Chauvin and Systemic Racism

If the murder of George Floyd was an example of systemic racism as most of the News Entertainment Media says then why wasn’t Derek Chauvin charged with a hate crime or violation of civil rights?

Is it possible that Chauvin was just a bad cop?

Prosecution did a good job of limiting the charges to what they knew they could prove. Maybe he didn't have a social media posting history or US Message board posting history, showing racist remarks. Does not mean it was or wasn't, but by sticking to the easily proved, it was a slam dunk. Over charging and under delivering will sometimes piss a jury off and mess up the whole outcome.
Is it possible he was a bad cop but not a racist?

Is it possible he was just an average, OK, everyday cop unfortunately faced with a 6' 6" black dude hopped up on drugs that three strong cops couldn't get into the back of their car that took so much force to try to gain control of the guy that it was just too much for him in his ODed state, then made into a racial issue by the nation?

If the murder of George Floyd was an example of systemic racism as most of the News Entertainment Media says then why wasn’t Derek Chauvin charged with a hate crime or violation of civil rights?

Biden is correct that historical systemic racism is related to the near impossibility of convicting a white cop of killing blacks. But charging Derek with a hate crime would have been a bridge too far. Nobody can know what was in his head as he knelt on a man's neck for 9 and 1/2 minutes.

But seeing how he has 18 other complaints involving excessive force, it is a pretty reasonable assumption to make that he's a bad cop - worst of the worst actually.

Prosecution did a good job of limiting the charges to what they knew they could prove. Maybe he didn't have a social media posting history or US Message board posting history, showing racist remarks. Does not mean it was or wasn't, but by sticking to the easily proved, it was a slam dunk. Over charging and under delivering will sometimes piss a jury off and mess up the whole outcome.

Yes

Of course it's possible that he could be just a bad cop and not racist but how probable is that theory?

If I wanted to test it, I would look at the complaints filed against him and see if he treats other white males in the same manner as he does non-whites. If he doesn't I believe the courts allow an inference to be made that his motivation for treating non-whites in the manner he does is more probable than not, one of racism.
I do not think the prior complaints have been released from behind the blue curtain of silence.
Unions are powerful. Let's break them up. Glad we are on the same page.

Is it possible he was just an average, OK, everyday cop unfortunately faced with a 6' 6" black dude hopped up on drugs that three strong cops couldn't get into the back of their car that took so much force to try to gain control of the guy that it was just too much for him in his ODed state, then made into a racial issue by the nation?
The look in his eyes was that of enjoyment. That is what got him in the end IMO.

The look in his eyes was that of enjoyment. That is what got him in the end IMO.

I think that's exactly right. The look of nonchalance with a hand in his pocket staring at the people begging him to stop as if to say: "Screw you people - I'll do whatever I damn please and I'll get away with it too!"

That’s quite true. There were people on the cop’s side even though they didn’t follow the trial. At the same there are people who thought he was guilty without being privy to the details of the trial. I didn’t watch any of the trial, but recently saw the video of the cop’s knee of Floyd’s neck when Floyd was unconscious. Hard to find an excuse for that kind of behavior. Still statically speaking this doesn’t seem like a common occurrence. If you listened to some people you would think these instances happen all the time. I believe most cop’s are better than Chauvin

I agree that most cops are better than Chauvin. But I do believe the issue goes well beyond him.

Take that incident for example. You and I agree that Chauvin slowly murdered Floyd in broad daylight in front of several witnesses. The people watching were extremely concerned about Floyd's safety and Chauvin did nothing about that. He kept applying pressure on his neck well past the time that Floyd stopped resisting and well past when he even went unconscious. It was terrible.

Now consider that fact that there were THREE OTHER POLICE OFFICERS THERE WHEN IT HAPPENED. Not one of them did a single thing about it. How does that happen?

In my opinion, this is an example of what I would consider a systemic issue within the police ranks. They have their bad apples like Chauvin but worse yet is that they do a terrible job of policing their own. While most police officers are better than Chauvin and wouldn't murder someone like that, we can also see that they also won't DO anything about the officers who will.

I can argue the same when it comes to fairly recent situations like Eric Garner and Caron Nazrio. One cop acting like a jackass. The other ones complicit with the jackass.

It’s impossible to determine if race was a factor in that incident.

Thank you. I say that very sincerely. Chauvin's motives might have been racial, no one can know for sure. I do know he is a bad cop and did not follow police procedure. His stupid actions resulted in someone's death.​

I agree.

Keep it factual. We know what happened. There's no need to speculate any motives. It just muddies the situation.

Of course it's possible that he could be just a bad cop and not racist but how probable is that theory?

If I wanted to test it, I would look at the complaints filed against him and see if he treats other white males in the same manner as he does non-whites. If he doesn't I believe the courts allow an inference to be made that his motivation for treating non-whites in the manner he does is more probable than not, one of racism.
I do not think the prior complaints have been released from behind the blue curtain of silence.
Unions are powerful. Let's break them up. Glad we are on the same page.
Like any other personnel actions in the country, they are not usually released, though I think police represent a special category and should be. You have to be care what you say, even if somebody calls you for a reference on a present of past employee or you open up your company and yourself to civil liability. Lots of privacy protections out there. This is one reason a cop can move to another force, leaving prior history behind, for the most part.

Thank you. I say that very sincerely. Chauvin's motives might have been racial, no one can know for sure. I do know he is a bad cop and did not follow police procedure. His stupid actions resulted in someone's death.​

I agree.

Keep it factual. We know what happened. There's no need to speculate any motives. It just muddies the situation.

Yep, there was no need to go much further than testimony from own bosses, the witnesses and the video tape.

I agree.

Yep, there was no need to go much further than testimony from own bosses, the witnesses and the video tape.
He didn't even take the stand LOL. He is guilty but he isn't guilty of violation of civil rights or a hate crime. But the media portrays it as such.

I agree.

He didn't even take the stand LOL. He is guilty but he isn't guilty of violation of civil rights or a hate crime. But the media portrays it as such.

Okay, but how was it not a violation of Floyd's civil rights to play judge, jury and executioner?

I agree.

Okay, but how was it not a violation of Floyd's civil rights to play judge, jury and executioner?
I am not a lawyer but the prosecutor didn't charge Chauvin with that crime. My understanding is that it would have to be something specific to race that cause Chauvin to do that vs. just being a bad cop as an example.

Dem leaders are trying hard to incite a race war and they are using Chauvin to ignite it. The liberal media are playing along by selectively leaving out facts to fit the race war narrative.

I agree.

Yes, if that was his intent. Personally, I think Chauvin was an asshole. He took it out on Floyd. It cost Floyd his life.

I agree.

The media does not portray it as such. The media portrays it as an incident that fits in a larger picture, and guess what it does.

• Police shootings: rate by ethnicity U.S. 2021 | Statista

This statistic does not say all cops are racists, it doesn't say that all shootings involving black people are out of racists motives. What it does say that for whatever reason you are way more likely to be shot by a cop if you are black than white. That is systemic racism. You are way more likely to be stopped by a cop for whatever reason when you're black. You will receive a harsher punishment for a similar crime if you're black.

What you try with this OP is trying to claim that you can only look at this incident in isolation and that it is dishonest to try to point out a bigger societal implication because you can't know Chauvin's motives.

Last edited:

Jury intimidation is easily proven. Hell, Lefties all over the country, including Polident Pelosi are admitting they'd not have gotten a conviction but for the activism. So, mistrial and do-over.
The BEST part is the hateful ray-sus unibrows in the inner-city plantations are about to get their wish - police are leaving in droves :) Let those blue shitholes BURN...

I agree.

Yes, if that was his intent. Personally, I think Chauvin was an asshole. He took it out on Floyd. It cost Floyd his life.
Saint Floyd di Fentanyl? He had lethal levels of drugs in his system. He resisted and ASKED the cops to put him on the ground. He was saying "I CAN'T BREATHE" while he was still standing. Oh, and that pathetic cry for his "mama"? He called his HO, "mama".
FLOYD died an addict's death and the assholes are the ones who are canonizing his disgusting, antisocial ass.

That’s quite true. There were people on the cop’s side even though they didn’t follow the trial. At the same there are people who thought he was guilty without being privy to the details of the trial. I didn’t watch any of the trial, but recently saw the video of the cop’s knee of Floyd’s neck when Floyd was unconscious. Hard to find an excuse for that kind of behavior. Still statically speaking this doesn’t seem like a common occurrence. If you listened to some people you would think these instances happen all the time. I believe most cop’s are better than Chauvin

I agree that most cops are better than Chauvin. But I do believe the issue goes well beyond him.

Take that incident for example. You and I agree that Chauvin slowly murdered Floyd in broad daylight in front of several witnesses. The people watching were extremely concerned about Floyd's safety and Chauvin did nothing about that. He kept applying pressure on his neck well past the time that Floyd stopped resisting and well past when he even went unconscious. It was terrible.

Now consider that fact that there were THREE OTHER POLICE OFFICERS THERE WHEN IT HAPPENED. Not one of them did a single thing about it. How does that happen?

In my opinion, this is an example of what I would consider a systemic issue within the police ranks. They have their bad apples like Chauvin but worse yet is that they do a terrible job of policing their own. While most police officers are better than Chauvin and wouldn't murder someone like that, we can also see that they also won't DO anything about the officers who will.

I can argue the same when it comes to fairly recent situations like Eric Garner and Caron Nazrio. One cop acting like a jackass. The other ones complicit with the jackass.

The other officers probably should have lost their jobs. Personally I don’t believe they should have faced criminal charges. The senior officer at the scene was Chauvin and the other cops I believe were rookies. They should have stepped in, I’m not saying they shouldn’t have, but the dynamics of Chauvin being the top and them being new to the job should have been taken into consideration

Forum List

Back