Chart of the Day: Obama's Economy by the Numbers

Terrible numbers.

Of course the fact that you imagine that the sitting POTUS owns these numbers is sort of silly.

It took decades for these events to unfold.

Obama owns his share of it, naturally.

But the economy doesn't turn on a dime.

The momentum our economy has now is the same direction it has taken since the early 1970s.

Terrible numbers.

Of course the fact that you imagine that the sitting POTUS owns these numbers is sort of silly.

The momentum our economy has now is the same direction it has taken since the early 1970s.

The problem is that Obama isn't turning the economy at all. It's continuing on its current trajectory.

In fact, it looks like he isn't even going to bother running on the economy. He's going to play the "class warfare" card and let fly with that.

It's not my fault your lives are miserable, it's those rich people.

Terrible numbers.

Obama owns none of the bad numbers...That's what I get from the Libs here...
That's what I get from the Liberal media...

Yet Bush himself was responsible alone for everything....
Please explain that to me... :cuckoo:

Terrible numbers.

I don't know for sure that this is true or false. I do know that I graduated College in 1976 and found a pretty dismal economy when forced to exist in the real world.

The 80's felt a little better and the 90's felt allot better.

The early 00's have felt pretty shaky and the late 00's have felt downright 70's-ish.

Completely unscientific, but enough anecdotes will combine to form data. Might be a Family Feud quality kind of data, but it's still data.

Last edited:
Terrible numbers.

The problem is that Obama isn't turning the economy at all. It's continuing on its current trajectory.

Yeah, I can get behind that senitment

In fact, it looks like he isn't even going to bother running on the economy. He's going to play the "class warfare" card and let fly with that.

I'm not especially thrilled with what he's doing either. But let me ask you, did you call it class warfare when Bush II gave the richest people in the world enormous tax cuts?

I think you probably did not.

But that is no less CLASS WARFARE than Obam's mistken notion that we need to solve the national debt by increasing taxes on the aflluent and stupendously wealthy.

Both were/are BAD ideas for the times in which they were/will be initiated

Why?

Why add that silly non sequitur when you had been making so much sense?

Terrible numbers.

And trajectory is the right word. By every meaningful measure, we are not getting better. By every meaningful measure that the the Big 0 held up in his campaign in 2008, he has failed in his administration.

If this dog don't hunt, then maybe we need a new dog.

Terrible numbers.

Yeah, I can get behind that senitment

I'm not especially thrilled with what he's doing either. But let me ask you, did you call it class warfare when Bush II gave the richest people in the world enormous tax cuts?

I think you probably did not.

But that is no less CLASS WARFARE than Obam's mistken notion that we need to solve the national debt by increasing taxes on the aflluent and stupendously wealthy.

Both were/are BAD ideas for the times in which they were/will be initiated

Why?

Why add that silly non sequitur when you had been making so much sense?

To the last point first, if that is what the Big 0 reapeats every time he gets a microphone in his hand, it's not a nonsequitor. It is the National Position of the United States of America. Well, okay, it might still be a nonsequitor.

Giving a tax cut to everone is not favoritism. If that includes the rich, then it does. The last time I checked, a rich person and a poor person both meet the cut me and I bleed standard of humanity.

However, allowing the rich to avoid a tax that the rest of us are forced to pay is favoritism. Why do the rich stop contributing to Social Security after the top end limit of about 105,000 dollars of income?

Also, allowing anyone to avoid Federal tax altogether is a travesty. That, also, is favoritism.

Does the Big 0 own these numbers? Yes, he does. He has spent about 5 Trillion of the Nation's wealth to change these numbers and all he has done is worsen them. He is clueless and inept and he does not know what he's trying to do, how to to accomplish what he needs to do and who might aid him in getting it done.

He attacks potential allies and supports real enemies of what should be his goals.

He is failing to make things better while he is achieving implementation of each and every one of his tractics.

He is a chef who thinks cyanide is a flavor enhancer.

The chart doesn't paint a pretty picture and the people without jobs don't need the chart to know exactly how bad it really is.

The question should be, "Do you want these same ideas to continue 4 more years?" Nothing new is being brought to the table by the Democrats. It's still just spend your way out. I cannot even fathom it.

Terrible numbers.

And trajectory is the right word. By every meaningful measure, we are not getting better. By every meaningful measure that the the Big 0 held up in his campaign in 2008, he has failed in his administration.

Yes, trajectory is the right word. We face the trajectory Obama and the Democrats put us on OR the trajectory Teapublicans will take us if they gain enough power.

the CBO lays it out perfectly clear...CRYSTAL.

Federal Debt Held by the Public Under CBO’s Long-Term Budget Scenarios
(Percentage of gross domestic product)
SummaryFigure1_forBlog.png

The chart shows 2 scenarios. For all practical purposes, you can call the Extended-Baseline Scenario the Democrat scenario and the Alternative Fiscal Scenario the Teapublican scenario.

The Extended-Baseline Scenario adheres closely to current law. Under this scenario, the expiration of the tax cuts enacted since 2001 and most recently extended in 2010, the growing reach of the alternative minimum tax, the tax provisions of the recent health care legislation, and the way in which the tax system interacts with economic growth would result in steadily higher revenues relative to GDP.

The Alternative Fiscal Scenario
The budget outlook is much bleaker under the alternative fiscal scenario, which incorporates several changes to current law that are widely expected to occur or that would modify some provisions of law that might be difficult to sustain for a long period. Most important are the assumptions about revenues: that the tax cuts enacted since 2001 and extended most recently in 2010 will be extended; that the reach of the alternative minimum tax will be restrained to stay close to its historical extent; and that over the longer run, tax law will evolve further so that revenues remain near their historical average of 18 percent of GDP. This scenario also incorporates assumptions that Medicare’s payment rates for physicians will remain at current levels (rather than declining by about a third, as under current law) and that some policies enacted in the March 2010 health care legislation to restrain growth in federal health care spending will not continue in effect after 2021.

Yes, trajectory is the right word. We face the trajectory Obama and the Democrats put us on OR the trajectory Teapublicans will take us if they gain enough power.

The chart shows 2 scenarios. For all practical purposes, you can call the Extended-Baseline Scenario the Democrat scenario and the Alternative Fiscal Scenario the Teapublican scenario.

The Extended-Baseline Scenario adheres closely to current law. Under this scenario, the expiration of the tax cuts enacted since 2001 and most recently extended in 2010, the growing reach of the alternative minimum tax, the tax provisions of the recent health care legislation, and the way in which the tax system interacts with economic growth would result in steadily higher revenues relative to GDP.

The budget outlook is much bleaker under the alternative fiscal scenario, which incorporates several changes to current law that are widely expected to occur or that would modify some provisions of law that might be difficult to sustain for a long period. Most important are the assumptions about revenues: that the tax cuts enacted since 2001 and extended most recently in 2010 will be extended; that the reach of the alternative minimum tax will be restrained to stay close to its historical extent; and that over the longer run, tax law will evolve further so that revenues remain near their historical average of 18 percent of GDP. This scenario also incorporates assumptions that Medicare’s payment rates for physicians will remain at current levels (rather than declining by about a third, as under current law) and that some policies enacted in the March 2010 health care legislation to restrain growth in federal health care spending will not continue in effect after 2021.

Obama Fluffer says, "it's not THAT bad"

The chart doesn't paint a pretty picture and the people without jobs don't need the chart to know exactly how bad it really is.

The question should be, "Do you want these same ideas to continue 4 more years?" Nothing new is being brought to the table by the Democrats. It's still just spend your way out. I cannot even fathom it.
No nation in the history of mankind has ever spent themselves into prosperity when Government is the controlling entity.

Terrible numbers.

Obama owns none of the bad numbers...That's what I get from the Libs here...
That's what I get from the Liberal media...

Yet Bush himself was responsible alone for everything....
Please explain that to me... :cuckoo:

Where do you get this information?

Clearly you are reading or listening to partisans who dumb down the economic picture to suit their own partisan narratives and agendas.

I try to stick to just getting the facts and I try to do my own analysis.

Bush II didn't OWN the economy, Clinton didn't OWN his economy, and Obbama does't OWN this economy.

The whole concept that a POTUS owns the economy or is entirely responsbile for it, is stupid beyond belief!

Last edited:

The CBO says it will be a lot worse if Teapublicans get their way. Have mommy read the chart and 'splain it to you.

The CBO says it will be a lot worse if Teapublicans get their way. Have mommy read the chart and 'splain it to you.

Obama's still has to get the world to stop taking dollars as his parting shot to end his one term Jihad.

Link please.

New Topics

Forum List

Back