CEO of opioid company that funded Arizona's anti-pot campaign charged with bribing doctors

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
CEO of opioid company that funded Arizona's anti-pot campaign charged with bribing doctors

Can you say hypocrisy?

Of all the states that had marijuana propositions on the ballot this year, either legalization or medical weed, only Arizona rejected its measure. Voters passed a medical pot referendum in 2010, while this year Prop 205 was an initiative similar to Colorado’s decriminalization law. Until a few weeks before the election it appeared 205 would pass by about 10 points.

----------------------------------------------
Maybe one day the zombies can wrap their minds around the very fact of " BIG PHARMA" wants to keep you sick, make you think pot will kill you, make you think that your kid will walk around like a zombie . When the fact is most kids really aren't smoking it like the Gov. leads you to believe,
As they also purpose pushed false information about pot in Arizona so people would vote no.

If I lived there I'd gather people up ring their phones off the hook and have them either over turn that NO vote because it's totally unfiar, and it isn't just in this area where money talks.
Peopel need to start paying attention to these fkn Governors. Research , FOLLOW THE MONEY...

Gawd damn sheeple how hard is it.

• Banned
Waaaa overturn the vote. You wannnna get hiiigggghhhhh#
LOL, no the reason this should be done is because the Government FKS people over in this exact same manner .
Not only does it happen with pot, it happens with prescribed meds, it happens in so many areas you can't even imagine.

this is an excellent way for states to make huge money and get off their little whiney ass bitch sessions how the states are suffering and what does that idiot in Az. do brings in fkn driverless cars............what a moron.

Cannabis, especially large doses of CBD have been successful for getting people off drug addiction.

It's all drug addiction the particular drug isn't important.

How long would a nation of addicts survive? As a first world nation, probably not long at all.

It is important to note Pot is not addictive. Opiods are. And of course Pot has assorted health benefits. I temped at Purdue Pharma back in the day as an accountant. The profits they hauled selling Opiods (no doubt encouraging establishment doctors that their stuff would make them money too) was pretty crazy.

Last edited:
  • Banned

How long would a nation of addicts survive? As a first world nation, probably not long at all.
You see where the nation is going now don't you. Why do you think O screball put the smack down on those " PRESCRIBED MEDS".................... oh imagine that those prescribed drugs creates drug addcits and legally I would think there is more of those addicts, then pot smokers, who by the way OPERATE on people, who by the way are PROFESSIONALS........... you think those people aren't or haven't been addicts.. Wake up to reality .

Doubtful China will do much about it...
confused.gif

DEA Chief to Visit China as US Pushes to Halt Opioid Supply
January 06, 2017 — The top U.S. drug enforcement official plans to visit China next week, a sign of intensifying efforts to stop the flow of deadly synthetic drugs from China to the United States.
The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration confirmed Friday that acting administrator Chuck Rosenberg will visit Beijing, Guangzhou and Hong Kong Monday through Thursday, at the invitation of China's Ministry of Public Security. The visit is part of an effort to “raise awareness and continue to build strong relationships with the Chinese counter-narcotics law enforcement authorities,” Russell Baer, a DEA Special Agent in Washington, said in an email.

U.S. officials point to China as the top source country for synthetic opioids like fentanyl and its precursors, which have been fueling the deadliest drug abuse epidemic in U.S. history. Chinese officials dispute those claims, noting that the U.S. has produced little data to support its case.

B71CB426-414C-4AC6-AA60-4D132C01A8C1_w250_r1_s.jpg

OxyContin pills, an opioid drug, are arranged for a photo at a pharmacy in Montpelier, Vermont.​

Nonetheless, Beijing has taken significant steps to crack down on the production and export of synthetic opioids, even though these substances are not widely abused within China. China already controls fentanyl, a painkiller up to 50 times more potent than heroin, along with 18 related compounds and is considering blacklisting four more.

U.S. officials have been pressing China to control additional opioids, which can be easily purchased online from vendors in China. China, meanwhile, has been seeking U.S. support to place ketamine, an anesthetic widely abused in China, on a U.N.-maintained list of internationally controlled substances.

DEA Chief to Visit China as US Pushes to Halt Opioid Supply

Granny says keep yer pain pills where kids can't get to `em...
eek.gif

Some of Youngest Opioid Victims are Curious Toddlers
March 23, 2017 — Curious toddlers find the drugs in a mother's purse or accidentally dropped on the floor. Sometimes a parent fails to secure the child-resistant cap on a bottle of painkillers.
No matter how it happens, if a 35-pound toddler grabs just one opioid pill, chews it and releases the full concentration of a time-released adult drug into their small bodies, death can come swiftly. These are some of the youngest victims of the nation's opioid epidemic — children under age 5 who die after swallowing opioids. The number of children's deaths is still small relative to the overall toll from opioids, but toddler fatalities have climbed steadily over the last 10 years.

In 2000, 14 children in the U.S. under age 5 died after ingesting opioids. By 2015, that number climbed to 51, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, alone, four children died last year of accidental overdoses. Another 2-year-old perished in January. Each family who loses a toddler to opioids confronts a death that probably could have been prevented. Here are a few of their stories:

An energetic birthday girl, a methadone mystery

Cataleya Tamekia-Damiah Wimberly couldn't sit still. She spent most of her first birthday party in Milwaukee dancing and diving into the cake. But her first birthday party was also her last. Nearly three weeks later, she was found dead of a cause her mother never suspected — a methadone overdose. Helen Jackson, 24, was styling her older daughter's hair when she got a call from Cataleya's father, who shared custody of the little girl. He sobbed on the phone as he explained how he found their daughter unresponsive the morning of Feb. 16, 2016. "I screamed so hard and so loud," Jackson said. "The screams that came out of me took all my strength, all my wind. It was just terrible."

B71CB426-414C-4AC6-AA60-4D132C01A8C1_cx0_cy3_cw0_w1023_r1_s.jpg

OxyContin pills, an opioid drug, are arranged for a photo at a pharmacy in Montpelier, Vermont, Feb. 19, 2013. Americans, even though comprising only five percent of the world's population, consume eighty percent of the its supply of pain medication​

Police were puzzled. They looked into whether the toddler was smothered while co-sleeping with her father and his girlfriend. They also investigated carbon monoxide poisoning because of a gas smell. Toxicology tests eventually revealed the methadone in her system. Jackson said her daughter, while in the care of her father, was at a relative's house when she swallowed the methadone that took her life.

Police are still investigating how Cataleya got the methadone. The case could be referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office for consideration of criminal charges, said Sgt. Timothy Gauerke. Since Cataleya's death, friends and family have commented on what they perceive as Jackson's strength in dealing with her loss. In reality, she said, she feels fragile and weak. "I don't know when I'm going to fall apart," she said. "I don't know when I'm going to explode. It's all still in there."

Mother's prescription proves fatal for daughter

See also:

State Department: US in Worst Heroin, Opioids Crisis in 60 Years
March 02, 2017 — The United States has its worst heroin and opioid crisis in more than 60 years. In 2015, mostly due to the heroin and opioid painkiller epidemic, more than 52,000 deaths in the U.S. were related to drug overdoses, the highest number in U.S. history, according to the State Department's International Narcotics Control Strategy Report released Thursday.
Ambassador William Brownfield briefed reporters on the release. The Assistant Secretary for International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs said that the incredible demand is domestic, but that 100 percent of all heroin, and the great majority of all synthetic drugs that are used and abused in the United States, come from other countries. He estimates that between 90 and 94 percent of all heroin consumed in the U.S. comes from Mexico and that as little as 2-4 percent of it comes from Colombia. The remainder, around 4-6 percent, comes from Asia, mainly from Afghanistan. The U.S. has more communities, more families, more regions and towns confronting an explosive drug addiction problem related to heroin, opioids and to fentanyl and other synthetic drugs now than in the immediate post World War II era.

176A7F50-3B30-4595-A3A4-4F185ADBFF98_w650_r0_s.jpg

This undated photo provided by the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office shows fentanyl pills.​

Brownfield said the potent and wildly addictive drug fentanyl is mostly coming in its raw form from China. He said it processes through Mexico, where it enters into that trafficking stream and moves north into the United States and Canada. "And it then becomes an exceptionally dangerous product in the United States," said Brownfield, "because fentanyl is 10-50 times as potent as heroin, and when the user does not realize that he or she is consuming fentanyl and not consuming heroin, the likelihood of overdose and death is extremely increased.” Brownfield had high praise for China for working with the United States to control fentanyl and 130 new synthetic drugs, saying this is saving lives in the U.S. He said cooperation between the U.S. and China has improved “astronomically” during the past four years. He was asked about whether President Donald Trump’s plan to build a wall along the U.S. southern border with Mexico would help stop the flow of heroin and other drugs.

779C97E8-4D3E-4BFE-9144-37C8B80476FE_w1023_r1_s.jpg

A bag of 4-fluoro isobutyryl fentanyl which was seized in a drug raid is displayed at the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Special Testing and Research Laboratory in Sterling, Virginia​

Brownfield said the U.S. and Mexico have developed a law enforcement “cooperative wall” at this point without having the physical construction of a wall. But he said since the president has been clear on his intentions to build a wall, the State Department will integrate any new realities into their efforts to curb drug trafficking across the U.S.-Mexico border. Brownfield said the State Department has determined for more than 20 years that the U.S. and Mexico share responsibility for the drug problem, and that it requires shared solutions. He added that though the U.S. drug epidemic is unprecedented, the United States is also much better positioned with the mechanisms and international cooperation it has in place today to confront the crisis than it would have been 20 years ago.

State Department: US in Worst Heroin, Opioids Crisis in 60 Years

Last edited:
Dindu Nuffins charged in illegal opioid prescription scheme...
thumbsup.gif

DEA: 13 charged in illegal opioid prescription scheme
Saturday 8th April, 2017 - Federal authorities have charged 13 people, including three Long Island medical professionals, in connection with a scheme to sell prescriptions for opioids, it was announced on Friday, April 7, 2017.
Three Long Island medical professionals are among 13 people indicted in connection with a scheme to swindle millions of dollars from Medicaid and Medicare by submitting patients to unnecessary procedures in exchange for illegally providing them with painkiller prescriptions — putting 6.3 million opioid pills on the street, officials announced Friday. Dr. Paul McClung of Valley Stream, physician assistant Marie Baptista Nazaire of Melville, and physical therapist Reynat Glaz of Valley Stream were among those named by authorities in their investigation as having participated in the scheme.

At a news conference Friday afternoon, city, state and federal authorities announced the result of “Operation Avalanche” — two indictments filed by New York City’s Office of the Special Narcotics Prosecutor containing a total of 477 charges, including fourth-degree conspiracy, criminal sale of a prescription for a controlled substance, first- and second-degree health care fraud, money laundering and others. Twelve of those identified in the indictments were arrested Friday morning, authorities said, and are scheduled to be arraigned Friday afternoon in Manhattan. Those indicted ranged from doctors to clinic office managers.

McClung and another doctor, Lazar Feygin, are accused of running three Brooklyn medical clinics that defrauded Medicaid and Medicare by billing for millions of dollars in unnecessary tests and procedures on patients. Feygin was the alleged “architect” of the operation, authorities said. The doctors and other medical practitioners at the clinics got patients to submit to these tests by illegally prescribing them oxycodone “for no legitimate medical purpose.” The patients would not receive the prescriptions unless they submitted to the tests, for which the clinics billed Medicaid and Medicare. Attorneys for the defendants could not immediately be reached for comment Friday.

image.jpg

Officials said the scheme was discovered after Drug Enforcement Agency agents on Long Island and in the Special Narcotics division in 2013 began looking into “doctor shoppers” — people who sought illegal prescriptions for controlled substances. The investigation centered around two Brooklyn clinics owned by Feygin — Parkville Medical Health in Kensington and LF Medical Services of NY in Clinton Hill. In 2013, McClung broke off from partnering with Feygin to begin his own practice, PM Medical — continuing “the same pattern of criminal activity,” according to a DEA news release.

The three clinics prescribed a combined 6.3 million oxycodone pills between early 2012 and early this year, authorities said. Feygin’s two clinics received more than $16 million in Medicaid and Medicare reimbursements between early 2013 and this year, while McClung’s PM Medical received more than $8.6 million between 2013 and this year. The clinics and two other firms also face charges in the indictments.

MORE

I've smoked weed every day for years. Do you think I'll die if i quit cold Turkey? I would if it was heroin or alcohol
Why are you living at all?

I have known tons of people that have a beer after work or a glass of wine with dinner and don't die the next day when they don't have alcohol.

I've smoked weed every day for years. Do you think I'll die if i quit cold Turkey? I would if it was heroin or alcohol

I have known tons of people that have a beer after work or a glass of wine with dinner and don't die the next day when they don't have alcohol.
Fact: Alcoholics can die from alcohol withdrawals.
Fact: You cannot die from marijuana withdrawals, because there are no withdrawals. You cant be physically addicted to it at all.

Fact: Alcoholics can die from alcohol withdrawals.
Fact: You cannot die from marijuana withdrawals, because there are no withdrawals. You cant be physically addicted to it at all.

But those facts are not needed in a biased world where corporate interest are more paramount than issues of the masses..It's all about da money..

That's because they don't have the addiction character flaw that 1 in 6 humans in the USA have...

Forum List

Back