Very common for Trumpsters lately.

he was a cop that watched and invested fifteen minutes of his time and his fellow officers to try and detain Floyd in a car. The energy they expended was futile. The actions were directly related to the resistance of Floyd, and that is all. In my own mind, shit even in the mind of the girl that was with him was just get in the car. The fact he wouldn't would piss any human off. Until you come up with a solution to gain compliance we will see these types of encounters. Shit, I'm all for a cop having a bottle of chloroform and put the suspect out and place them in the car gracefully and avoid all this nonsense of resistance.

New Topics

Forum List

Back