Census games.

Feb 28, 2009
Just for fun, a group of friends and I decided to have a little fun with the census. It started over a few beers and all of us laughing about how idiotic the census is, asking in MARCH how many people lived in your house on April 1st 2010 (which, wasn't here yet so how the hell do we know?)

First things first, we wanted to see what happened if we didn't turn our forms in immediately.

Exactly one week to the day after we received our forms but didn't return them, we all got a little postcard telling us they didn't get our form. How neat. Seems the IRS and the census have a neat little deal where mail from them always comes on a Monday. Nice.

We all delayed another week, but just by happenstance 8 (out of the 12) of us noticed a strange thing: the postman stopped by our mailboxes, empty-handed. No, no red flags were up, no mail was outgoing, or incoming, he was just checking the boxes. Interesting.

Then, we ALL filled out our forms, and put a zero where it asks how many people were living there as of April 1 2010, and mailed them. Again, it wasn't April 1st yet, so how the fuck are we supposed to know the future!

The very next Monday, we all got little postcards saying we didn't fill out our census forms. How sweet.

Then we all called in, requesting another census form. These were all promptly received the following Monday.

I note that the county where I live leads the state in percentage of census forms filled out and turned in, and we all proceeded to fill out the forms correctly and send them. Since it was now after April 1st, we could be accurate and honest and not fortune tellers.

Such fun!

I wonder how many of us will be getting visits?

Last edited:
Just for fun, a group of friends and I decided to have a little fun with the census. It started over a few beers and all of us laughing about how idiotic the census is, asking in MARCH how many people lived in your house on April 1st 2010 (which, wasn't here yet so how the hell do we know?)

I filled mine out on March 20th or so. And I thought what happens if someone in my household dies before April 1st?

Would my census answers consititute fraud?

I'm sure that there are several hundred thousand people who will be included in the 2010 US Population tally that fall into the category "Should have been living in there house on April 1st, but died"

• Banned

I filled mine out on March 20th or so. And I thought what happens if someone in my household dies before April 1st?

I'm sure that there are several hundred thousand people who will be included in the 2010 US Population tally that fall into the category "Should have been living in there house on April 1st, but died"
And yet, they bemoan each time that they didn't get an accurate count.

We can never have an accurate count...unless everyone has a transponder implanted beneath their skin that emits a signal when the person is alive...and at 12:00am on April 1st, a special satellite takes an instantaneous reading of all of the transponders.

That would be accurate.

• Banned

We can never have an accurate count...unless everyone has a transponder implanted beneath their skin that emits a signal when the person is alive...and at 12:00am on April 1st, a special satellite takes an instantaneous reading of all of the transponders.

That would be accurate.
And only a little more spooky than postmen checking empty boxes!

or if you fuckers would quit wasting even more money just fill the damn things out and return them
You should be proud of me. This is the first time I have ever sent in a census form or been counted, or participated in any way other than to tell the later-visiting census worker to go fuck him/herself.

Of course, technically that's still not true either. It's not like I'm actually going to put my real name and DoB down....

I waited until the first to fill mine out and mailed it in on the 2nd. I got the postcard one week after receiving the first form and thought "What the hell? The form clearly says people living in the house on April 1, 2010. How am I supposed to fill it out on March 20, 2010?"

I figured it was a trick by the Obama administration to get as many households that were not fully registered as Republican to commit fraud by sending them in early.

On April 1, I got a second form but since I had already filled out the first form, I simply tore it up and put it in the garbage.

Immie

I waited until the first to fill mine out and mailed it in on the 2nd. I got the postcard one week after receiving the first form and thought "What the hell? The form clearly says people living in the house on April 1, 2010. How am I supposed to fill it out on March 20, 2010?"

I figured it was a trick by the Obama administration to get as many households that were not fully registered as Republican to commit fraud by sending them in early.

On April 1, I got a second form but since I had already filled out the first form, I simply tore it up and put it in the garbage.

Immie
They could have made that issue non-existent by choosing a better date, like.... I don't know -- maybe one what wasn't IN THE FUTURE???

Like, the day the idiots mailed the postcard that told us we would be getting the actual form in a week? Something sensible like that maybe?

Answer like I did I put down I have eight illegal immigrants living in my condo and most of them spend half their time in prison. Hopefully this will get the government to build more prisions for all the illegals that are invading this country!!!

Immie
They could have made that issue non-existent by choosing a better date, like.... I don't know -- maybe one what wasn't IN THE FUTURE???

Like, the day the idiots mailed the postcard that told us we would be getting the actual form in a week? Something sensible like that maybe?

That was what I thought. Like why not choose March 1st rather than April 1st.

Or they simply could have realized that most Americans were literate and would not reply until on or after the 1st.

Immie

o give me a break...i know how many people will be sleeping in this house on april 1...the same amount that sleeps here nearly ever night...you could the people who are permanently in the home...not joe blow crashing there for the night

Immie

That was what I thought. Like why not choose March 1st rather than April 1st.

Or they simply could have realized that most Americans were literate and would not reply until on or after the 1st.

Immie
If they realized that, they wouldn't have been sending the postcards saying they didn't hear from you -- still in March! :rofl:

Truth is, I had a decision to make -- I had like, 13 days to build a time machine so I could go forward into the future to April 1st and see how many people were living in my house, or even if the house was still there for starters, OR I could wait until after April 1st to fill out the form.

Decisions, decisions. In the end, I decided I would need at least three weeks to design and build the time machine, and before I got it done April 1st would already have come and gone!

So, what the hell.

o give me a break...i know how many people will be sleeping in this house on april 1...the same amount that sleeps here nearly ever night...you could the people who are permanently in the home...not joe blow crashing there for the night
No, you did not know that. You ASSumed that.

The house could have burnt down, someone could have died, you DIDN'T know.

That's the point.

Forum List

Back