Chatham house Report wants you to face reality in Iraq

http://www.chathamhouse.org.uk/

Is is considered one of the top in the world at international analysis.

There has to come a time when we trust the experts over political posturing

Good analysis. I am all for pulling the US out of Iraq and let the other more knowledgeable factions solve the problem. I propose we take the US military, diplomats and money back here to the US and address our own problems. We should have done that in the first place.

By the way, since the US is so incompetent at this sort of thing, we should seriously consider stepping down as a world power of any sort, disband our military, close our borders, stop all foreign aid, send the UN to some european country and let the rest of the world do as it pleases.

Aren't you happy when you "win"?

• Banned
What is winning?

I dont think you even understand what a win in Iraq would look like?

Good analysis. I am all for pulling the US out of Iraq and let the other more knowledgeable factions solve the problem. I propose we take the US military, diplomats and money back here to the US and address our own problems. We should have done that in the first place.

By the way, since the US is so incompetent at this sort of thing, we should seriously consider stepping down as a world power of any sort, disband our military, close our borders, stop all foreign aid, send the UN to some european country and let the rest of the world do as it pleases.

Aren't you happy when you "win"?
Further, now that the UK quitters have got rid of Blair, we can dispose of that special relationship rhetoric, and let the UK snuggle up to the EU where it belongs. First we will have to make sure we exit NATO, and withdraw our air and sea power from UK bases. And, of course, we'll need those Trident missiles back that are in UK submarines. And, unfortunately, we’ll have to cancel the UK’s order for F35 fighters. We will save so much money that we will be able to ship the entire UN building straight to Paris, where it will be at home with the EU appeasers and collaborators.

What is winning?

I dont think you even understand what a win in Iraq would look like?

I wasn't talking about Iraq...I am talking about YOU personally. You have convinced me that the US is evil and needs to be isolated from the rest of the world. It needs to be "declawed" and removed from a position of influence in the world arena.

Further, now that the UK quitters have got rid of Blair, we can dispose of that special relationship rhetoric, and let the UK snuggle up to the EU where it belongs. First we will have to make sure we exit NATO, and withdraw our air and sea power from UK bases. And, of course, we'll need those Trident missiles back that are in UK submarines. And, unfortunately, we’ll have to cancel the UK’s order for F35 fighters. We will save so much money that we will be able to ship the entire UN building straight to Paris, where it will be at home with the EU appeasers and collaborators.

You got it....we need to withdraw our financial support for all foreign interests including the UN, Red Cross, Peace Corps and any other effort that works on a global scale lest we be seen as trying to influence world affairs. We certainly do not want ot provide military, logistic or financial support to ANYONE; after all, the moral high ground is paramount and we want EVERYONE to like us....think of us as Switzerland only bigger....everyone loves the Swiss!

You got it....we need to withdraw our financial support for all foreign interests including the UN, Red Cross, Peace Corps and any other effort that works on a global scale lest we be seen as trying to influence world affairs. We certainly do not want ot provide military, logistic or financial support to ANYONE; after all, the moral high ground is paramount and we want EVERYONE to like us....think of us as Switzerland only bigger....everyone loves the Swiss!

Yes, CSM! We want to be the Swiss, without the yukky tourists!

think of us as Switzerland only bigger....everyone loves the Swiss!
Great idea CSM. We can be a giant North American Switzerland. Canada would blend in and never even notice. We could all have secret numbered bank accounts!

switzerl.gif

I suppose this means that you don't accept the findings in the report? It's easier to take the piss isn't it?

I said I agree...what more do you want!

Based on this report, I have even capitulated to TM...he is right...all of you guys are correct....I am now on your side....

That is why I am advocating the US be neutered and placed in a position where such things can NEVER happen again.... it is obvious that the citizens of the United States cannot be trusted to actively participate in the world community...

Comedy in the face of facts, its why right wing humor never really gets any play.

They dont understand to be Funny comedy has to refelct the facts not deny them.

Comedy in the face of facts, its why right wing humor never really gets any play.

They dont understand to be Funny comedy has to refelct the facts not deny them.

Comedy??? I see nothing funny about it.

Wasn't your whole point in posting the article to inform us all of the truth; the truth that the experts put forth that should be followed over 'political posutring'??? or were you just pulling our collective legs?

It is beginning to appear that there is no appeasing you folks!

Well then if you have as you say "come over to my side " let me inform you that you have actually come over to my side and then passed me and have crossed the bay and are now way out at sea about to approch the iland of lunai.

This things you sugest we do as a result of this war being a total failure are way past insanity.

I said I agree...what more do you want!

Based on this report, I have even capitulated to TM...he is right...all of you guys are correct....I am now on your side....

That is why I am advocating the US be neutered and placed in a position where such things can NEVER happen again.... it is obvious that the citizens of the United States cannot be trusted to actively participate in the world community...

All that need be done is a drawback of US soldiers and a stepping in of the UN peace keepers while the country is given back to its people to run.

Then when they break back out into the multi party civil war which is enevitable we wont have our bravest caught in the middle.

What you sugest is just not nessesary.

We could hand Bush and team over to the UN so they can be prosecuted for an illegal war though.

Well then if you have as you say "come over to my side " let me inform you that you have actually come over to my side and then passed me and have crossed the bay and are now way out at sea about to approch the iland of lunai.

This things you sugest we do as a result of this war being a total failure are way past insanity.

Well, then teach me, o master... Just what the heck is my position SUPPOSED to be?

I am so confused. Do you agree with the analysis or not?

Has not your position on this board been that we need to withdraw the troops? Has not your position been that the handling of Iraq has been seriously flawed from the beginning? Have not your posts reiterrated time and again that US foreign policy has made the rest of the world hate the US? Have all the links to various sites and articles been a smokescreen for some other end than to convince the neocon, warmongering, profiteering sub humans we call republicans of how wrong they are?

The comical thing is totalitarianism masquerading as democracy. And everyone defending it.

Did that sound too far left?

All that need be done is a drawback of US soldiers and a stepping in of the UN peace keepers while the country is given back to its people to run.

Then when they break back out into the multi party civil war which is enevitable we wont have our bravest caught in the middle.

What you sugest is just not nessesary.

We could hand Bush and team over to the UN so they can be prosecuted for an illegal war though.

Ok, got it....

If I may ask, who supplies the peace keepers and who funds them? Would they not be targets for the ongoing civil war in that country? How will we know when the peacekeepers have succeeded?

Forum List

Back