Changing the Voting Age

GeorgiaBoy

Oct 16, 2011
I know this will never happen. But I am 20. And 75% of the people my age should not be allowed to vote. They have no clue about the candidates. They have no clue about the issues. They have no idea what they're voting for. They vote with their @$$. I don't like this.

If you are considered mature enough to join the military and put your life on the line for the country at 18 then you are old enough to vote.

It isn't as much age as knowledge. Idk. Its an unfixable issue.

I know this will never happen. But I am 20. And 75% of the people my age should not be allowed to vote. They have no clue about the candidates. They have no clue about the issues. They have no idea what they're voting for. They vote with their @$$. I don't like this.
Would you settle for a qualifying written test?

If you are considered mature enough to join the military and put your life on the line for the country at 18 then you are old enough to vote.

If an intelligence test was necessary for voting we would have very low turn out on election day.

I am damn okay with that lol. I will take 10 intelligent voters over 1000 dumb ones.

If an intelligence test was necessary for voting we would have very low turn out on election day.

If we had an intelligence test, we'd have no liberals in government = 100% certianty.:lol:

Return the decision for voter qualifications to the states.

There’d still be uninformed voters, regardless the age; and many 18 year olds are wiser than most in their 50s.

Including literacy tests, poll taxes, and property requirements?

Your trust of state governments is naïve at best.

There’d still be uninformed voters, regardless the age; and many 18 year olds are wiser than most in their 50s.

this is why I said its unfixable. I would like a very simple intelligence test. But somehow that would be perceived as sexist or racist or something like that.

Honestly, I think the voting age should be raised to 25 with a short test. One that is based around knowledge of the people that you're voting for. If you don't know what your voting for you surely shouldn't vote.

Anyone within the military that's serving this nation should be allowed to vote no matter how young you're.

this is why I said its unfixable. I would like a very simple intelligence test. But somehow that would be perceived as sexist or racist or something like that.

That's all the left has is to call someone racist. It is pathetic!:lol::lol::lol:

So how bout we only let teens who are in the military vote??

Personally all these movements, like Rock The Vote make me sick...they even lay guilt trips on these kids if they don't vote, and have no emphasis on understanding the issues.

If you're not informed it should be considered your civic duty NOT to vote.

If your criteria is that the voter should actually INFORMED about who they're voting for then you are definitely in the wrong party. The average Republican voter is THEE most uninformed voter there is.

Political Animal - The ‘most consistently misinformed media viewers’

They should actually LOWER the voting age to 16 bub, not raise it. :cuckoo:

If your criteria is that the voter should actually INFORMED about who they're voting for then you are definitely in the wrong party. The average Republican voter is THEE most uninformed voter there is.

Political Animal - The ‘most consistently misinformed media viewers’

They should actually LOWER the voting age to 16 bub, not raise it. :cuckoo:

Im not necessarily a Republican. I am a Pro-Business Conservative. The Republican party leans more towards this at the current time.

So how bout we only let teens who are in the military vote??

Personally all these movements, like Rock The Vote make me sick...they even lay guilt trips on these kids if they don't vote, and have no emphasis on understanding the issues.

If you're not informed it should be considered your civic duty NOT to vote.

Tell that to the Fox news viewers.

Forum List

Back