CEO Compensation Increased 940% Between 1978 and 2018, Workers’ Only by 12%

/——/ What moron thinks the CEO who founded a company should do the bulk of the manual labor? You Progs get more ridiculous everyday. What don’t those doing the manual labor go open their own business if they feel exploited? Who forces them to work there? BTW liberal NY begged Amazon to open an office in Queens. I guess Gov Cuomo likes exploited workers. You retard.
What moron thinks the CEO who founded a company should do the bulk of the manual labor? You Progs get more ridiculous everyday. What don’t those doing the manual labor go open their own business if
No one expects CEOs to do any manual labor; they are too delicate (and greedy) The percentage of profits that go to CEOs is what I'm referring to. There is no reason those profits can not be distributed among the workers whose labor creates the profits, is there? Grinding austerity, falling real wages and acute funding crises gripping schools, hospitals, and most local government services are the price society pays for the worship of the rich.

The percentage of profits that go to CEOs is what I'm referring to. There is no reason those profits can not be distributed among the workers whose labor creates the profits, is there?

Employee compensation is already much, much more than profits.

You're free to start your own company here and give all the profits to the workers.

Why haven't you? Greedy bastard!!

You're free to start your own company here and give all the profits to the workers.
main_graph.jpg

How much more do those greedy, useless eater shareholders think they're entitled to?
Wage Stagnation: Much More Than You Wanted To Know

Todd made a very strong claim about wages being much more than profits.

If his point is true, your argument is destroyed. You have to address it, or be revealed to be nothing but a propaganda spouting troll.

And I speak as both someone who wants to see large scale long term increases in wages AND as someone with his retirement invested heavily in stocks.
And I speak as both someone who wants to see large scale long term increases in wages AND as someone with his retirement invested heavily in stocks.
Then you have to reconcile a rate of return on investment that is greater than the GDP growth rate.
Simple model to understand r and g relationship...

Why?

No one expects CEOs to do any manual labor; they are too delicate (and greedy) The percentage of profits that go to CEOs is what I'm referring to. There is no reason those profits can not be distributed among the workers whose labor creates the profits, is there? Grinding austerity, falling real wages and acute funding crises gripping schools, hospitals, and most local government services are the price society pays for the worship of the rich.

The percentage of profits that go to CEOs is what I'm referring to. There is no reason those profits can not be distributed among the workers whose labor creates the profits, is there?

main_graph.jpg

How much more do those greedy, useless eater shareholders think they're entitled to?

If his point is true, your argument is destroyed. You have to address it, or be revealed to be nothing but a propaganda spouting troll.

What does that prove regarding income disparity in the US?
wages2.jpg

Why Aren't Wages Keeping Up? It's Not The Economy, It's Management

What explains rising levels of income inequality in the US?
450px-2008_Top1percentUSA.png

Causes of income inequality in the United States - Wikipedia

You were whining about profits going to owners rather than to workers.
Very true

Why did we give them a tax cut again?

main_graph.jpg

Then you have to reconcile a rate of return on investment that is greater than the GDP growth rate.

Why?
If the return on capital is greater than GDP growth and the rich own most of the capital, then the rich will accumulate wealth faster than wage labor and rising income inequality becomes inevitable.

main_graph.jpg

wages2.jpg

Perhaps you haven't noticed but this is 2019...not 2010.
I haven't noticed any changes in fundamental economic trends since 2010, have you?
174082-21889.png.948

Labor Day 2019 | How well is the American economy working for working people?: EPI researchers reflect on the state of labor in the United States

main_graph.jpg

wages2.jpg

I haven't noticed any changes in fundamental economic trends since 2010, have you?
174082-21889.png.948

Labor Day 2019 | How well is the American economy working for working people?: EPI researchers reflect on the state of labor in the United States

As you know, the increase in productivity is due to our use of automation and technology, not a worker installing 252% more air conditioning systems in a day than they did in 1979.

main_graph.jpg

wages2.jpg

174082-21889.png.948

As you know, the increase in productivity is due to our use of automation and technology, not a worker installing 252% more air conditioning systems in a day than they did in 1979.
Do you believe there are two and one-half times as many robots installing air conditioning systems today than there were in 1979? When millions of living wage manufacturing jobs are outsourced to China and displaced workers are forced into minimum wage employment, economic and societal changes are shaped by ideologies and power structures as much as by technological developments.
img-84.jpg

https://www.nap.edu/read/24649/chapter/5

Do you believe there are two and one-half times as many robots installing air conditioning systems today than there were in 1979? When millions of living wage manufacturing jobs are outsourced to China and displaced workers are forced into minimum wage employment, economic and societal changes are shaped by ideologies and power structures as much as by technological developments.

Nope, robots are not installing more air conditioners but they are BUILDING at least 2 1/2 times more air conditioners.

Do you deny that we have more jobs available today than we have workers?

What is the typical household income where one of the workers is earning the minimum wage?

main_graph.jpg

wages2.jpg

Very true

Having the highest corporate rate in the world, while corporations are free to move, is beyond moronic.

main_graph.jpg

Why?
If the return on capital is greater than GDP growth and the rich own most of the capital, then the rich will accumulate wealth faster than wage labor and rising income inequality becomes inevitable.

If the return on capital is greater than GDP growth and the rich own most of the capital

The non-rich are allowed to accumulate capital.
The rich don't hoard their capital like Scrooge McDuck.

main_graph.jpg

wages2.jpg

Very true

Having the highest corporate rate in the world, while corporations are free to move, is beyond moronic.
We did not have the highest effective corporate tax in the world

There was not an exodus of business away from America before the historic tax cut

main_graph.jpg

Why?

If the return on capital is greater than GDP growth and the rich own most of the capital

The non-rich are allowed to accumulate capital.
The rich don't hoard their capital like Scrooge McDuck.
Actually, they do horde
Usually off shore

wages2.jpg

Very true

There was not an exodus of business away from America before the historic tax cut

We had the highest rate.
If you want to complain that corporations were allowed to deduct expenses, explain further.

wages2.jpg

Very true

Dude. Outsourcing has been a thing for decades. What are you smoking?

Forum List

Back