Chauvin and Systemic Racism

If the murder of George Floyd was an example of systemic racism as most of the News Entertainment Media says then why wasn’t Derek Chauvin charged with a hate crime or violation of civil rights?

Is it possible that Chauvin was just a bad cop?

Prosecution did a good job of limiting the charges to what they knew they could prove. Maybe he didn't have a social media posting history or US Message board posting history, showing racist remarks. Does not mean it was or wasn't, but by sticking to the easily proved, it was a slam dunk. Over charging and under delivering will sometimes piss a jury off and mess up the whole outcome.
Jury intimidation is easily proven. Hell, Lefties all over the country, including Polident Pelosi are admitting they'd not have gotten a conviction but for the activism. So, mistrial and do-over.
The BEST part is the hateful ray-sus unibrows in the inner-city plantations are about to get their wish - police are leaving in droves :) Let those blue shitholes BURN...
Kind of doubt that will fly. Good luck to ya, though. You really don't think he killed that guy, huh? So you are part of the 25% of the public instead of the 75% and part of the 45% of republicans the think that, instead of the 65% that agree with the verdict. I'll go with the jury and 75% of Americans. There will be some kind of appeal, I'm pretty sure.

If the murder of George Floyd was an example of systemic racism as most of the News Entertainment Media says then why wasn’t Derek Chauvin charged with a hate crime or violation of civil rights?

Prosecution did a good job of limiting the charges to what they knew they could prove. Maybe he didn't have a social media posting history or US Message board posting history, showing racist remarks. Does not mean it was or wasn't, but by sticking to the easily proved, it was a slam dunk. Over charging and under delivering will sometimes piss a jury off and mess up the whole outcome.
Jury intimidation is easily proven. Hell, Lefties all over the country, including Polident Pelosi are admitting they'd not have gotten a conviction but for the activism. So, mistrial and do-over.
The BEST part is the hateful ray-sus unibrows in the inner-city plantations are about to get their wish - police are leaving in droves :) Let those blue shitholes BURN...
Kind of doubt that will fly. Good luck to ya, though. You really don't think he killed that guy, huh? So you are part of the 25% of the public instead of the 75% and part of the 45% of republicans the think that, instead of the 65% that agree with the verdict. I'll go with the jury and 75% of Americans. There will be some kind of appeal, I'm pretty sure.
Appeal because of what Waters said. Compromised the jury...potentially

Doubt it.

That’s quite true. There were people on the cop’s side even though they didn’t follow the trial. At the same there are people who thought he was guilty without being privy to the details of the trial. I didn’t watch any of the trial, but recently saw the video of the cop’s knee of Floyd’s neck when Floyd was unconscious. Hard to find an excuse for that kind of behavior. Still statically speaking this doesn’t seem like a common occurrence. If you listened to some people you would think these instances happen all the time. I believe most cop’s are better than Chauvin

I agree that most cops are better than Chauvin. But I do believe the issue goes well beyond him.

Take that incident for example. You and I agree that Chauvin slowly murdered Floyd in broad daylight in front of several witnesses. The people watching were extremely concerned about Floyd's safety and Chauvin did nothing about that. He kept applying pressure on his neck well past the time that Floyd stopped resisting and well past when he even went unconscious. It was terrible.

Now consider that fact that there were THREE OTHER POLICE OFFICERS THERE WHEN IT HAPPENED. Not one of them did a single thing about it. How does that happen?

In my opinion, this is an example of what I would consider a systemic issue within the police ranks. They have their bad apples like Chauvin but worse yet is that they do a terrible job of policing their own. While most police officers are better than Chauvin and wouldn't murder someone like that, we can also see that they also won't DO anything about the officers who will.

I can argue the same when it comes to fairly recent situations like Eric Garner and Caron Nazrio. One cop acting like a jackass. The other ones complicit with the jackass.

The other officers probably should have lost their jobs. Personally I don’t believe they should have faced criminal charges. The senior officer at the scene was Chauvin and the other cops I believe were rookies. They should have stepped in, I’m not saying they shouldn’t have, but the dynamics of Chauvin being the top and them being new to the job should have been taken into consideration

If they were straight out of the academy and didn't think to intervene when the suspect is being murdered right in front of them, then their entire academy needs to be looked at very closely. What the hell are they training them to do?

Were they not trained to check on the well-being of the suspect they are detaining when he goes unconscious? Are they trained to not question their fellow police officer when he's murdering someone right in front of them? If the onlookers can have the basic common sense to see that Floyd's life was in danger, then why can't the other officers see that and do something about it? I don't think that's asking a lot.

Furthermore, the fact that Chauvin was a field training officer despite his numerous complaints just doesn't sit well with me.

This single incident looks like several layers of incompetence that goes well beyond Chauvin. At least that's my $0.02.

Doubt it.
That is what the judge said. Don't take my word for it.

That’s quite true. There were people on the cop’s side even though they didn’t follow the trial. At the same there are people who thought he was guilty without being privy to the details of the trial. I didn’t watch any of the trial, but recently saw the video of the cop’s knee of Floyd’s neck when Floyd was unconscious. Hard to find an excuse for that kind of behavior. Still statically speaking this doesn’t seem like a common occurrence. If you listened to some people you would think these instances happen all the time. I believe most cop’s are better than Chauvin

I agree that most cops are better than Chauvin. But I do believe the issue goes well beyond him.

Take that incident for example. You and I agree that Chauvin slowly murdered Floyd in broad daylight in front of several witnesses. The people watching were extremely concerned about Floyd's safety and Chauvin did nothing about that. He kept applying pressure on his neck well past the time that Floyd stopped resisting and well past when he even went unconscious. It was terrible.

Now consider that fact that there were THREE OTHER POLICE OFFICERS THERE WHEN IT HAPPENED. Not one of them did a single thing about it. How does that happen?

In my opinion, this is an example of what I would consider a systemic issue within the police ranks. They have their bad apples like Chauvin but worse yet is that they do a terrible job of policing their own. While most police officers are better than Chauvin and wouldn't murder someone like that, we can also see that they also won't DO anything about the officers who will.

I can argue the same when it comes to fairly recent situations like Eric Garner and Caron Nazrio. One cop acting like a jackass. The other ones complicit with the jackass.

The other officers probably should have lost their jobs. Personally I don’t believe they should have faced criminal charges. The senior officer at the scene was Chauvin and the other cops I believe were rookies. They should have stepped in, I’m not saying they shouldn’t have, but the dynamics of Chauvin being the top and them being new to the job should have been taken into consideration

If they were straight out of the academy and didn't think to intervene when the suspect is being murdered right in front of them, then their entire academy needs to be looked at very closely. What the hell are they training them to do?

Were they not trained to check on the well-being of the suspect they are detaining when he goes unconscious? Are they trained to not question their fellow police officer when he's murdering someone right in front of them? If the onlookers can have the basic common sense to see that Floyd's life was in danger, then why can't the other officers see that and do something about it? I don't think that's asking a lot.

Furthermore, the fact that Chauvin was a field training officer despite his numerous complaints just doesn't sit well with me.

This single incident looks like several layers of incompetence that goes well beyond Chauvin. At least that's my $0.02.
The deranged leftist is correct. Academy training is too short. Navy Seals train 18 mos for six month deployment. Cops train nine months for a lifetime of police duty.

Toughen the work rules to start. No maternity leave. No time of the month off. No false sick days. No calling in for no one to watch the kids. No time off for fake injuries. More people on the streets instead of in the precinct buildings. A good beginning.

Systemic Racism suggests that the system is racist ( or at least bias against a race) not necessarily that the individuals that make up the system are racist.

Systemic Racism suggests that the system is racist ( or at least bias against a race) not necessarily that the individuals that make up the system are racist.
I know and the system isn't racist but there are racists in the system.

Doubt it.
Have heard. Also heard jury was sequestered at time loud mouth waters spoke. Still doubt it. She just pissed off the judge, and rightfully so.

Doubt it.
Have heard. Also heard jury was sequestered at time loud mouth waters spoke. Still doubt it. She just pissed off the judge, and rightfully so.
Wrong. They were sequestered on Monday and she made her comments on Saturday. Are you ever factual?

Doubt it.
Wrong. They were sequestered on Monday and she made her comments on Saturday. Are you ever factual?
Just didn't know the date, but read article saying sequestered. Look, if it wasn't about that, it would be about something else. All it takes is money and the will to make an appeal for any reason. You almost always have a right to appeal.

Doubt it.
Just didn't know the date, but read article saying sequestered. Look, if it wasn't about that, it would be about something else. All it takes is money and the will to make an appeal for any reason. You almost always have a right to appeal.
So you know more than the trial judge? I am taking his word for it.

Doubt it.
I heard the trial judge. i figure, like I said, he's just pissed at waters for mouthing off while he had a trial going, and like I said, rightfully so. What part did you not understand?

Doubt it.
I heard the trial judge. i figure, like I said, he's just pissed at waters for mouthing off while he had a trial going, and like I said, rightfully so. What part did you not understand?
"Doubt it." --- This.

You said you doubt they can appeal because of what Waters said but the trial judge disagrees.

Doubt it.
"Doubt it." --- This.

You said you doubt they can appeal because of what Waters said but the trial judge disagrees.
Don't worry Zog. I am sure there will be an appeal and not at all surprise if they try to use it. Just not at all convinced it will be overturned because of it. Nobody went into this thinking there would be no appeals.
Jury may convict that kid that was underage kid that had his AR-15 and that will be appealed also. If there is good funding controlled by the convicted or donated by advocacy groups, there is always an appeal. Lawyers want the money. It is how they make their living. A trial like this could be a money maker all the way to the supreme court.

Doubt it.
"Doubt it." --- This.

Don't worry Zog. I am sure there will be an appeal and not at all surprise if they try to use it. Just not at all convinced it will be overturned because of it. Nobody went into this thinking there would be no appeals.
Jury may convict that kid that was underage kid that had his AR-15 and that will be appealed also. If there is good funding controlled by the convicted or donated by advocacy groups, there is always an appeal. Lawyers want the money. It is how they make their living. A trial like this could be a money maker all the way to the supreme court.
Not saying it will be overturned. My argument is that Maxine Waters gave them grounds for appeal because she could not keep her stupid mouth shut. You're not understanding me.

As you so nicely set up for the answer....PROVING a hate crime is never easy.......and a violation of civil rights would have been a federal court option as it was with the Rodney King trial. I doubt the feds will bother now....but they could have.

As you so nicely set up for the answer....PROVING a hate crime is never easy.......and a violation of civil rights would have been a federal court option as it was with the Rodney King trial. I doubt the feds will bother now....but they could have.
It is pretty easy. If Chauvin shouted racial slurs or his fellow cops had evidence that he was a racist. Are you ever not a complete tard?

I think they already violated double jeopardy by convicting him of three crimes already.
That's not how double jeopardy works - you can't be convicted more than once for the SAME crime. Chauvin was charged with 3 different violations for the act he against George Floyd that resulted in his death.

A good example I can think of is after the police officers were acquitted in the Rodney King beating incident (I'm guessing for excessive force), the U.S. DOJ's Crime Rights Division tried him for violations of King's right. They were able to get a conviction on that charge and the officers did time for it.

If Chauvin had been acquitted he could not be charged again at the state level but the DOJ could have opted to charge him with a violation of George Floyd's right like they did with Rodney King. Fortunately the jury found him guilty on all 3 charges.

New Topics

Forum List

Back