Changes To Pork Inspection By trump. Unsafe

cook ALL meat thoroughly and fully when you get it in your homes . Do the same with Vegetables and Salad on Salad type vegs especially if imported from the third world where pickers ' ZHIT' in the growing fields asthey pick lettuce Dana .

:cow:

omg omg!

Whatever did we do without fifteen officials touching our meat before we purchased it from the store?

I know!

We hunted and killed our game for the winter.
No Feds involved.
lots more people died.....

a republican started the USDA by the way.....been around since the 1860's

Why do you want to return to the 1860's??

why do you hate food inspection??

STAHP your bs questions.

I can inspect my own kill, thank you.
No, you can't

Nor can you inspect your own medicines....

Airplanes...etc

You need to focus on inspecting that rancid twat you toting around....

I think it's interesting.

The person you replied to only thinks of themselves.

If I was like that person, this whole thread wouldn't exist on this board or at least it wouldn't have been started by me.

None of those changes will ever harm me. I don't eat the meat. Yet I am trying to warn those who do eat that meat so they won't be harmed.

The person you replied to, one of the people I tried to warn, only thinks of themselves and doesn't care at all. Then uses that not caring as an excuse to ignore the warning.

It's just fine with that person for other people, even children, to be harmed or even die because of the changes.

I don't eat most meat. I eat poultry and seafood. Not because of any health benefits or any feelings for the animal.

I just don't like the taste of most meat. The reason I don't like pork is it's just too salty for me. I used to like the smell of cooking bacon but chemo put a stop to that. I can't take the smell of it much less the taste. It makes me vomit.

Those of you who do eat pork, please, be careful. The inspection is now even less safe than what it should be. The workers, without any formal training on how to inspect meat, are now doing most of the inspecting and they only get 2.6 seconds to inspect. If anyone believes that's enough time and knowledge to inspect meat they are kidding themselves. They've cut the federal inspectors from 7 down to 2 or 3.

This is going to happen to beef too. I don't eat that either. The smell of it makes me vomit.

So all you meat eaters out there, do so with caution.

With all the food poisoning with meats, I don't understand how anyone can support the trump changes. By all means trump supporters, eat that pork and beef.

Inspectors Warn Unsafe Pork Could Make Its Way to Consumers Under Trump Rule Change - News15 | Lafayette, LA
With all the food poisoning with meats, I don't understand how anyone can support the trump changes. By all means trump supporters, eat that pork and beef.

Inspectors Warn Unsafe Pork Could Make Its Way to Consumers Under Trump Rule Change - News15 | Lafayette, LA
Your link:

"In traditional plants, as many as seven federal inspectors work on the processing line, handling hog carcasses and checking for defects.

"Under the new system, that number will be reduced to two or three federal inspectors who have more experience but who will have limited hands-on interaction with the carcasses.

"Instead, the plant’s own employees will be checking and sorting the hog carcasses and letting the federal inspectors, called Consumer Safety Inspectors, check their work from a distance.

"There is no required federal training for those employees.

"Finally, the federal limit on line speed — or the rate at which hog carcasses can be moved for processing and inspection — will be removed."

This is characteristic of Trump's brand of deregulation, and most of it is flying under the corporate MSM radar.

omg omg!

Whatever did we do without fifteen officials touching our meat before we purchased it from the store?

I know!

No Feds involved.

STAHP your bs questions.

No, you can't

Airplanes...etc

If I was like that person, this whole thread wouldn't exist on this board or at least it wouldn't have been started by me.

None of those changes will ever harm me. I don't eat the meat. Yet I am trying to warn those who do eat that meat so they won't be harmed.

The person you replied to, one of the people I tried to warn, only thinks of themselves and doesn't care at all. Then uses that not caring as an excuse to ignore the warning.

It's just fine with that person for other people, even children, to be harmed or even die because of the changes.
Most conservatives are self centered when it comes to policies...

That is why they revel in policies that negatively affect others as long as they don't feel it affects them.....

Meanwhile progressives have to be the responsible ones and care about society as a whole.....

When Obamacare first came out....lots of conservatives were pissed because of the benefits it gave to "those others" they hate so much...

Then when its them that benefit from pre-existing conditions protection, now suddenly they don't hate it so much....just the guy it was named after....

I don't eat most meat. I eat poultry and seafood. Not because of any health benefits or any feelings for the animal.

I just don't like the taste of most meat. The reason I don't like pork is it's just too salty for me. I used to like the smell of cooking bacon but chemo put a stop to that. I can't take the smell of it much less the taste. It makes me vomit.

Those of you who do eat pork, please, be careful. The inspection is now even less safe than what it should be. The workers, without any formal training on how to inspect meat, are now doing most of the inspecting and they only get 2.6 seconds to inspect. If anyone believes that's enough time and knowledge to inspect meat they are kidding themselves. They've cut the federal inspectors from 7 down to 2 or 3.

This is going to happen to beef too. I don't eat that either. The smell of it makes me vomit.

Of course this isn’t just Trump.

This is wrongheaded political dogma common to most on the right: conservatives’ reckless, irresponsible, and unwarranted hostility toward necessary, proper, and Constitutional regulatory policy.

Classic:

Although none of the inspectors say they’ve personally allowed meat that’s unsafe or unfit to pass inspection, all are certain that unsafe meat is making it to consumers under the new system.”

Sound familiar? We have no proof of anything wrong, we “just know it”.

Is that what chemo does to you?

I'd rather be dead.

I had to be on a form of chemo for 7 long years. I was on the highest dose. It was in a pill form that I took every day. For 7 long years. Doctors don't tell patients that some side effects don't go away completely or at all.

I never liked beef or pork or most other meats. I had to eat it as a child. My mom was from Texas. We had a side of beef in the freezer all my life. I never liked the taste or smell of it. However before chemo it never made me vomit. When I moved out of my parents house I chose what meat I ate so I was able to not eat the meats I didn't like.

I never liked the taste of pork either. Except some bacon if it wasn't too salty. Pork is just too salty for me. I used to like the smell of bacon cooking. Until chemo. Now even the smell of it cooking will make me vomit.

I do eat any poultry or seafood. Put most salmon in front of me, it's gone fast.

And no, if you are faced with possible death, you will choose just about anything to beat it. You won't be told of the side effects and you won't be told that they don't go away once the chemo is finished. You won't even think to ask about it. All you will think about is beating it and staying alive.

I'm pretty sure you would be like 99.9% of the humans who face cancer, you will fight with everything you have to beat it and stay alive.

Well as of yet I haven't been lucky enough to get cancer, Although I don't know for sure since I haven't seen a doctor or been in a hospital for 30+ years.
I don't take any medications or pills, including vitamins.
I just eat and drink whatever I want.
Life is too short not to enjoy it.

omg omg!

I know!

No Feds involved.

STAHP your bs questions.

No, you can't

Airplanes...etc

:iyfyus.jpg:

lmao!

Not only are you passive aggressive, you're just not very intelligent.

My point, which flew over your head, is I don't need the government to tell me if my meat is good to eat.

I'm sorry that you NEED the Gov't to tell you what is good for you.

Where would our pork be without the fed gov?
Oh yea, we have states and their inspectors and requirements. You could also cook it to 160 degrees.
More outrage over nothing.
Carry on.

Where would our pork be without the fed gov?
Oh yea, we have states and their inspectors and requirements. You could also cook it to 160 degrees.
More outrage over nothing.
Carry on.

Actually this is all very ironic.
The Democrats were wholeheartidly behind corporate AgriBusiness 4 decades ago, and still today.
Monsanto for instance has given almost right at $31,000,000 spanning 3 decades to over 3,400 politicians in state and federal governments.
Republican and Democrats. And that is just one of the giant Agri-Business corporations.
Small farm production is overwhelmingly safer/cleaner and healthier.
But of course that doesn't matter one bit.

So it is more than a little hypocritical

We don't need the government to monitor our food.
The marketplace can take care of any concern.
Get the government out of business.

Your link:

"In traditional plants, as many as seven federal inspectors work on the processing line, handling hog carcasses and checking for defects.

"Under the new system, that number will be reduced to two or three federal inspectors who have more experience but who will have limited hands-on interaction with the carcasses.

"Instead, the plant’s own employees will be checking and sorting the hog carcasses and letting the federal inspectors, called Consumer Safety Inspectors, check their work from a distance.

"Finally, the federal limit on line speed — or the rate at which hog carcasses can be moved for processing and inspection — will be removed."

This is characteristic of Trump's brand of deregulation, and most of it is flying under the corporate MSM radar.

More people are going to get food poisoning.

None of it should be happening. All it does is make the process cheaper for the owners of the plant. They sure won't pass any savings on to the customer.

What kind of savings is it when the food can poison a person?

omg omg!

I know!

No Feds involved.

STAHP your bs questions.

No, you can't

Airplanes...etc

Most conservatives are self centered when it comes to policies...

That is why they revel in policies that negatively affect others as long as they don't feel it affects them.....

Meanwhile progressives have to be the responsible ones and care about society as a whole.....

They are the most self centered, selfish and immature people in our nation.

There was a time when I wanted to try to understand them. I came to realize I can never understand their mindset and really don't want to.

No mature, responsible and caring adult does.

Your link:

None of it should be happening. All it does is make the process cheaper for the owners of the plant. They sure won't pass any savings on to the customer.

You don't read your own thread do you?
Food was significantly safer before both the government and corporations took over.
Food illnesses have risen sharply over the past 3 decades.
The reason for that - IS CLEAR.
Livestock stacked together like sardines in corporate feed lots breeds illness and bacteria from fecal matter. PERIOD.
So to solve that, they use anti-biotics, preservatives and sodium solutions to try and kill off as much as possible. But despite that, food illnesses continue to rise. Because corporate bureaucrats and bought and paid for politicians are the ones in charge. And your health is a significant second place to profits.

EAT LOCAL.
We need to get the corporations and corrupt politicians out of our food supply.
Stop listening to bought and paid for corporate media.
It's like this...
Family farming can only make money for the that family, and only to the companies he buys supplies from. A corporate farm produces a commodity out of the market that can be invested in and make $$ for numerous investors and corporations.
THAT IS WHY AGRI-BUSINESS was wholeheartedly supported by both parties that ended family farming. So investment firms and fat cats could make money off of a market where before they could not.
WAKE UP

Last edited:

Your link:

STATES moron. STATES.

We don't need the government to monitor our food.
The marketplace can take care of any concern.
Get the government out of business.

really?

i raised 862 lbs of pork (dress out weight) in 5 months here

my partner and i (both illiterate bluecollar rednecks) plan on expanding next year

maybe even sell some

would you like some?

are you concerned with what we fed them? because we didn't invest jack sh*t in feed

are you concerned about the rat infested environment they existed in? 'cause you could put a saddle on some of them here....

how 'bout they way they were processed?

feeding-trough.jpg

~S~

Your link:

Americans were shocked by similar stories over a century ago:
chicagfomeat.jpg

BRIA 24 1 b Upton Sinclairs The Jungle: Muckraking the Meat-Packing Industry - Constitutional Rights Foundation

"Upton Sinclair wrote The Jungle to expose the appalling working conditions in the meat-packing industry.

"His description of diseased, rotten, and contaminated meat shocked the public and led to new federal food safety laws.

"Before the turn of the 20th century, a major reform movement had emerged in the United States.

"Known as progressives, the reformers were reacting to problems caused by the rapid growth of factories and cities.

"Progressives at first concentrated on improving the lives of those living in slums and in getting rid of corruption in government."

I'm tempted to blame capitalism...:14:

Forum List

Back