Charles Fort: The Human Internet

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
History records the passing, on this date, of Charles Fort, the curious one, the compiler of strange events.

1588510788286.png

Charles Hoy Fort (August 6, 1874 – May 3, 1932) was an American writer and researcher who specialized in anomalous phenomena. The terms Fortean and Forteana are sometimes used to characterize various such phenomena. Fort's books sold well and are still in print. His work continues to inspire admirers, who refer to themselves as "Forteans", and has influenced some aspects of science fiction. Wikipedia

Using only the sources available at the time.....newspapers from around the world, ......Fort compiled all sorts of phenomenon unexplained by science.

....but allow me to recommend a couple by Charles Fort....
"The Complete Books of Charles Fort: The Book of the Damned / Lo! / Wild Talents / New Lands" by Charles Fort

Fort would list all sorts of phenomenon, world wide, that were unexplainable by science, i.e., 'damned.'

Fish falling from the sky, different colors of rain,...

From an amazon review:
"Fort's point: What doesn't fit in is damned. What other strange phenomena have been excluded from respectable consideration? Fort tells of fish and stones falling from the clouds, strange craft cruising the skies in the 1890's, lights moving beneath the surface of the sea, vitrified (melted) stone forts in Scotland, disappearing stars, red rain, unknown planets crossing the sun, and sea serpents."

My sister calls me her human google for much of the same reason. I am the knower of strange things and obscure facts. They stick in my brain like glue and will dislodge something useful if necessary to find a neuron to cling to.

My sister calls me her human google for much of the same reason. I am the knower of strange things and obscure facts. They stick in my brain like glue and will dislodge something useful if necessary to find a neuron to cling to.

Fort's books are still in print.....you'd like 'em.

Fort's books are still in print.....you'd like 'em.

I have read that the vitrified stone buildings likely were the result of intense fires that consumed all of the oxygen inside of them and are really spread across Europe though first identified in Scotland.

Forum List

Back