Changes To Pork Inspection By trump. Unsafe

I know a few 3rd ,even 4th gen butchers here

and yeah, there's definitely the 'holy f***' factor

~S~

:cow:

omg omg!

Whatever did we do without fifteen officials touching our meat before we purchased it from the store?

I know!

We hunted and killed our game for the winter.
No Feds involved.
lots more people died.....

a republican started the USDA by the way.....been around since the 1860's

Why do you want to return to the 1860's??

why do you hate food inspection??

STAHP your bs questions.

I can inspect my own kill, thank you.
No, you can't

Nor can you inspect your own medicines....

Airplanes...etc

You need to focus on inspecting that rancid twat you toting around....

I think it's interesting.

The person you replied to only thinks of themselves.

If I was like that person, this whole thread wouldn't exist on this board or at least it wouldn't have been started by me.

None of those changes will ever harm me. I don't eat the meat. Yet I am trying to warn those who do eat that meat so they won't be harmed.

The person you replied to, one of the people I tried to warn, only thinks of themselves and doesn't care at all. Then uses that not caring as an excuse to ignore the warning.

It's just fine with that person for other people, even children, to be harmed or even die because of the changes.
Most conservatives are self centered when it comes to policies...

That is why they revel in policies that negatively affect others as long as they don't feel it affects them.....

Meanwhile progressives have to be the responsible ones and care about society as a whole.....
if you say so biff....what was funny is you implying that democrats are not self centered....lol...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA--big HAHAHHAHAHAHAH
..I thought I have heard every anti-Trump crap...but no, we have Mr Trump MURDERING people with --of all things ---PORK
hahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahaah
many laughs on USMB

omg omg!

Whatever did we do without fifteen officials touching our meat before we purchased it from the store?

I know!

No Feds involved.
lots more people died.....

a republican started the USDA by the way.....been around since the 1860's

Why do you want to return to the 1860's??

why do you hate food inspection??

STAHP your bs questions.

I can inspect my own kill, thank you.
No, you can't

Nor can you inspect your own medicines....

Airplanes...etc

You need to focus on inspecting that rancid twat you toting around....

I think it's interesting.

The person you replied to only thinks of themselves.

If I was like that person, this whole thread wouldn't exist on this board or at least it wouldn't have been started by me.

None of those changes will ever harm me. I don't eat the meat. Yet I am trying to warn those who do eat that meat so they won't be harmed.

The person you replied to, one of the people I tried to warn, only thinks of themselves and doesn't care at all. Then uses that not caring as an excuse to ignore the warning.

It's just fine with that person for other people, even children, to be harmed or even die because of the changes.
Most conservatives are self centered when it comes to policies...

That is why they revel in policies that negatively affect others as long as they don't feel it affects them.....

Meanwhile progressives have to be the responsible ones and care about society as a whole.....
Sound like you are talking about the caveat emptor libertarians, to me. Not much actually conservative about them.

I don't eat most meat. I eat poultry and seafood. Not because of any health benefits or any feelings for the animal.

I just don't like the taste of most meat. The reason I don't like pork is it's just too salty for me. I used to like the smell of cooking bacon but chemo put a stop to that. I can't take the smell of it much less the taste. It makes me vomit.

Those of you who do eat pork, please, be careful. The inspection is now even less safe than what it should be. The workers, without any formal training on how to inspect meat, are now doing most of the inspecting and they only get 2.6 seconds to inspect. If anyone believes that's enough time and knowledge to inspect meat they are kidding themselves. They've cut the federal inspectors from 7 down to 2 or 3.

This is going to happen to beef too. I don't eat that either. The smell of it makes me vomit.

So all you meat eaters out there, do so with caution.

With all the food poisoning with meats, I don't understand how anyone can support the trump changes. By all means trump supporters, eat that pork and beef.

Inspectors Warn Unsafe Pork Could Make Its Way to Consumers Under Trump Rule Change - News15 | Lafayette, LA
I presume you don't know real people in the food industry.
Their are not nearly enough inspectors in any given area to ever even show up to inspect a restaurant.
So go ahead a legislate away.

I don't eat most meat. I eat poultry and seafood. Not because of any health benefits or any feelings for the animal.

I just don't like the taste of most meat. The reason I don't like pork is it's just too salty for me. I used to like the smell of cooking bacon but chemo put a stop to that. I can't take the smell of it much less the taste. It makes me vomit.

Those of you who do eat pork, please, be careful. The inspection is now even less safe than what it should be. The workers, without any formal training on how to inspect meat, are now doing most of the inspecting and they only get 2.6 seconds to inspect. If anyone believes that's enough time and knowledge to inspect meat they are kidding themselves. They've cut the federal inspectors from 7 down to 2 or 3.

This is going to happen to beef too. I don't eat that either. The smell of it makes me vomit.

With all the food poisoning with meats, I don't understand how anyone can support the trump changes. By all means trump supporters, eat that pork and beef.

Inspectors Warn Unsafe Pork Could Make Its Way to Consumers Under Trump Rule Change - News15 | Lafayette, LA

Your link:

"In traditional plants, as many as seven federal inspectors work on the processing line, handling hog carcasses and checking for defects.

"Under the new system, that number will be reduced to two or three federal inspectors who have more experience but who will have limited hands-on interaction with the carcasses.

"Instead, the plant’s own employees will be checking and sorting the hog carcasses and letting the federal inspectors, called Consumer Safety Inspectors, check their work from a distance.

"There is no required federal training for those employees.

"Finally, the federal limit on line speed — or the rate at which hog carcasses can be moved for processing and inspection — will be removed."

This is characteristic of Trump's brand of deregulation, and most of it is flying under the corporate MSM radar.

More people are going to get food poisoning.

None of it should be happening. All it does is make the process cheaper for the owners of the plant. They sure won't pass any savings on to the customer.

What kind of savings is it when the food can poison a person?
------------------------------------------------ maybe dummies [mostly millennials] will learn to prepare their foods properly Dana .

Who says Trump is wrong and the OP is right about how many inspectors they need at the meat packing plant?

We don't need the government to monitor our food.
The marketplace can take care of any concern.
Get the government out of business.

really?

i raised 862 lbs of pork (dress out weight) in 5 months here

my partner and i (both illiterate bluecollar rednecks) plan on expanding next year

maybe even sell some

would you like some?

are you concerned with what we fed them? because we didn't invest jack sh*t in feed

are you concerned about the rat infested environment they existed in? 'cause you could put a saddle on some of them here....

how 'bout they way they were processed?

feeding-trough.jpg

~S~

I wouldn't buy any of your contaminated meat.
I would buy from a provider who contracts with a private company that inspects and holds the provider to high standards.
My meat would cost more but it wouldn't be off the backs of taxpayers.

Have you ever heard of UL?

My days of eating pork are officially over, thanks to Trump.

No pun intended but I smell a rat. Is this an ongoing eight long long year Obama situation or did it suddenly emerge in the last three years? NBC doesn't ask.

I would buy from a provider who contracts with a private company that inspects and holds the provider to high standards.

Have you ever heard of UL?

I've a long history w/ NRTL's >
04012019-Titan-Blog-Image.png

What you're asking for is an unbiased standard

The minute you introduce profit, bias rears it's ugly head

~S~

Caveat Emptor

or is it the caveat venditor of libertopian entrepreneurs ?

and this is where the free marketers can opine on how level playing fields (read-standards) exist w/out bias

~S~

omg omg!

I know!

No Feds involved.
Many people died from eating rancid meat

Well if your nose can't tell you its rancid then your an idiot.

Cook pork well done and you won't have any health issues with it.

What a drama queen you are.

Forum List

Back