Charles Barkley speaks out on identity politics

Chuck is a tad kooky. But I don't see anything he said being out of line.
He's outspoken - And that's fine.
Pretty entertaining dude.

ImmLjIG.gif
Come on man! Be honest. How can you have a democrat questioning the notion that America is based on systemic racism, i.e. whitey continues to be racist in all facets?

How will they keep blacks in line? As Biden said, "You don't vote for me, you ain't black"

Cool, except that isn't what Barkley said. Try harder.
Maybe he is saying whitey is a good racist for the most part.

No - Read his words again please.

ImmLjIG.gif

If that isn't a patronizing attitude toward a black man, I don't know what is.

How so? I'd say the same thing if it had been a white dude.

Are you sure?

Yes
Forgive me for being cynical, but I'll believe it when I see it.

ImmLjIG.gif
Come on man! Be honest. How can you have a democrat questioning the notion that America is based on systemic racism, i.e. whitey continues to be racist in all facets?

How will they keep blacks in line? As Biden said, "You don't vote for me, you ain't black"

But I'm a Neanderthal. How can I read and be as enlightened as you?

ImmLjIG.gif

Just curious, what do you think he said? What do you believe he inferred when he made these comments?

ImmLjIG.gif

Just curious, what do you think he said? What do you believe he inferred when he made these comments?

I think the comments speak for themselves.

Saturday was the 53rd anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr., and during the course of the broadcast, a clip of Robert F. Kennedy's famous speech announcing the assassination was played. Reacting to the moving speech, Barkley said, "Man, I think most white people and black people are great people."

"I really believe that in my heart," Barkley continued. "But I think our system is set up where our politicians, whether they are Republicans or Democrats, are designed to make us not like each other, so they can keep their grasp of money and power. They divide and conquer.

"I truly believe in my heart most white people and black people are awesome people. But we are so stupid, following our politicians, whether they are Republicans or Democrats, and their only job is, 'Hey, let's make these people not like each other. We don't live in their neighborhoods. We all got money. Let's make the whites and blacks not like each other, let's make rich people and poor people not like each other, let's scramble the middle class.' I truly believe that in my heart."

ImmLjIG.gif

Saturday was the 53rd anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr., and during the course of the broadcast, a clip of Robert F. Kennedy's famous speech announcing the assassination was played. Reacting to the moving speech, Barkley said, "Man, I think most white people and black people are great people."

"I really believe that in my heart," Barkley continued. "But I think our system is set up where our politicians, whether they are Republicans or Democrats, are designed to make us not like each other, so they can keep their grasp of money and power. They divide and conquer.

"I truly believe in my heart most white people and black people are awesome people. But we are so stupid, following our politicians, whether they are Republicans or Democrats, and their only job is, 'Hey, let's make these people not like each other. We don't live in their neighborhoods. We all got money. Let's make the whites and blacks not like each other, let's make rich people and poor people not like each other, let's scramble the middle class.' I truly believe that in my heart."

The comments do speak for themselves. But can you speak for yourself?

ImmLjIG.gif

In this situation, why would I need to interpret or spin his words? WNBA Players probably are not underpaid by much.
Women’s Pro Soccer? Oh HELL yes.
Grow up and cut it with the ankle biting - Thanks

ImmLjIG.gif

In this situation, why would I need to interpret or spin his words? WNBA Players probably are not underpaid by much.
Grow up and cut it with the ankle-biting - Thanks
Because this is an opinion forum. Not a dodgeball forum.

ImmLjIG.gif

Grow up and cut it with the ankle-biting - Thanks
Because this is an opinion forum. Not a dodgeball forum.

Go home kitty cat - Your public library pass has expired :)

1617664220399.gif

Last edited:
He was the only black man on TV who said Breonna Taylor's boyfriend shot at the cop first. :clap:

Forum List

Back