CERN Large Hadron Collider Fires Up Tomorrow

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
The facts are: CERN's Large Hadron Collider fires up on July 5th after a hiatus of some time. They're going to smash some particles together and watch what happens.

The conspiracies are mostly from Stranger Things fans I guess, a show I never watched (though, as a long time Kate Bush fan, the new interest in her is something else). However, being an amateur space nut, you do wonder if this rips a portal through spacetime.

My response: okay. Things are pretty well screwed here anyway.

It's a little scary for us that don't really understand it all!

But as the saying goes....

NOTHING VENTURED, NOTHING GAINED!!!

The venturous keep us moving forward, and I can sit back and watch in amazement!

I only partly agree. So that super telescope that allows us to see to the edge of the universe is amazing.

Deciding to smash particles together to see what happens? Maybe not.

And as we now see, putting experimental shots into the arms of billions of people without extensive trials is definitely a failed experiment.

"Trust the science" is a failed little saying that even scientists should reject. But we live in the Stupid Century so...

The facts are: CERN's Large Hadron Collider fires up on July 5th after a hiatus of some time. They're going to smash some particles together and watch what happens.

The conspiracies are mostly from Stranger Things fans I guess, a show I never watched (though, as a long time Kate Bush fan, the new interest in her is something else). However, being an amateur space nut, you do wonder if this rips a portal through spacetime.

My response: okay. Things are pretty well screwed here anyway.

Ya gots to be careful how you spell large hadron.

I only partly agree. So that super telescope that allows us to see to the edge of the universe is amazing.

Deciding to smash particles together to see what happens? Maybe not.

And as we now see, putting experimental shots into the arms of billions of people without extensive trials is definitely a failed experiment.

"Trust the science" is a failed little saying that even scientists should reject. But we live in the Stupid Century so...
It is scary, but heh! They discovered "the God particle" the last time running!

I'm not too concerned because from all that I've read on end times prophesy, some scientific venture doesn't cause Armageddon or is an end time prophesy.....

- massive inflation, A days work for a loaf of bread....

-
food shortages, droughts

-
natural disasters abound... Earthquakes in various places

-
prevented from eating meat somehow....

-wars and rumors of wars

-brother against brother, mother against daughter...

A gazillion other things listed too, and scientists blowing up the world, isn't mentioned....

So, I think it'll be okay!!

:D:D

Personally I don't think they know what the universe is. But they do offer an explanation for it all right or wrong. Scientists, IMO, are a lot like these people that go around telling us all why a plane crashed when the thing crashed into a swamp at 700 miles an hour and there is nothing left of it but crumbs. But they know the jack screw probably came loose due to fatigue. Not that flying to the ground at 700 mph would cause anything to come loose.

It is scary, but heh! They discovered "the God particle" the last time running!

I'm not too concerned because from all that I've read on end times prophesy, some scientific venture doesn't cause Armageddon or is an end time prophesy.....

- massive inflation, A days work for a loaf of bread....

-
food shortages, droughts

-
natural disasters abound... Earthquakes in various places

-
prevented from eating meat somehow....

-wars and rumors of wars

-brother against brother, mother against daughter...

A gazillion other things listed too, and scientists blowing up the world, isn't mentioned....

So, I think it'll be okay!!

:D:D

Oh it's very close IMO, agreed there

Personally I don't think they know what the universe is. But they do offer an explanation for it all right or wrong. Scientists, IMO, are a lot like these people that go around telling us all why a plane crashed when the thing crashed into a swamp at 700 miles an hour and there is nothing left of it but crumbs. But they know the jack screw probably came loose due to fatigue. Not that flying to the ground at 700 mph would cause anything to come loose.

So I am the amateur space geek who knows nothing about it but just likes the big ideas...and I completely admit this. I've been watching "How the Universe Works". On one hand I respect how much these experts have learned. OTOH I laugh at the show routinely. They have invented a LOT of ways to say "we don't know", "we have no idea", "got me!" and make it sound like it just COULD NOT be God. And I'm hollering at the screen, "Uh...GOD?!?!"

Screw Nikola Tesla. So what if he's responsible for powering 99.99% of everything we do and take for granted every day. Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and The LHC will Shirley save us some day.. It can't simply be the Aether. It just can't!

More to it that meets the eye. Check out these Scandinavian devils. Always up to something they have no business messing with.

The one fact all scientists agree on is that we have a working knowledge of only about 5% of the matter and energy in the universe

The one fact all scientists agree on is that we have a working knowledge of only about 5% of the matter and energy in the universe

I think we should stop at just destroying the earth [sarcasm] and leave space at peace.My goodness .

I think we should stop at just destroying the earth [sarcasm] and leave space at peace.My goodness .
I don't disagree.

Surely the billions of dollars we spend on space could be used for more pragmatic purposes

I don't disagree.

Surely the billions of dollars we spend on space could be used for more pragmatic purposes

I read long ago that the men Einstein and Oppenheimer who created the atom bomb regrets it. Is this true?

I agree on the proxy war thing but there are plenty of things we could spend that money on right here within our own borders.
Space research has given us many benefits that we now take for granted right here on Earth.

There are massive resources available in our solar system that we can access when we advance further and are able to reduce the costs of launching.

The possibilities are endless.

Our government wastes far more money with inefficiency than what is actually invested into space.

Forum List

Back