CDZ Center for Countering Digital Hate

Always ask, "Is it real?"

Probably not.
It’s best to avoid all “middleman interpreters” when we have minimal access to honest journalism. The smart approach is to read all primary sources which are untainted by media interpretations.

Last edited:
You don't get it, these people spreading the misinformation are spreading hate. Ignorance and hate go together.

There's LOTS disinformation being spread.. These 12 dont have a "lock" on disinformation.. And the story is misleading.. Because RFKennedy Jr. has BY FAR the biggest following. He has 3 ORGANIZATIIONS dedicated to EVERYTHING anti-vax and has FOR YEARS.. WAAAY before the Cvid thing.

And this is based on "following" or "likes".. NOT a valid test of their messaging.. I've hit RFK sites about 3 dozen times in the past year just to SAMPLE some of the nonsense contained therein for my writing..

Masks are nowhere NEAR settled science. Science never votes and ends discussion because someone dictates that's so.. A properly WORN N95 mask offers moderate protection against social transmission.. But a cloth mask -- even if it FITS right or is cleaned after use offers less than 25% of the protection against Covid that an N95 does..

Are we not supposed to point out that most mask wearing -- especially MANDATED mask wearing in places not crowded or outdoors -- is of LIMITED use?

I'm personally MUCH MORE concerned about the purposeful lying of POLITICIANS and bureaucrats than I am about masking or the stupid claims of the anti-vaxxers. Like how Terry McCaullough got caught REPEATEDLY spewing GROSSLY exaggerated statistics on child covid cases. Even the WashPo couldn't cover for him,.

Or how the current Fed Adminstration has orchestrated the script that their invented war between the "vaxxed and unvaxxred" TOTALLY IGNORES natural immunity.. And how any mandates SHOULD include exceptions for the naturally immune -- Because the "war" is really between the immune and not immune as per the science..

Correct not my place not your place to do so. But this independent non-profit is the best way to deal with the problem that is destroying our civilization.

As an Independent you realize that being "non-profit" is no guarantee of honesty, objectiveness, or even science or math adherence. And non-profits are lately the place where all those huge UNSPENT Covid bailout bucks are ending up..

Hate to point out the obvious here --- but it's up to US to sort thru all the propaganda. Cant trust the media or your political leadership anymore.. And the large corps are outwardly supporting some really sketchy divisive people and viewpoints..

There's LOTS disinformation being spread.. These 12 dont have a "lock" on disinformation.. And the story is misleading.. Because RFKennedy Jr. has BY FAR the biggest following. He has 3 ORGANIZATIIONS dedicated to EVERYTHING anti-vax and has FOR YEARS.. WAAAY before the Cvid thing.

And this is based on "following" or "likes".. NOT a valid test of their messaging.. I've hit RFK sites about 3 dozen times in the past year just to SAMPLE some of the nonsense contained therein for my writing..

Masks are nowhere NEAR settled science. Science never votes and ends discussion because someone dictates that's so.. A properly WORN N95 mask offers moderate protection against social transmission.. But a cloth mask -- even if it FITS right or is cleaned after use offers less than 25% of the protection against Covid that an N95 does..

Are we not supposed to point out that most mask wearing -- especially MANDATED mask wearing in places not crowded or outdoors -- is of LIMITED use?

I'm personally MUCH MORE concerned about the purposeful lying of POLITICIANS and bureaucrats than I am about masking or the stupid claims of the anti-vaxxers. Like how Terry McCaullough got caught REPEATEDLY spewing GROSSLY exaggerated statistics on child covid cases. Even the WashPo couldn't cover for him,.

Or how the current Fed Adminstration has orchestrated the script that their invented war between the "vaxxed and unvaxxred" TOTALLY IGNORES natural immunity.. And how any mandates SHOULD include exceptions for the naturally immune -- Because the "war" is really between the immune and not immune as per the science..
Do I need to have the little talk about being a hater with you like I did Oddball?

You bought into all those lies, and you seem to have no memory of what has happened. Mother Jones Magazine>trumprewritesstandardsonshowerheadsafterworring...

Trump was a true problem solver and multi-tasker.. NOT a politician.. And yeah -- government designed household items like toilets and heat pumps and shower heads and small gas engines that DONT WORK OR LAST -- BECAUSE OF GOVT - is a major problem for EVERYONE in daily life..

Just not for NYCity apt. dwellers who write for Mother Jones..

Last edited:
Note in the OPost (or even on digital hate website) these folks aren't sharing the ACTUAL NUMBERS for the "dirty dozen".. I'm CERTAIN that's because RFK Jr and the #2 on the list -- they account for more 50% of the "misinformation" by themselves -- and this chiropractor guy probably comes in with about 3% or less.

This is why we need HIGHER STANDARDS on villifying and cancelling people before someone gets an eye poked out for nothing..

As an Independent you realize that being "non-profit" is no guarantee of honesty, objectiveness, or even science or math adherence. And non-profits are lately the place where all those huge UNSPENT Covid bailout bucks are ending up..

Hate to point out the obvious here --- but it's up to US to sort thru all the propaganda. Cant trust the media or your political leadership anymore.. And the large corps are outwardly supporting some really sketchy divisive people and viewpoints..
Faceboot actually prioritizes algorhythms that give people content that angers them. We all know about their algorythms that provide people with things they might be interested in, but it has been revealed recently that if you respond negatively to a post or article you see on Facebook, they give you MORE of that sort of content.

In terms of divisive people are concerned, it is the technocrats, themselves, who are dividing us and not just those who use them. I am a small business owner and when the shutdowns began, I was inundated by leftist covid nazi shit about how all small businesses should be shut down. Now, I know why - it's because Facebook WANTED me to be reading it.

In a weird way, it all makes sense. Motivate people to anger and they respond in strong ways just as they do when motivated my fear. Facebook doesn't care HOW we react, only that we DO react.

Faceboot actually prioritizes algorhythms that give people content that angers them. We all know about their algorythms that provide people with things they might be interested in, but it has been revealed recently that if you respond negatively to a post or article you see on Facebook, they give you MORE of that sort of content.

In terms of divisive people are concerned, it is the technocrats, themselves, who are dividing us and not just those who use them. I am a small business owner and when the shutdowns began, I was inundated by leftist covid nazi shit about how all small businesses should be shut down. Now, I know why - it's because Facebook WANTED me to be reading it.

In a weird way, it all makes sense. Motivate people to anger and they respond in strong ways just as they do when motivated my fear. Facebook doesn't care HOW we react, only that we DO react.

Time to go back and read some Marshall McLuhan.. Especially "Media is the Message".. Way back in the 60s and 70s this guy PREDICTED the situation with "big tech" in the future -- as in TODAY.,. Said that digital media and universal access to knowledge and anti-knowledge would results in "tribalizing society".. Not just into two major divisions, but into smaller and smaller hateful little clumps of interest orientated tribal wars..

We're pretty much on that roadway now and hurtling towards smaller and smaller tribes that cant discuss or debate their differences civilly.

Time to go back and read some Marshall McLuhan.. Especially "Media is the Message".. Way back in the 60s and 70s this guy PREDICTED the situation with "big tech" in the future -- as in TODAY.,. Said that digital media and universal access to knowledge and anti-knowledge would results in "tribalizing society".. Not just into two major divisions, but into smaller and smaller hateful little clumps of interest orientated tribal wars..

We're pretty much on that roadway now and hurtling towards smaller and smaller tribes that cant discuss or debate their differences civilly.
Another accurate predictor of political attempts to come, George Orwell…incredible insight 70 years back since publication.

Thanks for posting the heads up about Marshall McLuhan-wasn’t familiar.

There is a left-leaning blogger who still puts out truthful messages and has a way with words to depict things perfectly. He covers many subjects including astronomy, origins of life theories, population trends, human behavior, his Biden/Trump presidential debate is comically accurate overall (he does pretty well trying for neutral) many others. Worth your time I promise!

Www.waitbutwhy.com

Some folks seem to be forgetting this is in the CDZ. That means no flaming, no insults, no put downs. Civil discourse.

With discussions of Facebook (especially after recent revelations)….and the economics of digital hate (produces revenue)…and tbe overall issues around social media and profit minded tech giants, may this is also relevant to the OP?

The future could see the world's human data, delivered through the rising power and reach of artificial intelligence, in the hands of a powerful few - a recipe for a dystopian tomorrow populated by "hacked humans," says Yuval Noah Harari. The world-renowned author tells Anderson Cooper nations must begin cooperating to prevent this by regulating artificial intelligence and the collection of data across all nations. The interview with Harari will be broadcast on 60 Minutes, Sunday October 31, at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.

Harari says the countries and companies that control the most data will control the world.

"The world is increasingly kind of cut up into spheres of data collection, of data harvesting. In the Cold War, you had the Iron Curtain. Now we have the Silicon Curtain, that the world is increasingly divided between the USA and China," Harari tells Cooper. "Does your data go to California or does it go to Shenzhen and to Shanghai and to Beijing?"

Harari, a history professor at Hebrew University in Jerusalem, published his first book, "Sapiens," in 2014; it was a global best seller. He has since published two more books with futuristic themes, "Homo Deus" and "21 Lessons for the 21st Century." The three books together have sold 35 million copies in 65 languages.

He has been warning people of a not-so-distant future of incredible change, saying the artificial intelligence at work today through algorithms will only strengthen its grip on humans.

"Netflix tells us what to watch and Amazon tells us what to buy. Eventually within 10 or 20 or 30 years such algorithms could also tell you what to study at college and where to work and whom to marry and even whom to vote for," says Harari.

And he points out, the pandemic has opened the door to even more intrusive collection of our data.

"It's data about what's happening inside my body. What we have seen so far, it's corporations and governments collecting data about where we go, who we meet, what movies we watch. The next phase is surveillance going under our skin," he warns.

Forum List

Back