Census workers get ready for door-to-door count

In my capacity as a census enumerator, I don't care. My job is to fill out the questionnaires for the addresses I'm given. That's it, that's all. Law enforcement is not in my job description.
And, in that capacity, that's all I would expect you to do.
Do you feel that we're going to end up with an inaccurate count, given the number of illegals? Therefore causing lopsided funding??
And do you feel, as an American citizen, that it would be your responsibility to report it if you do find out someone is here illegally?

How many do you think will be illegal?

In my capacity as a census enumerator, I don't care. My job is to fill out the questionnaires for the addresses I'm given. That's it, that's all. Law enforcement is not in my job description.

And people wonder why we have to many illegal in America, heres the answer"I don't care".

What part of "in my capacity as a census enumerator" did you need drawn for you in crayon?

Do you feel that we're going to end up with an inaccurate count, given the number of illegals? Therefore causing lopsided funding??
And do you feel, as an American citizen, that it would be your responsibility to report it if you do find out someone is here illegally?

Once I'm off the clock, sure. We actually discussed this in training, what one does if one discovers evidence of a crime while on the job. Violent crime, with imminent danger to someone, I call 911 immediately. Non-violent crime, such as immigration issues (which I'm actually pretty unlikely to discover anything actionable on while I'm working), my orders are to complete my work for the day, clock out, and then make whatever anonymous phone reports I feel compelled to make. What I cannot do is report it in my official capacity as a Census Bureau employee, or reveal any personal information from Census records or paperwork. What I do as a private citizen, on my own time, with my own personal information and observations, is entirely up to me.

Once I'm off the clock, sure. We actually discussed this in training, what one does if one discovers evidence of a crime while on the job. Violent crime, with imminent danger to someone, I call 911 immediately. Non-violent crime, such as immigration issues (which I'm actually pretty unlikely to discover anything actionable on while I'm working), my orders are to complete my work for the day, clock out, and then make whatever anonymous phone reports I feel compelled to make. What I cannot do is report it in my official capacity as a Census Bureau employee, or reveal any personal information from Census records or paperwork. What I do as a private citizen, on my own time, with my own personal information and observations, is entirely up to me.

What were you instructed to do if illegals were at the home you were surveying?

Thank you!
Being a Census worker, in my opinion, is good citizenship.
I had the fun of knocking on doors in 2000. Passed this time around.

I just told you, in a rather lengthy paragraph right before you asked. Why don't you try reading it?

I just told you, in a rather lengthy paragraph right before you asked. Why don't you try reading it?

So your saying the gov't doesn't want them reported.

Forum List

Back