‘Charges Of A Rigged Election Could Explode’: Wisconsin Can’t Count Late Ballots, US Supreme Court Rules

I think this tells us something about the Democrats' internal polling. They want to delay the vote count because they think Trump is going to win in Wisconsin again.

No, they are just legitimately worried Trump is trying to sabotage mail in ballots with slow mail service.

How about just counting all the votes?

Yes, because everyone knows the USPS has been an example of efficiency for decades.

Ever notice how Republicans always want to do the right thing most of the time ?

Nope, I've never seen that.

What I've seen is Republicans will put the interest of the Investor Class above the Working Class any day of the week. That's what I see.

Here's a question for you. Which president instituted the largest tax increase on the middle class ?

We are afraid of Democrats cheating. They are the party of the immoral and criminals. You know that. We have a right to be concerned that these folks would mis-count votes. The voter fraud by individuals and pollsters in PA is off the charts. It was off the charts in 2016.

Except you guys have never been able to prove widespread fraud... and you've been claiming that since 2000.

You aren't afraid of voter fraud, you are afraid of voters.

Yes, because everyone knows the USPS has been an example of efficiency for decades.

Until Trump started fucking with it, I've never had a piece of mail lost once. And I'm one of those old school types who still mails in all of his correspondence.

Cool story. Nice attempt. You do understand the voting machines CNN told you about were slated for decommissioning before the election.

Looks like the SCOTUS is stepping into the fray...

The U.S. Supreme Court upheld a lower court ruling Monday night in a 5-3 vote, prohibiting the State of Wisconsin from counting mail-in ballots that arrive days after the election.

Voting rights groups, state and national Democratic parties and the League of Women voters sought to extend ballot counting in Wisconsin, according to NBC News. They argued that the coronavirus pandemic presents challenges to voters who wish to vote by mail, but the Supreme Court ruled that citizens have plenty of options if they wish to vote.

“Particularly in a Presidential election, counting all the votes quickly can help the State promptly resolve any disputes, address any need for recounts, and begin the process of canvassing and certifying the election results in an expeditious manner,” Justice Brett Kavanaugh said in the opinion.

Kavanaugh also quoted Richard Pildes, a New York University School of Law professor, who wrote in June that counting late votes could cause panic and allegations of a “rigged election.”

“If the apparent winner the morning after the election ends up losing due to late-arriving ballots, charges of a rigged election could explode,” Pildes wrote in The University of Chicago Law Review. “[The] longer after Election Day any significant changes in vote totals take place, the greater the risk that the losing side will cry that the election has been stolen.”

U.S. District Judge William Conley ruled in favor of the plaintiffs and ordered the state to accept ballots up to six days after the election, according to NBC News. However, the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals blocked the order.

“A last-minute event may require a last-minute reaction. But it is not possible to describe COVID-19 as a last-minute event,” the appeals court said, NBC News reported.

Republicans had argued that Wisconsin provides citizens more opportunities to vote than most states including weeks of in-person early voting, according to NBC News.

Justices John Roberts, Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch and Clarence Thomas concurred while Justices Elena Kagan, Sonia Sotomayer and Stephen Breyer dissented.
I agree with fuck Islam. Left needs to say the same thing. Oh, great, recount tampered ballots and names of dead people from the 1800 and 1900 hundreds. and discount democrats keeping republicans' from voting, and discounting rigged voting booths, and Biden's own testimony admitting to fraud greater than all of USA history.

New Topics

Forum List

Back